Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Considering the fact that Cas' grace is not his own, that might explain the different coat. Or what would be even funnier is if it was mentioned that he got the same style of coat at a thrift store. Misha joked at one con that fans dressing up as Cas had it cheap because they could go into any Value Village and get his outfit for $30 bucks. LOL

The whole thing about Castiel stealing another's grace is a bit off. I always thought each angel's grace was special for that specific angel...

does Cas now possess the same thoughts of Theo or what?

That's kind of my thought too....Theo was a "Barbarian" (according to Cas) but he also was begging Cas to let him go home to Heaven...and if that meant serving Metatron, so be it. I got a lot of desperation too from Theo. I am kind of sure that Theo's grace might influence Cas. But Cas already was duped by Metatron, do we need yet another angel's grace to do the same?

Jim Micheals called into the Winchester Radio interview with Osric Chau. I think Kevin may in fact be dead dead because they've been planning on killing him multiple times.

I'm very sad now and have to process. I don't think it's a punk.

In other news, you can see Crowley still has the demon collar thingy on AFTER being removed from the bunker so Dean and Cas are not complete fools. It may be a "free Sam THEN free" deal.

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
    The whole thing about Castiel stealing another's grace is a bit off. I always thought each angel's grace was special for that specific angel...
    It does seem a bit strange, doesn't it?

I keep thinking about Anna, who lost her grace when she 'fell'. So she could have ganked an angel and gotten 'grace' back?

Well in defense of how it was played in Castiel's case, he did mentioned how he became a barbarian. Perhaps that's not what Anna even thought about doing in stealing another angel's grace? I think, however, Theo will play some kind of role in Castiel's decision making from here on out.

I'm sure this won't come without consequences.

I'm sure this won't come without consequences.
    I think that's a fair guess.

Another point from the Osric interview is that he doesn't appear to know what happens in Road Trip. But we also heard from Jensen that he starts of 9.10 in a very emotional scene that was tough to immediately get to and also one he had a hard time shaking off. So... if Kevin is dead dead (**sob**) then maybe he's begging Cas to bring him back (and he can't) or he's burying Kevin. I kinda hope the later (ala Harry/Dobby in HP 7). If we get a burial scene I hope it's in the MOL cemetary vice a hunter's funeral.

Cas would still be trying to get to Dean. He's a fallen angel now too like the rest of them. He cannot teleport, which is why he called Dean on the phone. Perhaps he goes to Crowley for help with Kevin? OR Kevin being a prophet disappears like Chuck did? I don't believe that Dean would have given him a hunter's funeral, as he might think there indeed was a way to bring him back, hence a burial scene. That would have been a very powerful scene for Jensen to pull off. Kevin was more to Dean than just the AP mathlete who could translate tablets. He was family, as was said earlier in the season, but Kevin being as young as he was, I think Dean felt more like a father protector of Kevin. And Dean does NOT do guilt well. Not only does he have to bury Kevin, but Sammy is gone not only in body but in mind according to Gadriel, angels have fallen, Hell is still wide open, Metatron is on the loose as is Abbadon, and Dean is alone. This is ALL on Dean. Every decision he has made since the beginning of the series would be wrapped up in this one scene IMO.

Too long to wait!!!

New In Town
    Well in defense of how it was played in Castiel's case, he did mentioned how he became a barbarian. Perhaps that's not what Anna even thought about doing in stealing another angel's grace? I think, however, Theo will play some kind of role in Castiel's decision making from here on out.
    I don't think Theo will have a role in Cas's decision making ... when Metatron took Cas's grace he was just locked in his vessel as a human so Theo was locked in his vessel, and then killed so Theo's done for I think. I do think that taking another angel's grace is probably taboo or won't work right as it's not his but we'll see. It's never been done before ... Anna looked for her own and didn't seem like she was going to fight Uriel and Cas when they came to take her.
    Last edited by dashnjo; 12-14-2013 at 08:36 PM.

Forum Regular
    If Kevin is dead dead then that was a horrible send off in my opinion. It was just like..."hey Kevin's dead". Real abrupt.

But moving on, I have a theory that if Crowley doesn't die in "Road Trip" they set him free at the end but Crowley changes the deal and has the boys working for/with him again to go after Abbadon. The next episode after this one is the one with Cain. No way they're having an episode with the Father of Murder who trained the Knights of Hell and not have Abbadon in the mix.

I honestly can see a possible team up down the line between Abbadon and one of the angel factions. I'd like for them to team up to free Michael and Lucifer from the Cage so they could have their respective leaders back.

Why would Crowley die in Road Trip? I don't think Crowley is dying any time soon. He is too integral to the entire season if not the rest of the series IMO....

I liked Kevin, and am sorry to see the character go, but maybe we'll see him in a flashback or in Heaven or wherever prophets go....

BUT this sets up an interesting dilemma for Dean. Gadriel is IN Sammy....and Dean wants Gadriel seriously DEAD for what he did to Kevin. Desperate Dean makes bad decisions.....Angry Determined Dean is a precise, effective, powerful machine, much like he was in Purgatory....pure. The angels will pay dearly for messing with Sam and Kevin, and even Cas, and I don't think they quite know what they are in for. Crowley knows though how powerful Dean really is...and he will use this to his advantage, which in this case (like with trying to kill Lucifer) they have a shared goal...bringing down Abbadon and sending the dick-angels packing. Crowley's humanity will play a big role in this. While I enjoyed Crowley being so delightfully evil last season, I honestly do want to see Crowley becoming more human (like Meg did) and working with Team Free Will. He will still have his own petty agenda, but Crowley right now is probably the only being in existence that can do this with his demon powers but also with his cunning and insight. Kinda the guy you WANT working on your side.

Hopefully we get some Christmas presents in the form of some good spoilers soon.....

Quote Originally Posted by dashnjo View Post
    I don't think Theo will have a role in Cas's decision making ... when Metatron took Cas's grace he was just locked in his vessel as a human so Theo was locked in his vessel, and then killed so Theo's done for I think. I do think that taking another angel's grace is probably taboo or won't work right as it's not his but we'll see. It's never been done before ... Anna looked for her own and didn't seem like she was going to fight Uriel and Cas when they came to take her.
    I did not think of it like this, so you do have a point....Castiel was pretty much Castiel without his grace, so Theo could be dead and Cas just has a grace. Before this season, I felt like a grace was specific for an angel, so perhaps you're right.

It could be something like a rejection reaction from a transplant....Cas might be fighting Theo's grace as a foreign entity on a physiological level, and Cas might not be aware of it. He probably knows it's not something he should have done, he himself admits to that, but he had to do what he felt necessary to stay alive and to be prepared for the war to come. The angel Theo is probably gone, again, much like a donor would be, but there is still some influence emitting from his grace. Taking another angel's grace is probably not going to end well for Cas. Like Crowley who looks like will need human blood to stay human/alive, Cas might need other angels' graces to stay angel/alive.

Forum Regular
    With there being prophets in line when one dies, I think that could create a loophole in that Kevin can't be brought back as it could interfere in some established order.

Now there was a sighting of Osric Chau in Vancouver, it could be just a guest spot. I think it would actually be smart that Kevin can't be brought back just because another prophet will be "awakened" so to speak, much like how Kevin was in "Reading Is Fundamental".

Resurrection is how there came to be 2 slayers on Buffy. Why not prophets?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast