Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Broken Dolls?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some more thoughts: Slade Wilson's mask, as seen in both 1x01 and 2x01, is seen apparently marking a grave or perhaps being a warning. When I first saw it in the pilot, I thought it looked a bit burned. Now, with the bombing of the plane by the pirates, I'd guess that Oliver sets up the mask as a 'memorial' to his friend. I'm guessing he believes Slade to be dead at this point, and unless they show him the next few episodes on the ship with Oliver, I'm going to guess that his 'series regular status' is because he shows up in modern day Starling City. But I think we now know why his mask looked so rough when seen.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk777
      Loved it. This episode was like an exciting roller coaster. I'm a big fan of the action sequences. This one had me hooting and hollering at the tv.
      Me too! It was an absolute cracker of an episode.

Comment

Black Canary saving Oliver was kind of predictable but it was a nice epiosde. I gave it a 9 out of 10!
        It was fun so see Oliver working with Lance :P

Comment

I have to watch Arrow on weekends now (lack of time and cable during the week) so I'm a bit late here, but all I can say, is WOW. This was by far my favorite episode yet. From the action to Lance to Laurel finally admitting it was her fault, and the mention of RA'S AL GHUL! This is my favorite episode yetl better than even Sacrifice. That's not even mentioning the sinking feeling I got when I saw what happened to Slade as a result of Oliver's actions. Holy crap, I can't wait for the next episode.

Comment

How they've written Slade's character from S1 to now is easily the best development for a (future) Arrow villain. Few villains on the show will go as in-depth and as layered with each ep as Slade's. If only some of the other higher profile foes (aka China White) could be developed that well. Slade's falling-out with Ollie could be the underrated, must-watch story arc this season.

Canary's appearance was solid, as was the fact she's non-superpowered. (She had lost her cry in a previous DC version.) I think Ra's could work well as a major Arrow villain -- he's sort of Batman's Lex Luthor in the "evil genius" sense. The League of Assassins could also be an on-going foe throughout the series, hope they (and Ra's) don't vanish after this season.

Rating:
            A respectable 8 artificial sonic screams out of 10. I was stunned that this Canary killed, but it may evolve into a good story with Ollie's recent conversion from deadly vigilante to one who won't take lives.

Comment

Oliver shoots the guy. Quentin: "I'm sorry, I guess he just gets enthusiastic sometimes." Oh god, I lost it. XD I'm loving Quentin and Oliver's interactions in this episode.
              It's interesting how Quentin and Laurel have made a complete 180 on their view of the vigilante. The transition has actually felt very organic. So, kudos, Arrow. Well done.
              Though the episode wasn't perfect, there were a lot of details I really appreciated. How Oliver stopped to check on Felicity, for one, instead of going after the Doll Maker immediately - nice touch. Speaks volumes about Oliver's transition.
              I likethat her sonic attack was a device - so far, good job keeping this grounded in the "real world". Good adaption.
              The whole court scene made me cringe - that could have be done waaay better.
              Now they're calling him the Arrow. Okay guys, doing good. You're half way there...
              Parkour scene was fun.
              Oh, snap, Ra's al Ghul, interesting!

Overall, quite enjoyed this episode. Two thumbs up!
              Last edited by Kiarasa; 10-27-2013, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
                Some more thoughts: Slade Wilson's mask, as seen in both 1x01 and 2x01, is seen apparently marking a grave or perhaps being a warning. When I first saw it in the pilot, I thought it looked a bit burned. Now, with the bombing of the plane by the pirates, I'd guess that Oliver sets up the mask as a 'memorial' to his friend. I'm guessing he believes Slade to be dead at this point, and unless they show him the next few episodes on the ship with Oliver, I'm going to guess that his 'series regular status' is because he shows up in modern day Starling City. But I think we now know why his mask looked so rough when seen.
                Why can't that simply be Wintergreens mask? After all, those guys entire camp got exploded, so the Wintergreen mask was probably charred up as well. You may be on to something, but for me I think it's just because it looks cool they show it occasionally to reinforce how deadly the island is.

Comment

It's one of my favorite episodes. It was quite unexpected turn of the events, seeing Lance asking the Arrow for help in the last resort. I always liked their interactions, even in the season one, when the rationality of Oliver's actions and the question if he is a disputable hero or rather another serial killer was an important topic. Who would expect then that his views will change so much, that he will reluctantly start to appreciate the Arrow's work and think about him as a valuable ally? They even started to talk about their motivations to fight the crime (or rather it was Lance talking and Oliver listening). It's hard to believe that at this point he didn't quess who his hiding under that hood - he was barely a step away from Oliver through most of the time. However, as he said later in "The Man Under The Hood" I think he just chooses to not know.

"I'm sorry. I guess he just gets enthusiastic sometimes." - my favorite line

Comment

Broken Dolls is probably my favorite episode of Arrow so far. This was just one of those episodes that fired on all cylinders and moved the story forward a lot.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎