No announcement yet.

Defining Silas

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defining Silas

Silas is kind of like the vampires, but not quite. I think it's good to make a list so we can keep track.

- He has super-strength and super-speed, I'm not sure how they compare to those of vampires, but he loses those abilities against hunters, except when he was a corpse and needed to drink Jeremy's blood;
    - When Damon tied him up, he didn't break the chains, maybe he couldn't?
    - He likes to slit people's wrists and drink their blood from a cup, which implies to me he doesn't have vampire teeth;
    - I don't know if he can turn others into his breed of vampires;
    - He has enhanced telepathy, he can read minds, and even erase people's memories, compel them, and control what they see;
    - I don't know how he reacts to Vervain;
    - He doesn't have a problem with wooden stakes;

Good question

I agree he has the best of the vampire abilities but none of the bad ones (heightened traits such as klaus's temper temper becoming worse, rebbeka being an emotional wreck etc) nor does he have a switch

but he is not a vampire as he made clear, he is like half at most, there is no terms for what he is, what we do know is that he was one of the first witches, the old witches used expression magic before it was blocked as it was too dangerous to control unless it is done by someone with great will/mental power

he has lost most of his witch abilities, he sacrificed his witch direct powers for brute vampire like strength but kept his mental witch powers it seems, this also makes sense for the originals and other vampires who tend to posses a very small fraction of witch powers like mind control

It is interesting how a hunter is immune to him, the only ones who can take him down it seems is an expression witch or a hunter

Comment

When was it established that Silas loses his abilities against hunters? I must've missed it?

Comment

Originally posted by me
        When was it established that Silas loses his abilities against hunters? I must've missed it?
        Nevermind, I just seen the latest episode.

Comment

this is precisely the same question i've been asking myself for a while......do you remember how back in Season 4, Professor Shane (actually, not too sure, was either him or Bonnie or another character) was like "you can be a vampire or a witch, but not both" ? perhaps it's playing around with that idea, he's this all-powerful being but not like all-powerful in the traditional sense (immune to virtually everything)

but i agree with OP, some good traits of vampires minus the bad ones (after all, he is the first immortal being in that universe but not the first vampire....that title would belong to the Originals)

Comment

The funny thing about Silas is his mental powers is the strongest attribute he has. His strength is super against normal humans, but Jeremy and Damon out muscled him in the past. Which is funny because Silas owned Klaus (and Klaus is way stronger than Jeremy and Damon), though I'm sure if Klaus got around Silas's mental game, he would've destroyed him, lol

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎