Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Jun 13
    Posts
    533

    ....Really? What the hell is the point of that...

    Dean has to kick Cas out of the Bunker to be on his own? They just went through the entire episode trying to find only to kick him out? God this is a frustrating development. I mean, I guess I get it in theory. But Zeke saying he'll bolt if Cas stays really doesn't sound like Comradery to me. If the tables were turned Cas wouldn't shut out Zeke. Dean should have explained that they can take care of themselves.

  2. #2
    the answer is 42. Blue screen of death's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Location
    house
    Posts
    914
    I think zeke is worried about being "found out" that he is possessing Sam and at that point he becomes a liability. It puts Sam at risk and Dean really won't do that. Also I am certain zeke is up to something that the brothers may or may not agree with. Cause remember one of Dean's favorite sayings.... "Angels are D!cks." Zeke has to worry about not being part of "Barts gang" and them killing him if anyone finds out he's working not only against them but with the winchesters too. So i think partially its self-preservation and part "scheme". Plus how stupid would it be if "everyone" knows sam is possessed but sam for half a season? Also i think its not gonna take Cas long to put 2 and 2 together and realize that he was healed and it wasn't from the dead chick. Cas is naive but not that naive.

  3. #3
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Jun 13
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue screen of death View Post
    I think zeke is worried about being "found out" that he is possessing Sam and at that point he becomes a liability. It puts Sam at risk and Dean really won't do that. Also I am certain zeke is up to something that the brothers may or may not agree with. Cause remember one of Dean's favorite sayings.... "Angels are D!cks." Zeke has to worry about not being part of "Barts gang" and them killing him if anyone finds out he's working not only against them but with the winchesters too. So i think partially its self-preservation and part "scheme". Plus how stupid would it be if "everyone" knows sam is possessed but sam for half a season? Also i think its not gonna take Cas long to put 2 and 2 together and realize that he was healed and it wasn't from the dead chick. Cas is naive but not that naive.
    I almost half expected him to be able to sense Ezekiel. Or call Dean out on his crap about what he "did" But yes, it's only a matter of time until Cas finds out. Like you say, he's naive, but not when it comes to Angel endeavors. I also thought Dean should have told Cas what was going on with Sam. Or at least Dean, Zeke, and Cas should have had a pow-wow. Dean casting Cas out of the bunker is just so offbase for me. I wanted to throw something at the tv.

  4. #4
    Forum Regular Sotaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    100
    Yeah this was totally lame. Cas said in the first episode that he can still sense angels, and we watched him do it in this episode too on the bus, and yet he was clueless Zeke was in Sam? Just one of many annoying things about this episode. It could have been a really, really good episode too if not for the ending which made the entire episode make zero sense. And why exactly can't Dean tell Cas about Zeke?

  5. #5
    Season TWELVE!!! SuperSheltie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,398
    I am torn about this episode. I really enjoyed seeing where Misha was going to take Cas now that he is human. And I loved the scene in the church with that woman. I think that was a pretty powerful moment for Cas and I just wish the writers had taken it just a tiny bit further, which would help to counteract the WTF? moment at the end. I knew it was coming, spoilers said that Dean would tell Cas he couldn't stay. I was just surprised it was this episode. I thought we would get some Team Free Will + Kevin+Crowley-in-the-basement before Cas left. I agree. This is just poor writing IMO. And of course next week is the one-off Oz episode so obviously, not going to deal with Cas at all.

    Now, in retrospect, this isn't the first time Cas was left by the boys. They did it in the Borne Again Identity. They left Cas in the asylum for his own protection. Meg was watching out for him, but they did leave him. The reasoning was that every demon was gunning for him and they couldn't protect him. In Dean's mind, it was Plan B....the best of a bad situation.

    We do not know what transpired between Zeke telling Dean it was Cas or the highway for him and Dean telling Cas he couldn't stay. We know from spoilers that Cas does find a place to live (forgive me but I don't know where it was discussed, but love interest, convenience store, and her child is all they were saying). A lot of information has not yet been given to us. I am hoping (and praying) that Dean just doesn't kick Cas to the curb as it were and actually his Plan B was to send him to a hunter who could protect him until Dean could figure out what next to do for his "family." The hunter being the new love interest. And, we know from Jensen himself that they do go reconnect and in his words "it's pretty funny."

    Another missed opportunity (but holding out some hope that it might be addressed later...clicking my heels )....we know how Abbadon got her meat suit back. We also know that Anna was able to "pull some favors" and get her vessel back. It just seems to me that the ONE powerful being both above and below who would actually protect Cas to the death is Meg. Also being a Lucifer loyalist, Abbaddon would probably not suspect Meg to be working for the other side and might not be looking for Cas herself in her scheme to get control of Hell again.

    And then we have Crowley....Crowley should have known Zeke was in Sam, but he didn't, and that's important. Cas did not see Zeke in Sam. Sam doesn't suspect a thing (although I'm feeling that sooner or later he will figure something isn't right with him, Cas too). Both Crowley and Cas are not 100% demon or angel, but they are still what they are....Zeke does have angel warding in Sam's ribs, we know the angel warding tattoo worked as the angels couldn't find Cas. So? obviously, Zeke is not worried about being discovered, he is worried about being discovered BEFORE he can heal himself (which I believe he already has done) and bring forth whatever bad thing he is going to do. I believe Zeke is the big-bad and not the angels or Abbadon necessarily.

    Cas also said that he would be very important in the quest to restore heaven via the return of his grace. This little tidbit is also telling because Zeke would have known about Metatron and the spell through Sam's memories....if Zeke wanted to restore Heaven, he would be protecting Cas, not trying to get rid of him.

    And, I'm not sure about these reapers-for-hire. Is this trying to close a plot hole from Taxi Driver? or are they jumping the shark here? Not feeling it....

    All in all, I enjoyed this episode....but I just feel like this is a been-there-done-that arc. And Bart? He reminds me of Dick Roman and I'm getting bad deja vu....

  6. #6
    Onward Season 10! Anno_Domini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Posts
    3,923
    Quote Originally Posted by waynedeath1047 View Post
    Dean has to kick Cas out of the Bunker to be on his own? They just went through the entire episode trying to find only to kick him out? God this is a frustrating development. I mean, I guess I get it in theory. But Zeke saying he'll bolt if Cas stays really doesn't sound like Comradery to me. If the tables were turned Cas wouldn't shut out Zeke. Dean should have explained that they can take care of themselves.
    Going by a certain set pic of Jared and Curtis Armstrong, it appears that Ezekiel is worried about just any angel finding out where he's been. Some connection with Metatron could lead to why Ezekiel has been so quiet about his past and it'll only damage his plan of keeping quiet if Cas stays in the bunker and angels start to get a whiff of where he is, and then they'll notice Ezekiel as well. I didn't have a problem with it, but most likely because I saw something like this coming.

  7. #7
    Onward Season 10! Anno_Domini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Posts
    3,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotaris View Post
    Yeah this was totally lame. Cas said in the first episode that he can still sense angels, and we watched him do it in this episode too on the bus, and yet he was clueless Zeke was in Sam? Just one of many annoying things about this episode. It could have been a really, really good episode too if not for the ending which made the entire episode make zero sense. And why exactly can't Dean tell Cas about Zeke?
    He couldn't sense Hael was in that girl's body until she told him.

  8. #8
    Board Master SVFancross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 09
    Posts
    2,437
    I think we will either see what Dean said to Cas in a flashback or we'll get exposition. I think leaving it on Cas' smashed puppy face was too tempting ...so they did.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •