No announcement yet.

What Laurel Did: Your Reaction?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Laurel Did: Your Reaction?

What did you all think of what Laurel did at episode's end? How do you think Oliver will get out of it? Was she right?

Not a fan of it to be honest. Especially the stunt Laurel pulled in the end. I would have understood if she did last season after she found it he was a murderer. But to do it because he couldn't save Tommy? Nah. Don't know if the writers want to go there, but it feels like she wants to dump the guilt she feels about Tommy somewhere else. In my opinion, Oliver made the right choices in Sacrifice.

As for the standoff, I suspect Oliver will use one of the theatricality and deception tricks he picked up lately. Or we might see Canary intervene and create a distraction.
    Last edited by costas22; 10-17-2013, 04:35 AM.

Comment

I mean I just don't get it. Is her whole anger towards the Hood because he couldn't save Tommy? Because he was off trying to stop a madman from leveling the Glades? I appreciate the writers for giving Laurel something to do besides be a piece of love triangle and try to make her character more interesting but now Laurel gets on my nerves more than ever. THe standoff at the end makes for an interesting cliffhanger though.

Comment

I'm guessing Canary.

My more long-term question about what Laurel did is how we're going to get from this to her becoming Black Canary (if she does). I think it's going to take a massive betrayal to get her even back to where she was in Season 1.

Comment

Arrow didn't go in there alone... could his potential new sidekick be responsible for saving his hide?

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
            Not a fan of it to be honest. Especially the stunt Laurel pulled in the end. I would have understood if she did last season after she found it he was a murderer. But to do it because he couldn't save Tommy? Nah. Don't know if the writers want to go there, but it feels like she wants to dump the guilt she feels about Tommy somewhere else. In my opinion, Oliver made the right choices in Sacrifice.

As for the standoff, I suspect Oliver will use one of the theatricality and deception tricks he picked up lately. Or we might see Canary intervene and create a distraction.
            You hit it on the nail.

Comment

The Canary rescues him.

Comment

This is just another layer to Laurel and her journey to become Canary. Not sure how Oliver will get out of this predicament but I think Laurel will get kidnapped before things progress further. I think Canary will come to Oliver's and Laurel's rescue in the next episode. Personally I lkie where her storyline is going she feels guilty so she lashes out and when Oliver first came back she lashed out at him because of what happened with Sarah. Once Canary comes in it will probably make her see another view to the Hood but her anger will still be there. Laurel cannot not see what she saw when she went into CNRI building as it was collapsing.

Comment

Don't like the anger and blame she has for the Hood

Originally posted by maasaloo
                  The Canary rescues him.
                  Laurel portrays the typical people in today's society. Used them when they serve a purpose and just when the crap hits the fan she plays the blame game..... She should just accept the fact that she is a loose woman who was caught up in a love triangle of deciding which billionaire to pick - Oliver or Tommy.

Did it ever dawn on her that perhaps the Hood was there at CNRI to check on her and make certain she was safe? She displayed some awesome investigation skills.. Did she find evidence that there was arrow shots exchanged between the Hood and the Dark Archer (Malcolm) at the CNRI location? And what kind of lawyer is she? Did she buy her degree and license from the state bar out of some shady's guys trunk or van in a dark alley in the Glades? Malcolm Merlyn's cold dead corpse was probably found on the roof of his corporate tower along with the 3 corpse of the swat team he killed with a saber which laid near him on the roof after his fight with the Hood.

I think the blonde who rescued Roy Harper at the end of City of Heroes will rescue Oliver but as others said there could be a slew of others who can help - Felicity can trigger the sprinkler system and something to distract the swat team, Roy can do something, Diggles could be around as well but to market the validity and tease us the viewers that Starling City will get other heroes, it makes perfect sense for the blonde heroine, Black Canary, with the escrima sticks rescue the Hood.

Comment

I'm really disappointed with the writers' choice here ...this has tainted my view of the Laurel character more than anything in season 1 (I actually liked her then) ...it capped-off what dislike was already building with each scene of the smug & smarmy D.A. (Laurel's boss)

...I don't think there's any redemption for this act (unless, tho unlikely, somehow her hand was forced) ...I might have felt some sympathy for what she did if we saw her struggle with the decision ...or it was split-second, emotion-fulled act ...but this was calculated & premeditated ...and I find my self reduced to saying "she's so stupid" and "Ollie's stupid for trusting her" ...How could she flip-flop her opinion of The Hood that drastically just from Tommy's death?! ...Can someone capable of such hysterical thinking really ever become Black-Canary?!

...at first, I'd just-as-soon have her character written off the show for this betrayal and replaced with the newly introduced version of Black-Canary ...but then, I think I'll at-least give them until Flash shows up to see if they can come up with something I can't imagine that will sway me back to being pro-Laurel
                    Last edited by smick; 10-17-2013, 07:05 PM.

Comment

I'm really disappointed in the writer's choices for Laurel myself. It feels like they're trying to make her an unsympathetic character this year and considering that Black Canary/Dinah Laurel Lance is my all time favorite superhero, this just sucks. I would rather they not have her on the show at all than have her on the show just to turn her into a Lana-like character.

It's unfortunate because I think that there are a lot of other routes they could have taken her both this season and last that would have been better but this season it feels like they're actively trying to throw her character under the bus to prop up Olicity.

I've never been a fan of people getting angry with superheroes (or vigilantes) because they didn't manage to save someone. Even Superman can't be everywhere. And I believe they're trying to show that Laurel is feeling survivor's guilt and directing her anger and blame somewhere else because of it, but they really need to show more of that if that's the angle they're going for.

Comment

her vendetta, while understandable, is completely shortsighted and stupid (Tommy didn't die because of the crossfire between the Hood/Dark Archer!)...but it's definitely understandable how the show's writers are seeking to portray her this season as something like an anti-hero and take her down this dark road.

Comment

Laurel believes much like her father did last season that she's doing the right thing and she has the law on her side - you can't fault her for that - she's not doing anything wrong in a legal sense though it could be argued that she is not understanding the situation in Starling City as of yet - I think she'll change her mind in the next episode and realize it's much worse than she thinks - she just needs to remove her blinders. I think she is partly right - she's right about the Hood caring more about a fight with Malcolm than with saving Tommy (though I don't know why she didn't care about her life being saved as much as Tommy's) Oliver didn't know that Tommy was going to be there. He was trying to get there to save Laurel. But I don't know where she got the idea that Tommy was killed in a crossfire between two archers. Could she be in denial or would the media have something to do with it. We've seen how the media is playing down the vigilante having any involvement in stopping a major crime so they maybe giving people wrong information. I think Laurel is being like most people in Starling City - they all think of him as the enemy not a hero (not Green Arrow - yeah they messed with our heads in that first episode - He's still called the Hood and Roy is Hood, Jr. ha ha). Now how will get out of that trap. It won't be what most of us expect like Black Canary or Roy saving him - that's a comic book cliche. It'll be something unique to Arrow, something totally unexpected.
                          Last edited by brbo70; 10-17-2013, 11:24 PM.

Comment

If I was Oliver, I would say - Anyone makes a move and I put an arrow through her head.
                            Then, they should believe that he is a killer, and freeze up. That would allow him to do his smoke bomb trick and slip out of the window.

Comment

Her reasons are warped and what happened here has given us no reason to like her. I can't see how she will become Black Canary convincingly. I can see Sarah taking up Dinah Laurel's name instead of Dinah Laurel taking up the Black Canary mantle.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎