0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Blah

1 2.33%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    I loved this episode.

What I like was already mentioned by others.

Was the officers name a reference to Tim Daly (I don't know how it was spelled on the show because my closed captioning was messing up last night.) I only thought that because he voiced Superman. I don't know if they had a Daly or Daily that worked for DC Comics. Also Fort Kirby is a reference to Jack Kirby (He penned and inked 11 6 page Green Arrow comics in World's Finest and Adventure comics.)

New In Town
    Not the same kind of spectacle as last week, but equally satisfying all the same. Love the creative use of arrows. There are so many comic references in this show, that I find myself looking for them. I have been wondering about the significance of 503 killed in the earthquake: here is my thought - NEW COMICS was the first real comic book from National Allied Publications, the comics publisher that would become DC. It debuted in the Autumn of 1935. Eventually it would become NEW ADVENTURE COMICS and finally simply ADVENTURE COMICS. It ran for 503 issues, ending in September, 1983.

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    CookieMonster5150 thanks for posting that I didn't even think 503 could be an Easter egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Liko View Post
    If she is, she is quite boring, but I really think it will be a curve. A corporate villain is so boring. I would really hate to see Ollie broke and out of money.
    We're only four episodes into season two, and I'm honestly surprised they showed Brother Blood already and not just continue developing Sebastian Blood a bit more. I think when they're dealing with a villain for Green Arrow(Brother Blood) and a villain for the entire Queen family(Isbael Rochev), I'd rather see some story between the two before we get to see more of their sinister side(which, again, surprises me why we got Blood in the mask already). Nineteen episodes to go and I'm sure there will be more to Rochev's story. And CK_ALL_DAY makes an interesting point. That curve you speak of could be that Rochev was the one that hired Fryers and his men on the island.

Also, a broke Oliver Queen would be the most interesting idea as in the comics, it is when a broke Oliver Queen became more than just a "Batman with a bow" and he started to view criminality even differently. And then he became the mayor.

Quote Originally Posted by maasaloo View Post
    Brother Blood's speech during the last scene leads me to believe he is the precursor to Ra's al Ghul/ League of Assassins arc. That sort of speech he gave is something along the lines of what Ra's would have given and what he preaches.
    This wouldn't be a bad idea. One can say that season one hinted at the League of Assassins in many ways(and now we know that Malcolm Merlyn was donning the LOA garb) and that could continue throughout a little while longer into the series by showing Brother Blood being a colleague of the group as well.

New In Town
    does anyone else see the irony in Sarah vs Laurel? I think what we will see at the season finale is the death of Sarah and Laurel becoming Black Canary. In the previews to next weeks episode, Sarah states 'there is only one way out of the League'. If Sarah remains Black Canary the League will never stop hunting her. If she dies, Laurel Dinah Lance is free to take the role (in her sister's honor) without the attachments.

New In Town
    I did not like how stupid Oliver Queen is portrayed....Isabel Rochev telling him now for the second time how high his trust fund is...Sorry, he should know that for himself, and how should she know?? And this Laurel and Blood telling him who is selling the guns...sorry, we did saw him an entire season making good researches on every one on the list and always ahead of the police and now he does not know anything? Found that hard to believe.
    I did think that Sara was hiding something when she nodded approval to Olivers conclusion that she came to see if her family was safe when she said that she came because of the earthquake, so curious where that leads to.
    I still haven't made up my mind about Laurel, I think the episodes might need some extra minutes to develop her character better, but with the short time they got (everything else being so dense and full packed which is wonderful!) it sort of seems ok. still need to see more to make up my mind.

I liked where Roy and Thea are heading with Sin and the island story is great! There is still a lot of potential! With that knowledge of what happens to Oliver this time and then looking back at the vigilante of the first season it gives him more edges. It is great that the first season worked without knowing that and it still works with knowing all this. (and by the way, when I first saw that scene, when Laurel tells him about his sister perhaps being alive but that it turned out that not, I had this feeling, that he knows more than he admits, and it is great to see that there is even more to this! Can't wait to see how this turns all out!)

Forum Regular
    in the next episode promo trailer (the episode is: League of Assassins) you can see at 0:15 that Sara/Black Canary might reveal to Quentin that she is alive!!!!!

League of Assassins promo trailer: http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-he...-trailer/15617

Forum Regular
    yeah i agree! but now that Sara is alive i honestly don't want her to die! Oliver and Sara have been through a lot in both becoming vigilantes/assassins and they clearly have a connection to the island and Slade and Shado.. if she dies this will be really traumatic for Oliver as they fought crime together and stuff... i don't know why i just wish either she died before she came back to Star City or didn't tell Oliver that she is alive (just wish she will stay alive) but i know she will die one way or another and then Laurel will become Canary to honour her sisters death and stuff.

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakflower View Post
    I did not like how stupid Oliver Queen is portrayed....Isabel Rochev telling him now for the second time how high his trust fund is...Sorry, he should know that for himself, and how should she know?? And this Laurel and Blood telling him who is selling the guns...sorry, we did saw him an entire season making good researches on every one on the list and always ahead of the police and now he does not know anything? Found that hard to believe.
    I had a few gripes with this episode, but when it comes to Oliver's "stupidity" I think there is a plot-related or dramaturgical explanation. In the first season, it was the List that provided the writers with the opportunity to introduce the various villains/cases that Oliver set out to take down/solve in every episode. Every episode was structured around a person on the list and throughout the season there were also hints that the List was part of a huge conspiracy that ultimately led Oliver to be stranded on Lian Yu. In season two there is no list, so the incentive for going after a specific bad guy has to be provided by other means...in "Identity" Oliver learned from Roy that someone was stealing the medical supplies from the Glades hospital, in "Crucible" he learned from Blood and Laurel that a crook named "the Mayor" is selling guns. These scenes are just an easy way to provide Oliver with information that he might not have come across otherwise. My only complaint is that sometimes the expositional dialogue feels a bit clunky, but it does save screen time, which the writers can use to develop their other story strands.
    Last edited by evaba; 11-02-2013 at 08:24 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post

This wouldn't be a bad idea. One can say that season one hinted at the League of Assassins in many ways(and now we know that Malcolm Merlyn was donning the LOA garb) and that could continue throughout a little while longer into the series by showing Brother Blood being a colleague of the group as well.
    Yeah my thought's exactly. The seeds for the League of Assassins were planted in season 1 and the thing about them is that they never really go away. So we could be getting them in another season down the line.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsaber View Post
    And something I just thought of. We have the first character other than Ollie who has appeared in both the island plot and the Starling City plot.
    Yes, I thought the same thing. He has a common person between his two realities now. Not sure that that will bring out of the city oliver, but we'll find out.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by maasaloo View Post
    A good episode not as great as last weeks mind you but they've been consistent this season.

So Laurel is an alcoholic now. can't wait for next weeks LOA episode.
    She's not an alcoholic. She was downing prescription drugs with Alcohol, that's even better. I doubt you can do that for very long without it screwing up your job. Maybe she'll lose her job and get into some shenanigans because of it?

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    The only thing I didn't like was the fact that the show is really trying to shove down our throats how Oliver doesn't kill any more. It's quite irritating.
    100% agree

Laurel has turning into the thea of season 1......

Board Master
    I can see role reversal between Dinah Laurel and Thea. In last season, Thea was the one with a personal problem and was straightened out by Dinah Laurel. Now in this season, Dinah Laurel is the one with a personal problem and Thea is now straight. I hope Thea straightens out Dinah Laurel this season.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast