No announcement yet.

Was Rumple really that bad to Bae?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteelyGal
    I blame August for Neal not knowing his son. August convinced Neal to leave Emma because it was for the greater good and it was the only way she could fulfill her destiny. I believe if Neal had known Emma was pregnant, he would have never left.

What Rumple did was make his son miserable, hated, isolated, and abandoned. I understand making sacrifices for your child but you do it to make their lives better not worse. I'm not sure how much being the Dark One alters your existing personality or just enhances what is already there and that is one of the reasons why Bae has trouble trusting him. It is one thing to trust Rumple but can you really trust the Dark One?

But under no circumstances is Neal to blame for the type of person Rumple has become. Rumple was the adult and he made those decisions as the adult It was Rumple who killed Zoso in fit of rage turning him into the Dark One. If he truly wanted what was best for Bae, he should have gone into that portal with him. But his nasty habit of self preservation won out over from doing the right thing.

Rumple did not trust Bae to go to a world without magic. Rumple did not trust Bae would leave Pan and return home with him on his own free will so he just took him.

I don't have anything against Rumple. I just see his actions differently than others. I do believe he was a loving father before becoming the Dark One but he wasn't one after and Bae feels the same way. He does have good inside him but I don't know if it is strong enough to overcome the darkness in him until he stops being the Dark One.
    Leave August out of this!!! Neal made his decision, August told what he felt was the right thing to do, it was ultimately Neal' s decision though. While I sympathize with Neal having his dad constantly choose magic over his son, August is not to blame here. No one can really be blamed for abandoning Henry other then Emma, because she was the only one who did it knowingly.

Comment

I blame August for Neal not knowing his son. August convinced Neal to leave Emma because it was for the greater good and it was the only way she could fulfill her destiny. I believe if Neal had known Emma was pregnant, he would have never left.

So you just naturally leave your loved one because some guys tells you that is the right thing to do?

What Rumple did was make his son miserable, hated, isolated, and abandoned. I understand making sacrifices for your child but you do it to make their lives better not worse. I'm not sure how much being the Dark One alters your existing personality or just enhances what is already there and that is one of the reasons why Bae has trouble trusting him. It is one thing to trust Rumple but can you really trust the Dark One?

But under no circumstances is Neal to blame for the type of person Rumple has become. Rumple was the adult and he made those decisions as the adult It was Rumple who killed Zoso in fit of rage turning him into the Dark One. If he truly wanted what was best for Bae, he should have gone into that portal with him. But his nasty habit of self preservation won out over from doing the right thing.

Rumple did not trust Bae to go to a world without magic. Rumple did not trust Bae would leave Pan and return home with him on his own free will so he just took him.

I don't have anything against Rumple. I just see his actions differently than others. I do believe he was a loving father before becoming the Dark One but he wasn't one after and Bae feels the same way. He does have good inside him but I don't know if it is strong enough to overcome the darkness in him until he stops being the Dark One.
      How did he make him miserable? He should be happy that he wasn't in any ogre war where he could have been killed. How was he abanonded? More than he was afraid of going to a weird portal going somewhere they had no clue? Bae had no clue what kind of attachment the dark powers had on his father, that's the thing. It's hard to give up something that powerful. Magic alternated his brains, it messed him up I'm sure.
      Seriously what kind of person would just go into a portal like that going nowhere? Wouldn't one be a bit afraid? I understand why Rumple was afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
        But he didn't kill Bae. That's what matters. But Bae doesn't care how much Rumple really does care for him at all and that's what bothers me. To me it feels like the writers are just looking for unnecessary drama.
        Bae cares about who Rumple has killed though. Those poor souls had families and loved ones. That is what matters to Bae.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
          Bae cares about who Rumple has killed though. Those poor souls had families and loved ones. That is what matters to Bae.
          Which people did he even kill? It's not like he went around killing a village or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
            How did he make him miserable? He should be happy that he wasn't in any ogre war where he could have been killed. How was he abanonded? More than he was afraid of going to a weird portal going somewhere they had no clue? Bae had no clue what kind of attachment the dark powers had on his father, that's the thing. It's hard to give up something that powerful. Magic alternated his brains, it messed him up I'm sure.
            Seriously what kind of person would just go into a portal like that going nowhere? Wouldn't one be a bit afraid? I understand why Rumple was afraid.
            Bae knew whatever world he would go to it be a world were his father would to cease to use magic and not go around killing people. Bae saw it as a chance to start over and happy. Something he was not with Rumple because Rumple made his life a living hell by using magic to do terrible things.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
              Which people did he even kill? It's not like he went around killing a village or anything.
              That we know of? He turned the guy who accidentally ran into Bae into a snail and stomped on him. He killed the maid who worked for him. He also killed Gaston though that was after Bae left.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
                That we know of? He turned the guy who accidentally ran into Bae into a snail and stomped on him. He killed the maid who worked for him. He also killed Gaston though that was after Bae left.
                Yes. But the real Rumplestilskin never would have done that. It's because of his magic that he did all of those stuff. It messed with his brain. I'm convinced that it did. It was dark magic after all.

Comment

I dont think it was ever about not being good to bae. I think the way he went about it was wrong. Bae never cared if they were rich and powerful and if his dad was brave or a coward. I think Bae just hated the fact that Rumple didnt think he was good enough and needed to do horrible things in order to show his son love. I think Bae is more mad that Rumple was bad to other people and after having all these chances to do the right things he always chose to make things harder then they needed to be. Like with Peter. All he had to do was ask Bae what he wanted to do and accept it and Peter would be cool with it but Rumple didnt give Bae a choice and forced him to leave Peter even when he would have left Peter anyway.

About his magic Im not sure it causes him to be bad i think with him being a coward all those years he finally had something he could use to stand up for himself without feeling like he wont survive it. Think the bad stuff he did was because he could and not cause the magic was making him doing it. Like the previous Dark One he wasnt really bad he just was able to do bad things and it ate away at him and he didnt like how it was making him feel so he allowed Rumple to kill him. Rumple is still a coward and is afriad of his own "shadow" and still wont give it up and would rather die then go back to the way he used to be. Maybe his undoing will to realize he doesnt need magic anymore and gives it up either with Henry killing him or maybe Rumples power is what Peter wants and hes using Henry as a way to get it out of him.

Comment

too much drama for me. leave the past already.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                      Bae pretty much said he was miserable.

Originally posted by Anu
                      Yes. But the real Rumplestilskin never would have done that. It's because of his magic that he did all of those stuff. It messed with his brain. I'm convinced that it did. It was dark magic after all.
                      If magic messed up Rumpel's brain, how can Bae trust him with Henry's life? That is why I think Bae's actions were understandable. He has seen too much and knows how far his dad is willing to go to get what he wants. As long as Rumple is the Dark One, can you ever really trust him?

Comment

Bae pretty much said he was miserable.

If magic messed up Rumpel's brain, how can Bae trust him with Henry's life? That is why I think Bae's actions were understandable. He has seen too much and knows how far his dad is willing to go to get what he wants. As long as Rumple is the Dark One, can you ever really trust him?
                        So what is he going to do? Find a way to kill him? I guess that's why he asked for the dagger. Was he really going to just leave his faher in that land where Pan can kill him? How is he better then?

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                          I dont think it was ever about not being good to bae. I think the way he went about it was wrong. Bae never cared if they were rich and powerful and if his dad was brave or a coward. I think Bae just hated the fact that Rumple didnt think he was good enough and needed to do horrible things in order to show his son love. I think Bae is more mad that Rumple was bad to other people and after having all these chances to do the right things he always chose to make things harder then they needed to be. Like with Peter. All he had to do was ask Bae what he wanted to do and accept it and Peter would be cool with it but Rumple didnt give Bae a choice and forced him to leave Peter even when he would have left Peter anyway.

About his magic Im not sure it causes him to be bad i think with him being a coward all those years he finally had something he could use to stand up for himself without feeling like he wont survive it. Think the bad stuff he did was because he could and not cause the magic was making him doing it. Like the previous Dark One he wasnt really bad he just was able to do bad things and it ate away at him and he didnt like how it was making him feel so he allowed Rumple to kill him. Rumple is still a coward and is afriad of his own "shadow" and still wont give it up and would rather die then go back to the way he used to be. Maybe his undoing will to realize he doesnt need magic anymore and gives it up either with Henry killing him or maybe Rumples power is what Peter wants and hes using Henry as a way to get it out of him.
                          Good points. I still waffle on how being the Dark One really effects Rumple and his actions. But, since being the Dark One, he has primarily used his powers for nefarious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                            So what is he going to do? Find a way to kill him? I guess that's why he asked for the dagger. Was he really going to just leave his faher in that land where Pan can kill him? How is he better then?
                            Bae didn't want the dagger to kill Rumple. It was a quid pro quo. He was saying to Rumple that if you want me to trust you with my son's life, then trust me to hold onto your dagger.

Comment

Bae didn't want the dagger to kill Rumple. It was a quid pro quo. He was saying to Rumple that if you want me to trust you with my son's life, then trust me to hold onto your dagger.
                              So he was still willing to leave his father in a world where Pan could kill him? Why is Neal better?

Comment

I don't trust Neal that he wouldn't go around trying to kill Rumple with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎