0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Blah

1 2.33%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Crucible?"

What did you think?

OMG. that was just awesome. There are so many story lines coming out of that episode!

Mild Mannered Reporter CK_ALL_DAY's Avatar
    Another great episode! While some don't like when things are retconned, I was perfectly fine with how this was done. Sara's background is just one more interesting part to Oliver's island storyline. I really really liked the Arrow/Canary team up, especially when they switched fighting specialties, that was a nice touch. I can't wait to see if Sara reveals her return to Quentin and Laurel. But looks like things will get even more interesting with the League of Assassins showing up for her next week.

I loved this episode. We now know Sara is alive and back. I'm going to guess from the flashback she was looking for Ollie. We know brother blood is big bad villain number one. We still don't know who the second one will be. Could it be the league of assassins? That's who I think so and it's why I think we will see Bruce Wayne and maybe batman(it's a very long hope.) Do I think the lances will find out about Sara? Yes but not soon. But I could be wrong. . This episode set up for a lot.

Forum Whiz
    And something I just thought of. We have the first character other than Ollie who has appeared in both the island plot and the Starling City plot.

Also, foreshadows slade coming or finding out what happens to him in the present.

Board Master
    Another great episode with the team-up of Green Arrow and Black Canary. I'm glad Oliver recognized her as Sarah.

The stuff with Thea, Roy, and Sin was also interesting.

Both Isabel and Sebastian Blood have proven to be antagonists for Oliver than Green Arrow.

The only one who became unsympathetic and uninteresting was Dinah Laurel. After seeing that it was her fault that Tommy died last week, they make her become uninteresting with an alcoholic problem and she blew off both her dad and Oliver. I have a feeling Dinah Laurel may be the one to die at the end of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Liko View Post
    I loved this episode. We now know Sara is alive and back. I'm going to guess from the flashback she was looking for Ollie. We know brother blood is big bad villain number one. We still don't know who the second one will be. Could it be the league of assassins? That's who I think so and it's why I think we will see Bruce Wayne and maybe batman(it's a very long hope.) Do I think the lances will find out about Sara? Yes but not soon. But I could be wrong. . This episode set up for a lot.

It has to be Ra's and his league of assassins. I don't think they would mention Ra's just for nothing. I think at some point (perhaps in the season 2 finale) he will show up in Starling City. I think Brother Blood is paving the way for his arrival, sort of what Scarecrow did for Ra's in Batman Begins.

Banned
    A good episode not as great as last weeks mind you but they've been consistent this season.

So Laurel is an alcoholic now. can't wait for next weeks LOA episode.

Settling In
    Im interested to see how sin finds out about Ollie/arrow and how Roy finds out who canary is and her relationship to Oliver/arrow and finally Roy finding out who Oliver is. I think with this much going on between the two main Hereros and their sidekicks it has to be soon that they all get on the same level.

also did I hear right that Roy saved sin? Were they referring to that girl in the alley when canary showed up that Roy started fighting those guys?

blood turning out to be a bad guy in the end was very unexpected for me, did not see that coming.

I think Sara will reveal herself to Laurel, maybe to help her with all her current problems. But I would prefer that it not happen for a while.

I kind of laughed a little when Brother Blood showed up in the war mask. The actor used to appear in a mask when he would turn into a demon on True Blood.

Banned
    Oh by the way Barry Allen should pay a visit to that particle accelerator. I love that they keep hinting at that and dropping al these DC references.

Posting Pro

Crucible: My View

I was glad that they had the reveal early on. I had a horrible feeling that the 'tied canary' scene was going to be near the end and cut off with a cliffhanger. Instead, they confronted it head-on. Now, to my assessments:

Island Storyline: It appears that a running element between the two storylines is that of strength. The pirate leader shooting Oliver was a surprise; his requirement that Ollie treat himself and become stronger for it was an element we see in present day whenever Ollie has had to treat himself. Oliver's newfound resolve from the Season 1 finale continues to shine through in this episode, with him refusing to talk to the pirate leader. Oliver's initial meeting with the Russian (who we know from Season 1 he will save the life of, no doubt when that ship is destroyed) is played fairly well. The final moments, where Oliver looks up and sees Sara standing over him were well done. Did anyone else note a distinct lack of anything in Sara's gaze? Could she, perhaps, have been brainwashed? I'm looking forward to seeing if she just hadn't registered Ollie being the man kneeling in front of her. Also, I figure that Sara's hatred of men who push themselves on women comes from the ship, since she was roughly in the same age range at the time she was likely pulled from the ocean by the pirates.

City Storyline: Oliver's work as the Arrow continues to interfere with his work as CEO of Queen Consolidated, this time gaining no new investors to the company as he was busy dealing with well-armed thugs. The moment he was using his trick arrows, I began to think he might be the one who tied the Canary, which was later proven true (I had originally thought the League might have cropped up). "The Mayor" pops up on the Arrow's radar and together, the Canary and the Arrow take down the Mayor. The revelation of Sebastian Blood's darker nature was unsurprising as I had heard he was the main villain for the Arrow to fight, while Isabel Rochev is the nemesis of Oliver Queen, CEO. The conversation between Sara and Oliver was very interesting, and did anyone else note that she didn't mention Shado, just Slade? Something tells me that Shado did not make it out alive. Slade's confirmed survival past the events we know about should prove interesting, as I suspect he will be a bit more bitter and show more Deathstroke-like tendencies. Still crossing my fingers for him to show up in Starling City. The final moments with Sara seeming to choose to reveal herself (as implied by taking Ollie's hand) should prove interesting. I wonder how they'll spin that, her and Oliver, so that Laurel and Quentin don't have a complete hatred to Ollie.

Oliver Queen/The Arrow: Oliver's evolution on the boat in treating himself ties back to the many times he has had to do so, as evidenced by his scars as well as the episodes we've seen. Oliver continues to struggle with being CEO of the company, but has gained a friend (for now) in Sebastian Blood, who we know will be his nemesis this season in terms of the costumed baddie. Oliver's work as the Arrow continues to show his new resolve, though I was wondering why Sara didn't have any comments considering her clear knowledge of Slade Wilson's philosophy (Barton Mathis as Item A in that court case....). Oliver's small breakdown with Dig and Felicity showed a great deal more depth of pain and anguish than he normally lets show, and once again Stephen Amell has done a fantastic job.

Sara Lance/The Canary: From the moment I saw her fighting in 2x01, I had a suspicion that Sara had gone to the Island and been under Slade's tutelage as well. Now, its confirmed. Her concern for Slade (and lack of mention towards Shado) suggests that she will take Shado's place in the Island's weird little family. The way she revealed herself, by calling the Arrow "Ollie", was great in my opinion. Oliver's reaction showed that he clearly believes her to be dead. For now, I'm assuming the ship might be the reason (though if pattern holds, the writers will show me to be completely wrong, and I couldn't be happier).

Roy Harper/Red Arrow: I have my doubts he'll take the nickname Speedy. The only way I see that happening is if Thea dies, which unfortunately is likely since she's become quite marginalized this season. Otherwise, I'm guessing he'll go straight to being the Red Arrow (since he's already fashioned one, technically). Roy continues to hide the truth from Thea (and I wager that if she does die, it will be because of this), and his connection to Sin is, I think, stirring her suspicions. Also, I think Roy feels a connection to Sin because of their mutual position as helpers/apprentices to their heroes.

Quentin and Laurel Lance: Laurel.... ugh. I wish I could say I agree with the way the writers are doing this. But I can't. If they're really aiming for her to become the new Canary, I want to see less 'popping pills with wine' and more 'getting in verbal/physical fights'. Laurel is really not shaping up to be a decent replacement for Sara, so sorry, I can't side with those wanting her to be the Canary. But if the writers can pull it off, I'll be fine with it. I just don't see that happening. Quentin's talk with Oliver (and the way Sara overheard it) shows a lot more progression, and unlike everyone else, I'm guessing Quentin will be the one Sara reveals herself to first, not Laurel. Right now, Laurel would not accept Sara being back; she'd probably hate her since Sara isn't all 'drugs and booze' like she supposedly was prior to the Gambit's loss. Quentin, I think, would be grateful to have his youngest daughter back. Though I think they'll still need to have a suitable 'white lie' to give to the remaining Lances as to why Sara is alive.

Sebastian Blood: Blood continues to become an intriguing character in Oliver's life, and considering they seem to be coming close to friendship, his eventual reveal as the new villain in town will likely shock Ollie. Blood respects Oliver now for his strength, and I suspect that he will eventually suss out that Oliver is the Arrow, though hopefully not til the end. It would just be pathetic if Blood knows before the inevitable confrontation that Oliver is the Arrow but Malcolm Merlyn didn't know until he knocked Ollie unconscious. Also, did anyone else get the feeling that the drug that Blood injected "The Mayor" with was the new brand of Vertigo?

Felicity and Diggle continue to work well in the background, but with so many new characters they are getting less screen time. While some might find this irritating, I find it fine. The one thing I hated about Smallville was that for two or more seasons a supporting character (Chloe) had more screen time and plot development than the 'hero' of the show, Clark. So the move to the background, while still having important roles, is a good one for me.

That's all I can think of for the moment. Maybe I'll type up a couple more things if/when they occur to me later on. 'Night.

Sara: What happened to Slade?
    Oliver: ...I'm a change the subject.
    Me: DAMMIT!

Great episode, once again. This season has been a joy! (...or maybe everything just seems good in comparison after watching SHIELD on Tuesdays...)

i enjoyed the episode purely because of the DIALOGUE, it's improved so so so much since season 1 !!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast