Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Eye Spy?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Ward and Skye have serious potential as a team, and this episode furthered that opinion. I totally agree with President_Luthor - if Fitz and Simmons are going to continue to get this much screen time, there needs to be more character development there.

I am a little concerned that the "what happened to Coulson" bit is being misplayed. People say that Coulson is different - how? Is he smarter, dumber, quieter, louder, taller, shorter, has his eye color changed? A little more info in coming episodes, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy1991
      I really want to like the show, but the character are just so one dimensional....and bland

I understand they want to make them feel like a team, where their skill complement each other. But it just feels like they are too one dimensional, they have some witty punchline, then mention they can do some cool stuff, finish and mission complete. There is no character, there wasn't much climax, and the characters are just some group of people on a weekly mission.

And really, the story is moving at a snail pace. I just watched the first episode of Arrow, it seem to achieve more in one episode than the last 4 episodes of Shield.

And whats with all these hack stuff, they use it like some miracle drug. Like seriously, do some research?
      Tony Stark: It's not the '80s, nobody says "hack" anymore.

This feels like a typical action drama with limited comic book background story. Give me some comic book science fiction.

6/10 at best
      I completely agree with you. I really, really want to like this show, but the characters just aren't resonating with me. Maybe it's because we've only had four episodes to explore a whole cast of characters, but I feel that's more of an excuse.

I've been watching Arrow since it aired, and though I have some qualms with the actors, their characters are very well developed. And, as you said, it just feels like more happens in one episode of Arrow than one episode of SHIELD. (I'm sorry - I usually hate people who compare TV shows. But since I watch them 1 day apart and they are both superhero shows, I can't help but compare.)

Comment

I think the characters are slowly coming along. I felt we got a lot of character building in the second episode. But it IS only 4 episodes in and when you have a big cast, it takes a while to develop them. I think the chemistry is getting there. it will only get better I promise. Check out my thoughts on this episode as "A+ Opinions" brings another review for this past weeks episode.

Comment

I had to make a big effort to watch the episode until the end, as I was already bored after the first quarter or so. The alien formula on the wall looks promising though.

I also agree with other posters that more comics tie-ins would be nice. Episode 4 looked more like an episode from Mission Impossible or some similar show than a Marvel comics series, except for the possible alien connection at the end.
          Last edited by Mbruno; 10-18-2013, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Can they please kill FitzSimmons? They are totally pointless and annoying. Other than that I liked the episode.

Comment

Was wondering if Doom was responsible for those unusual tech they stumbled onto but he falls under FF territory so probably not.

The Thinker maybe?

The tech Ward retrieved in the pilot, could that group have anything to do with this?

Were they supposed to be Rising Tide?

I wonder if they record whatever [SPOILER] she sees including when Coulson captured her since she obviously scanned him and saw something... that might mean they're going to be trying to kidnap him to find out more...[/SPOILER]

Comment

This episode was...okay.

The men in red masks gave me semi-V for Vendetta flashbacks (or a flashmob?).

Coulson's "People are surveilling themselves" line made me chuckle. How true.

Phil had a protege? Huh.

Ramming the van.

"You're a robot. Can you do that?" That made me laugh.

Cybernetic eyes, eh? Shades of Misty Knight (in her case arm, but still).

Of course May went after the girl. Awesome fight scene with Ming-Na.

I refuse to believe that SHIELD does not include seduction training for it's agents. And in this day and age you would have to know how to seduce same sex targets as well as opposite sex, wouldn't you? So while funny that scene didn't really ring true for me.

Who else thinks the big shadow organization behind all this isn't the Rising Tide? (My bet--Hydra. Or AIM maybe? But I'm thinking Hydra.)

"What did they do to him?" Did she see something with her eye or did she mean Coulson was acting different?

So yeah, an okay episode. I did rather like Fitz (the fella scientist) this time around. His squeamishness was funny with the eye thing.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                  Some parts of the episode were cool, but, uhh... I kinda started falling asleep. That's not good.
                  That is how I feel watching The Blacklist, however Agents of SHIELD has never had a dull moment for me and I am super excited about the new episode tonight.

Comment

Sweden! The arch nemesis of Finland!

Anyways...Loved the beginning of the episode. This show should go totally Doctor Who on the weirdness/creepiness scale. It's when the show is most interesting.

The rest of the episode was a really slow burn.

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                    Nothing too special about it, but nothing too bad either.

Things I liked:
                    1: Clark Kent Ward - I'm starting to warm up to him a little teeny tiny bit
                    2: "Seduce him"
                    3: The mystery of Coulson's change still developing
                    4: The grossness of the eye thing
                    5: The second eye-guy
                    6: Skye sitting in her van was a subtle, but nice character touch
                    7: I actually liked the guest star
                    8: The hand chopping thing in the beginning was cool, even if it didn't amount to much in the end

Things I didn't like:
                    1: They totally telegraphed the attack on the van, and I hated the pee and snacks dialogue
                    2: Skye calling Coulson and May "mommy and daddy", as if I need to be reminded how much I'm being asked to forget that this cast is so painfully young
                    3: Still trying to figure out why Fitz and Simmons needed to be two different characters
                    4: Some of the Skye and Ward stuff felt more forced this go around
                    5: The locations and hacking and everything felt very "tv show"... It didn't feel genuine. It felt written.
                    6: It's amazing to me how little happens in this 1 hour long show. I feel like a lot of shows do more in 30 minutes.
                    ^ This.

And also Skye dropping the clip and saying "Bang" just before the van hit theirs.

Comment

I'd like to see her come back since Coulson's team needs all the help and even having her turn up with the eye patch would certainly improve things even if only to have someone to protect the techs since they do need a designated bodyguard and someone who knows how to drive, shoot a gun and genre savvy to know its time to get the heck out of here!

Seriously I'd even have a scene where she repels an assault and simply admits afterwards asking herself what she would do in this situation on the opposing side!

Comment

'Eye Spy' is a good episode. The bad guys capture a former SHIELD agent and make her their slave. The agents not only have to stop her, but free her from their control as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎