Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Katie Cassidy look different?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

She looks better now and like I already said, I give her props for seemingly going method with Laurel's arc but besides that, she almost definitely got a chin implant.

Originally posted by maasaloo
    How the heck has this thread lasted 5 pages? Some of you have too much time on your hands.
    Umm... Because it was a very jarring change? Also only three pages if you have your board settings set to the max per page. And pot, kettle, black.

It is curious about all these one post wonders and how many are alts.

EDIT: I think I must not have bothered replying to this so as to bump it up but I'm going to add this edit now anyway, the speculation was due to the shocking weight loss and change from her getting in better shape and a loss of body fat is probably all it was.
    Last edited by PHOENIXZERO; 07-28-2016, 04:28 AM. Reason: Thought I did this years ago.

Comment

Maybe THIS recent photo will put the rumours to rest, since none of the other ones I posted seems to have done the job??

http://k-cassidy.org/gallery/display...862&pid=90338# top_display_media

Or maybe this one?

Katie has always had a pretty prominent chin, but maybe it wasn't as visible in season one, when she was a bit chubbier and rounder in the face than usual.

Anyway, I'm not going to post anything more in this thread, because I really feel that it's pretty superfluous.
      Last edited by evaba; 03-16-2014, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PHOENIXZERO
        She looks better now and like I already said, I give her props for seemingly going method with Laurel's arc but besides that, she almost definitely got a chin implant.

Umm... Because it was a very jarring change? Also only three pages if you have your board settings set to the max per page. And pot, kettle, black.

It is curious about all these one post wonders and how many are alts.
        well I'm not here criticising someone's looks and someone who looks as good as Katie Cassidy.

Comment

Why this thread is still active? Criticizing Katie's looks is just ridiculous. A poor reason to support a hate that this character and the actress doesn't deserve.

Comment

Katie Cassidy and Kate Mansi

I don't want to perpetuate this thread either, but since it's still alive, I thought I'd put a positive spin on the matter. Here is a very recent pic, with Katie looking as gorgeous as ever:

1,133 likes, 12 comments - katemansi on August 10, 2015: "Appropriately ending my last night in Vancouver with my childhood friend @katiecassidy. CHEERS XO"

Comment

I've of been a fan of Arrow since day one. I've been a fan of the work Katie's done with her character Laurel on the the show as well. Upon the release of season 2 this past fall I was shocked at the drastic change in appearance of Laurel on the show. And there was no question it was do to, to much weight loss. I mean she looked guant. I noticed this thread and many others around the interwebs drawing notice of ot as well. Now I've been probably one of the hardest on her this season, but coming back after hiatus these last to episodes, "Suicide Squad" & "Birds of Prey", I'm happy but also relieved that Katie looks her old self. Like from season 1. Cause I thought she was a knock out but after this season 2 look I was worried. Anyways Katie or Katie's people of your reading this, glad shes back to her pretty apearence. Eating and having some meat on your bones is a good things...... Now maybe just maybe she's a method actress and lost all that weight to go with her role. If that's it..Bravo!

Comment

Umm...She is now older by a 1+ years. Everybody changes. Time can be our friend or enemy...in my case, enemy...hehe. I received an iron for Christmas and was told it was to smooth out the wrinkles on my face. And make-up artists can drastically change one's looks, depending on what the script calls for.

Comment

You have to remember,, in the show she is going through a battle with prescription drugs and alcholism, which she wasnt facing in season 1. The actress may have lost weight on purpose to fit with the role. Laurel Lance is an amazing character! She is very strong. Try putting yourself in her shoes; her ex-boyfriend died and sister died, her mom leaves her, her dad becomes an alcoholic (all while trying not be angry that her boyfriend cheated on her with her own sister and coping with their deaths all together) her ex-boyfriend came back to life, she's been kidnapped on a few occasions and nearly killed a few times too, her new boyfriend dies, she thinks it's her fault, she becomes an alcoholic, she loses her job, her sister comes back to life and starts sleeping with her ex-boyfriend (again)....

CUT HER SOME SLACK

Laurel's story is one of the most unappreciated story in the show! She has gone through trials just as Oliver and Sara.

Comment

She Looked Better Season 1

Originally posted by sergitm12
                    Does anybody else think that Katie Cassidy looks different on season 2 than she did on season 1? I cant help but notice it.

I post some photos to help make the comparison:

Maybe she has lost some weight. What do you think?
                    She looks unhealthy. I hate seeing emaciated actresses. She just looks frail and unhealthy. She looked toned and healthy before but now she just looks like crap! It's sad that she fell prey to that lifestyle and lacks the conviction to stay healthy instead of aiming for a size negative 2. I never understood why actresses take this unhealthy step when they became noticeable and loved with the size THEY WERE. SAD!

Comment

Recent Katie Cassidy photos

Originally posted by sven8sven
                      She looks unhealthy. I hate seeing emaciated actresses. She just looks frail and unhealthy. She looked toned and healthy before but now she just looks like crap! It's sad that she fell prey to that lifestyle and lacks the conviction to stay healthy instead of aiming for a size negative 2. I never understood why actresses take this unhealthy step when they became noticeable and loved with the size THEY WERE. SAD!
                      First of all, the photos in this post are old, in fact they are from the early episodes of season two, which were filmed in July-September. I am quite amazed that you base your allegations on these photos, when this thread contains many recent photos and videos where Katie looks just like her old self! Sometimes it's a good idea to peruse a thread before replying.....Anyway, most fans agree that Katie's "emaciated" look was NOT due to an unhealthy life style, but rather a somewhat drastic example of "method acting". Laurel was in her downward spiral, drinking and popping pills, and Katie wanted her look to match Laurel's situation, so she lost weight deliberately.

I will submit some even newer pics (just click on the links and you'll see them). I think you will agree with me and the rest of the forum that Katie does not look at all frail and unhealthy right now, but healthy, toned and gorgeous. This one is from the CW Upfronts in May 2014:

Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_n5vdiyELRL1tc9954o1_500.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	6628420

This one shows pics from the three latest CW Upfronts (2012, 2013, 2014). I honestly don't see any difference in Katie's appearance in these pics, which IMHO refutes your claims (and they also refute the allegations that Katie has done something with her chin, since its shape hasn't changed one bit between 2012 and 2014):

On this web site there are loads of recent pics of Katie Cassidy, from May 2014:

Last edited by evaba; 05-21-2014, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sven8sven
                        Those pictures are extremely old now and she has went back to pretty much how she previously was. On top of that, during the period between season 1 and season 2 she was in a fill in which she had to portray someone with a disorder (can't remember which) and she as required to slim down for the role hence why she looked much skinner during the start of season 2.
                        If you paid attention to any of the most recent interviews with her, you'd know that she's currently worked on getting fitter and toner for next season of arrow as to help her preparation for her character to become BC. She does was it required of the role that she is cast in, and to hate on her for that is just ****ing stupid.

Comment

In a recent interview about what's to come for season three, Katie mentioned she's amping up her workout. She's doing this solely for her craft and she was aiming to lose weight and look unhealthy because of Laurel's drug/alcohol addiction. You cannot deny that she didn't look much more healthier in the latter of season two. In fact, she looked like her older self during the last three episodes of S2.
                          Last edited by Anno_Domini; 05-21-2014, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎