No announcement yet.

Dark Archer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Archer

When that guy showed up in Black Canarys hide out, I thought at first it was Malcom.
    Did anyone else think that?

Also, does that mean that maybe Malcom was trained by the assasins?

I'm sure Malcolm was trained by the League of Assassins. He did mention Nanda Parbat in season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk777
      When that guy showed up in Black Canarys hide out, I thought at first it was Malcom.

I thought it could either be Malcom or Tommy but the Dark Archer could be a number of people because connections to the League of Assassins.

Comment

I almost thought it was Malcolm too and almost got a little excited then I was disappointed that it wasn't....

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk777

We'll soon find out that Malcolm Merlyn had a protege, so I wouldn't be surprised if he actually had several that took that "Dark Archer" guise.

Originally posted by maasaloo
          I'm sure Malcolm was trained by the League of Assassins. He did mention Nanda Parbat in season 1.

This. "Dead to Rights" all but confirmed Malcolm was trained by the League of Assassins.

Comment

I wondered how they would pull off having a "Dark Archer" after having killed both Merlyns in Season 1. Seeing the similar gear, and knowing that one of Malcolm's proteges is coming to town very soon, has answered my questions. If you think about it, they have put their own twist on Merlyn being Oliver's mentor:

1. Malcolm Merlyn 'taught' Oliver 'what he was fighting for', as Oliver said in the finale.
            2. Tommy Merlyn and Oliver's dedication to cleaning up the city while honoring his friend is teaching Oliver to move away from the murderous Hood and become The Green Arrow.

While both Merlyns are dead, their legacy lives on in Oliver and in the League of Assassins members who take on Malcolm's role to challenge the Green Arrow, likely for two reasons: first, the death of their agent(s) in Starling City, and second, his continual interference in keeping them from Sara and whatever motives they'll have. I do not think Ra's Al'ghul or the League will be the main villain of this season, but I would be very surprised if they didn't become a recurring villain archetype throughout the series, with Ra's making a trip in Season 5 as a sort of 'completion project'. I still think that Blood is the main villain Arrow-side while Rochev remains the Queen-side villain of this season. Though I personally hope to see a combination again next season of one main villain with dual identities like Oliver. Perhaps another member of the League?

Comment

Originally posted by super_j_man
              I almost thought it was Malcolm too and almost got a little excited then I was disappointed that it wasn't....
              Same here. I am sure Malcolm will return at some point though. The mention of Ra's totally made up for that minor let-down though!

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
                If you think about it, they have put their own twist on Merlyn being Oliver's mentor:

1. Malcolm Merlyn 'taught' Oliver 'what he was fighting for', as Oliver said in the finale.
                2. Tommy Merlyn and Oliver's dedication to cleaning up the city while honoring his friend is teaching Oliver to move away from the murderous Hood and become The Green Arrow.
                Very nice analysis, I hadn't looked at it that way before.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎