No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "League of Assassins?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halberdier17
    Maybe not somebody else mentioned she could be Nyssa Raatko which is Ra's al Ghul's oldest known daughter. She is also from Russia in the comics Isabel Rochev is from Siberia.

I don't know if they will try to make Isabel Rochev one of Ra's al Ghul's children because she already has her own back story in the comics.
    It wouldn't make sense for Al-Owal to say the child of Ra's al Ghul awaits (in Nanda Parbat) if Isabel is his daughter and she's in Starling City running Queen Consolidated.

Comment

Love that they included Professor Ivo in this episode.

Comment

I admit I didn't like it as much as the last two, but it was still a pretty cool episode. Going into it, I thought it would answer some questions. But it was more of a tease, lol. Once again we are left with plenty of questions. Especially about what happened on the island and the boat. Or about what Moira is hiding.

I did like the fact that Quentin reconnected with Sara though. Knowing how much her loss damaged him, it was a great to see him discover she was alive.

Not sure what they are trying to do with Laurel at the moment. She has some weird mood swings. In the premiere she was the one that said hooking up with Oliver was a mistake and now she came onto him. Although for the life of me I don't know how Oliver resisted.

7 out of 10.

Comment

So Sara was trained by Talia?

Would be nice to hear a mention of the man trained by his father

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini

Talia or Nyssa.

It's what I mentioned in the LIVE thread that the producers my throw a little curve ball. I'm guessing 9/10 haven't heard of the other daughter of Ra's. So everyone may expect Talia instead we get older sister.

Comment

Originally posted by brbo70
              It wouldn't make sense for Al-Owal to say the child of Ra's al Ghul awaits (in Nanda Parbat) if Isabel is his daughter and she's in Starling City running Queen Consolidated.
              Then again your right and Al owal was talking about Talia.

Comment

The things I liked about the episode: a lot of what Oliver was experiencing in Season 1 was reflected in Sarah, and we were given a glimpse of how far he has come. I thought it interesting that he was still not sleeping well. I loved the action scenes and the scene where Sarah leaves Quentin. Moira did not even try to deny that she has secrets. I think it is realistic that Laurel is falling apart. It adds a bit of realistic human behaviour to the show. Some people do not cope with adversity, and can not bounce back when bad things happen, and cannot get on with their lives. Laurel is struggling to cope with all the difficult things she has been through and can not see anything good at the moment. I think this period of her life is echoing Oliver's comments from last week when he said nothing good happened for 5 years. I do not know if Laurel knows what she wants, and she does not know how to return to being a happier person. I just hope that the writers do not push her character any further. She is not coping with life and is falling apart. This period is Laurel's crucible. The question for me is how low does she need to fall before she can become a heroine in her own right?
                I think that Quentin's acceptance of Sarah may open doors for Oliver revealing his secret to Quentin as well. If Malcolm was in communication with the league of assassins, they may know who the Arrow is, and his family may also be at risk - or is this stretching things far? if that is the case, Oliver may need Quentin's assistance down the line.
                What happens to Sin now that Sarah has left town?
                My best part is that once again, oliver admitted that Digg was right!

Comment

Whoa. Just..whoa. This season is just flat amazing. Can't wait for next week.

Comment

Another great episode. I am loving the development of Quentin this season. I also like how Oliver is now being honest about what happened to him in the last 5 years (kind of). Although I'm slightly confused by what Oliver said at the end of the episode. What exactly was Diggle right about?

Comment

Originally posted by Quark
                      Another great episode. I am loving the development of Quentin this season. I also like how Oliver is now being honest about what happened to him in the last 5 years (kind of). Although I'm slightly confused by what Oliver said at the end of the episode. What exactly was Diggle right about?
                      It was a call back to "Crucible" were Diggle made a speech about how much weight and how much of a toll it takes to keep secrets and Ollie's answer was "You see how hard I work out."

Here is the quote that Diggle said "You know Oliver, somebody once told me that secrets have weight. The more you keep, the harder it is to keep moving."
                      Last edited by Halberdier17; 11-07-2013, 01:23 PM. Reason: Added Diggle's full quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                        It was a call back to "Crucible" were Diggle made a speech about how much weight and how much of a toll it takes to keep secrets and Ollie's answer was "You see how hard I work out."
                        Oh I see thanks.

On another note, I really don't want Moira to die but I am very excited for her trial.

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but I'm loving that fact that Sara is a League of Assassin's assassin. Like, REALLY loving it. And the fact that she wanted to leave makes me not hate her (who in the hell could hate her??). It makes me think of the Smallville version of Ggreen Arrow. He was a part of that cult, but didn't like what they were putting down, so he left, prompting his old mentor to track him down. Sara's situation reminds me of that a lot.

And I wasn't surprised at all that she told her dad. It really seemed like the only thing she could do to keep him safe, so that's what she did and it made sense.

Comment

Originally posted by brbo70
                            Actually, it could make sense if the term "awaits" just means she's waiting for Sara to return to the League of Assassins, and that's it. It may not have meant that Ra's al Ghul's daughter is just there waiting for Sara to come "home".

Comment

This episode was awesome! Like many of us, I diddn't expect Sara's father to knew about her so quickly. Kind of makes me sad for Laurel not knowing, she could really use the news right now, the state she's in..

I diddn't like the flashbacks to much because it should be Oliver flashbacks. There's no time to see all that has happened with her and i'm more of a guy that feels like, show it all, or don't show it but summerize it or something :P

But it was a damn good episode! Can't wait for next week!

Comment

You guys think they were referring to either Talia or Nyssa. What if the "child of Ra's al Ghul" turns out to be a son instead of a daughter? Hey you never know. They do love playing around with the mythos. Besides Ra's did have a son in the comics, albeit one he disowned.

Regarding the Talia/Nyssa and Isabel speculations, I wonder if it's both? Perhaps the assassin was referring to Talia but at the same time Isabel could be Nyssa (or a descendant). Remember that Nyssa disassociated herself from her father and the league for a while. So maybe she is not officially in the league at this time.

A part of me wants Ra's to show up in the finale and declare, "Oliver, I am your real father" just for the hilarity.

This show really doesn't waste it's time. I like that they got to the whole Quentin/Sara revelation bit so fast. Though at this point Quentin must know who the Arrow is (he probably doesn't care much about it but I mean it's just too obvious for him not to know). Poor Laurel. :/

The flashbacks are getting more interesting now with Sara and Ivo. Although now they are essentially jumping around 3 time periods (the earliest being Sara's flashbacks, then Oliver meeting a changed version of her on the boat and of course the present). Lost, Arrow, OUAT....this really is the era of flashback storytelling.
                                Last edited by Exedore; 11-07-2013, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎