Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone notice the building in the trees on the island?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone notice the building in the trees on the island?

Hello,

I'm completely new to this type of thing so apologies if I sound like a numpty or if someone else has posted this elsewhere (although I couldn't find a reference to it earlier) ...

Did anyone notice, when Oliver and Slade had got to high ground on the island and were looking through their binoculars, that there was (what appeared to be) a building in the trees on a hillside? I got a quick glimpse of it just before the shot panned to the ship. It looked like it may have been a Chinese-style house or temple?

Yes I noticed it too. Not sure where they are going with the island stuff but I would guess the building has some significance. It does seem strange that no one has mentioned it or seen it before yet Ollie and Slade didn't seem to notice or comment on it themselves. I'm sure as the story moves on we will find out at some point. My best guess is a base or training ground linked to the League of Assassins.

Comment

I saw that building. I'm curious about it also. Is that thing new, or was it there all along? When they showed Oliver wake up in prison at the end, I thought he was actually in that building, but then it seemed more like he was on that ship. God knows what happened to Slade and Shado.

Comment

!

Originally posted by NightHawk777
        I saw that building. I'm curious about it also. Is that thing new, or was it there all along? When they showed Oliver wake up in prison at the end, I thought he was actually in that building, but then it seemed more like he was on that ship. God knows what happened to Slade and Shado.
        Oliver woke up in a prison cell under the ship... and yeah i didn't see Slade or Shado either!!! I wonder what happened to them...

Comment

Here is a pic of the "something" that I think you guys are discussing:

This is quite intriguing! It could be a tree or a building, but it is definitely something that stands out from the rest of the environment.
          Last edited by evaba; 10-27-2013, 03:25 AM.

Comment

In my opinion it's definetly a building. And if Slade knows the island ''like his own name'' he must know what it is. Maybe it's a teaser for later on in this season or the next season. I'm curious with this information!

Comment

I just had a crazy thought. First, that is definitely a building. One of those maybe Chinese or Japanese type of buildings. And I also have the impression Slade knows the island like the back of his hand.

This brings me to a thought that perhaps Slade knew that ship was going to be attacking, and that is why he got Oliver out of there. What I'm not sure, is if maybe Slade knew they were after Shado, and he left her there on purpose. Notice how he didn't make the slightest effort to get her to leave the plane? But he threw a thing at Oliver and was like, "Lets go come on".

Or maybe my imagination is running away with me? lol

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk777
                I just had a crazy thought. First, that is definitely a building. One of those maybe Chinese or Japanese type of buildings. And I also have the impression Slade knows the island like the back of his hand.

This brings me to a thought that perhaps Slade knew that ship was going to be attacking, and that is why he got Oliver out of there. What I'm not sure, is if maybe Slade knew they were after Shado, and he left her there on purpose. Notice how he didn't make the slightest effort to get her to leave the plane? But he threw a thing at Oliver and was like, "Lets go come on".

Or maybe my imagination is running away with me? lol

I like where you're going with that. I'm thinking Slade was a member of the league of shadows and that building is where he escaped from and that is why when he saw it through the binoculars he didn't say anything to Oliver.

Also he's referenced multiple times that Shadow was going to get him killed, almost as if he knew something was going to happen to that plane area like you said. The thing I don't get is, why is he trying to get rid of Shadow?

I'm also starting to think that Yao Fei was ex league of shadows as well.

Comment

I don't know much about the league of assassins. But I recall Slade somehow being a part of a special forces unit out of Australia. Along with Wintergreen. I believe that was his story.
                  I did play a game called batman: arkham city. There were some things in there about Batman and the daughter of the Ras al Ghul(?). So maybe that lady that was talking to Fryers last season was this daughter of the League of Assasins?

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎