0 0%
  • 1 - So bad it made me [Canary] cry

1 2.78%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "League of Assassins?"

What did you think, everybody?

Mild Mannered Reporter CK_ALL_DAY's Avatar
    Once again, another awesome episode. Gonna have to watch it again before I give any type of review.

The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar
    I was so surprised that Quentin found out about Sara so soon. Arrow really pulls no punches when it comes to getting to the point.

Board Master
    Another great episode and I was surprised that Detective Lance would find out about Sarah. The writers are doing a good job getting to the point and I'm glad Sarah still lives even if she left Starling City.

A great episode. If you were worried that it wouldn't be about the League of Assassins, rest easy. There are assassins aplenty, throughout the episode. There's a link between them and Ollie and Sara's experiences six years ago. "The child of Ra's Al Ghul awaits your return," the lead assassins says to Sara -- who is one of their initiates! (That was a Batman fan moment for me ... any chance Sara was trained by Talia herself? ). Plus we get more context into Sara's rescue/capture aboard that mystery ship. Sara seeing a canary when she survived the boat's sinking was a bit much, but I'll let that slide.

Laurel is left out in the cold, not knowing even about the threat of the assassins or that her sister is alive. That on top of Ollie brushing off a potential nightcap. She arranges a plea bargain as prosecutor with Moira to get the death penalty off the table, only to have the Queens decide they're going to trial after all. Not a good evening for her.

There's more about Moira's case and how Ollie and Thea are dealing with it. Secrets are revealed, lies are told to (you guessed it) protect people. Felicity may need to make an Excel spreadsheet to help people figure out which ones to keep (Quentin the only Lance to know that Sara is alive!), which ones to reveal (Moira on the verge of telling the Queen kids more about what she may know about Merlyn and an alleged association with the League of Assassins).

9/10. Will dock a point for retro-season-1 Thea's bratty prison tantrum over Moira initially wanting to accept a plea bargain. (Thea, you're grounded!) Overall a solid episode. The "miracle" canary appearance to Sara was kinda cheesy, but it's virtually erased by super-cool flashbacks culminating in Sara's mysterious introduction to DC mad scientist Dr. Ivo.

Banned
    A great episode I'll echo what the others have said Quentin finding out about Sara was a shock. I didn't expect it this early. This could lead to Laurel going off the deep end more after she finds about this and why they kept it from her for so long.

Child of Ra's al Ghul huh. Maybe an appearance from Talia? Nah they can't be this awesome can they?

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Great episode I will have more details during my rewatch.

Settling In
    Good episode. I wasn't too surprised about q.lance finding out about Sarah. I'm not too sure he will be able to keep a secret though. I'm curious to see if he will talk to Oliver about Sarah or possibly forgive him/ask him questions about her.

No Roy this episode WTF! Hopefully we see him next week. #TeamRedArrow

Great episode once again! This season is has been awesome!

I actually kind of thought that Detective Lance was going to find out about Ollie for a minute there but I guess I'm glad they didn't. I hate it when shows keep secrets! I won't to know what Moira's secret is and what happened to Sarah on the ship with Dr. Ivo!

Are we going to see Talia? (and is Isobel = Talia??) I'm also ready for Laurel's story line to pick up a little bit. I get there trying to make a sympathetic but its getting kinda annoying. I want Sarah to reveal herself to Laurel so at least I will feel like Laurel will be part of the main story. Every scene with her seems to be kind of a distraction from the rest of the episode.

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Maybe not somebody else mentioned she could be Nyssa Raatko which is Ra's al Ghul's oldest known daughter. She is also from Russia in the comics Isabel Rochev is from Siberia.

I don't know if they will try to make Isabel Rochev one of Ra's al Ghul's children because she already has her own back story in the comics.

The Force is Strong!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Training the next generation of Jedi legends
    It was an awesome episode. I loved all the action in the episode. The flashback of Sarah's missing years mirrored what Oliver went through. And for me it actually was an interesting part of this episode. I would have liked to have seen Sarah getting trained.

As was also pointed out, I love how this series just goes straight to the point and finally . It doesn't drag on with the soapy parts. Glad Quentin found out that Sarah wasn't dead. Hopefully its not the last we see of Sarah/Black Canary. And I'm glad Oliver confessed to Diggle that he didn't spend all 5 yrs on the island.

This series gets better and better...can't wait to see more

How in the world did Quentin NOT suspect Ollie as the Arrow as soon as he finds out his daughter, long thought to be dead as well, has returned and is a crimefighter? Lol. That really just shoves the nail down in the idea that Quentin just doesn't care who Arrow is now, imo.

Pretty incredible episode and further proves the writers' love for Nolan's trilogy("Be mindful of your surrounding"), lol.

I at least hope that they finally confirm if Arrow has something to do with a DC Cinematic Universe or not. I get tired of getting into debate over debate on if it could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by maasaloo View Post
    Child of Ra's al Ghul huh. Maybe an appearance from Talia? Nah they can't be this awesome can they?
    Talia or Nyssa.

"you should be mindful of your surroundings"

now why does that sound so familiar?

EDIT: oops sorry Anno_Domini, didn't see you already commented on that quote!
    Last edited by Majin Wilson; 11-06-2013 at 08:45 PM.

New In Town
    I was surprised when Quentin found out so quickly about Sara being Black Canary (though that name never comes in conversation). But I'm glad he did and the writers didn't make him look like an idiot. He is a detective regardless of whether he was demoted and detectives can figure these things out very quickly. Though she will probably only appear in flashbacks for the next few or several episodes, she will be back and I think Laurel will find out regardless if she is told or not. If Sara is still in Starling City it's bound to happen. Laurel is going to know about the Black Canary and that will get Laurel thinking.
    Last edited by brbo70; 11-06-2013 at 10:11 PM.

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by thatoneguy View Post
    Good episode. I wasn't too surprised about q.lance finding out about Sarah. I'm not too sure he will be able to keep a secret though. I'm curious to see if he will talk to Oliver about Sarah or possibly forgive him/ask him questions about her.

No Roy this episode WTF! Hopefully we see him next week. #TeamRedArrow
    Roy is in next week's episode. I've seen photos.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast