1 2.22%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Failing This City

1 2.22%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Who else caught that wonderful Easter egg about the particle accelerator in Central City?

It was a good episode. Didn't feel like they were throwing us everything but the kitchen sink like they did at the end of last season, but that's understandable. Premieres often include a lot of exposition. Especially when there's a time jump. Among the things I liked were the Team Arrow scenes, Olicity (), Walter's cameo, the less dramatic Thea, the island scenes (as always) and Canary's debut.

Still a bit sceptical about Summer Glau's character and Laurel's boss. Don't know how big a role they will play or who the season's main villains will be.

One last thing. I wonder if those pirates (assuming that's what they are) are connected to the woman who was Fyers' boss last season? Hope the show hasn't forgotten about her, lol.

8 out of 10. Season looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Supsfan View Post
    Personally I don't get why Tim Wescott(the leader of the hoods) did turn into sand to get away from the Green Arrow
    Glad to see I wasn't the only one that noticed him!

Poor Alicia.
    Last edited by costas22; 10-10-2013 at 01:39 AM.

9.89 out of 10. A fantastic start to the second season! Just amazing stuff. I could either type out a "book" or just stay short and sweet. This time I'll do the latter. Can't wait to see where they are going to go this season.

(btw- post #425)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    Glad to see I wasn't the only one that noticed him!
    Took me about 30 minutes into the episode to figure out where I saw him before but I finally figured it out without using IMDB

Cool start to the season. Loving:

[SPOILER]
    1. Ollie's transformation to Green Arrow, with "thou shall not kill" oath
    2. Appearance of Dinah Lance as Black Canary.
    3. Diggle and Felicity's loyalty
    4. Roy's development towards Speedy.
    [/SPOILER]

Not sure what Summer Glau's part in the show will be.
    Last edited by skully; 10-10-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Banned
    Very good opening episode.

STAR Labs and Central City getting a mention.

I really liked the way the start of this episode tied into the srater of the pilot, with Oliver running through the island, and the focus on deathstroke's ,mask. Does that mean Slade Wilson will die in some battle to do with that ship, and Oliver honour's him by putting up his mask, almost as a gravestone? I liked the mention of Sarah, and Oliver saying he is responsible for leading her to her fate. he still has not confirmed that she dies on the boat. I did think that some concepts were forced a little bit, like Oliver honouring Tommy's memory. will more questions be asked about the coincidental timing of Oliver's return with the return of the hood?
    I also liked the way that Laurel and her father have swapped opinions on the hood/vigilante. Now detective/officer lance is supporting him, whereas laurel is blaming him for Tommy's death.

I liked it but I think they are going a little too fast with the transition from the Vigilante to Arrow. Still, the contrast between past Ollie becoming a killer and the present one trying to give up being one is well done. I have to say, I love Felicity but they really shouldn't put her in almost every scene with Oliver. She's better in small doses.

I'm guessing that particle accelerator is heading for a certain accident.

Please don't tell me they are replacing the Oliver/Laurel/Tommy triangle with Oliver/Laurel/Her new boss. *facepalm*

Cameron...err Summer Glau was cool. Let's hope this show doesn't collapse though.
    Last edited by Exedore; 10-10-2013 at 05:53 AM.

Banned
    particle accelerator accident! That's utterly preposterous.

Quote Originally Posted by Exedore View Post

Please don't tell me they are replacing the Oliver/Laurel/Tommy triangle with Oliver/Laurel/Her new boss. *facepalm*
    With 4 women in Ollie's life, I am certain they'll go with a 2 women/1 man triangle this time. I am sensing Laurel/Oliver/Felicity might be it. Although it won't be front and center like last year's triangle.

Posting Pro

Random observations....

I've just watched the season premiere and I need some time to put my thoughts together to write a proper review, so I'll just throw in a few random observations. First of all, since this was the first episode after the five month hiatus (which translates into five months in the "Arrow" universe), there was a lot of exposition. This means that some dialogues felt somewhat "clunky", the kind where various characters were basically telling each other what happened in the meantime just to fill in the viewers. Maybe that's why I wasn't 100% happy with this ep...or maybe it's just that the build up and the expectations have been so massive that the actual show seemed a bit lacklustre in comparison! Anyway, here are my thoughts:

1. Walter and his lovely British accent are back in Starling city...me very happy! I do hope he can help Oliver manage Queen Consolidated and that he will eventually patch things up with Moira.

2. Moira/Susanna...what an asset to the show! The scenes with Moira/Oliver and Moira/Thea were IMHO among the best in this episode, and they show how an accomplished, seasoned actress can bring out fine performances from her younger co-actors. And if I may make a shallow comment, this woman looks so gorgeous and classy, even without make up and in a prison suit.

3. More shallow comments...Laurel looked stunning in her new hair color and I really loved the dress she wore at that reception. She even got to show off some of her badassery when the "copy cat" vigilantes showed up. Felicity has let her hair down, but kept her glasses...I guess you can't be "adorkable" if you don't wear glasses. Am I the only one wondering how she keps her glasses on while jumping from air planes and smashing through glass windows??? Oliver was gorgeous as usual, but I don't understand why he had to be running around shirtless on the Island...unless it was because he needed to be shirtless for that "half-nekkid Oliver lies on top of Felicity" Olicity moment! Sorry if I offended anyone...I do understand that the writers have come up with these scenes to please the shippers, it's just that the "fan service" becomes a bit too obvious sometimes! I even got a "me Tarzan, you Jane" vibe from this scene, the way Ollie swung from that tree...

4. Laurel and Oliver had a touching moment talking about Tommy's death and how it has affected them, and I felt that Katie managed to convery Laurel's feelings of guilt and regret in a fine way in this scene. Oliver mentioned Sara's death, as did Quentin. These mentions could be seen as a kind of "reverse" foreshadowing, given that Sara/proto-Black Canary turned up alive towards the end of the episode.

5. I found it odd that nobody was really angry or disappointed that Oliver just up and left Starling city after the Glades disaster, rather than staying on and trying to help and comfort his imprisoned mother, his little sister and "the love of his life", as well as his crime fighting partners. I know that the comic book Green Arrow has a habit of retreating/going away when he's in dire straits, but I still think that someone could have remarked or asked why Oliver just disappeared. Instead they were all, for the most part, very forgiving and understanding.

6. Is it just my impression or is Slade a bit jealous of the Oliver/Shado romance? Maybe the writers are preparing for a CW love triangle on the Island??? If I may squeeze in another shallow comment here, I have to reiterate my ongoing complaint about Oliver's Island wig....in fact, it looks even worse in season two. I don't know if I will be able ge to get into the Oliver/Shado ("Shaliver"?) love scenes of he is going to wear that thing on his head!
    Last edited by evaba; 10-11-2013 at 04:25 AM.

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    I loved the episode one thing I really noticed was the ship at the end of the episode on the Island that was the same ship that was shown destroyed at the beginning of the episode when Felicity and Diggle arrived at Lian Yu to get Ollie to return.

New In Town
    (another observation) When I saw Tommy buried at the same cemetery as Lionel Luthor from Smallville, I was just hoping to see his head stone. Would have been cool.

Quote Originally Posted by evaba View Post
    I've just watched the season premiere and I need some time to put my thoughts together to write a proper review, so I'll just throw in a few random observations. First of all, since this was the first episode after the five month hiatus (which translates into five months in the "Arrow" universe), there was a lot of exposition. This means that some dialogues felt somewhat "clunky", the kind where various characters were basically telling each other what happened in the meantime just to fill in the viewers. Maybe that's why I wasn't 100% happy with this ep...or maybe it's just that the build up and the expectations have been so massive that the actual show seemed a bit lacklustre in comparison! Anyway, here are my thoughts:

1. Walter and his lovely British accent are back in Starling city...me very happy! I do hope he can help Oliver manage Queen Consolidated and that he will eventually patch things up with Moira.

2. Moira/Susanna...what an asset to the show! The scenes with Moira/Oliver and Moira/Thea were IMHO among the best in this episode, and they show how an accomplished, seasoned actress can bring out fine performances from her younger co-actors. And if I may make a shallow comment, this woman looks so gorgeous and classy, even without make up and in a prison suit.

3. More shallow comments...Laurel looked stunning in her new hair color and I really loved the dress she wore at that reception. She even got to show off some of her badassery when the "copy cat" vigilantes showed up. Felicity has let her hair down, but kept her glasses...I guess you can't be "adorkable" if you don't wear glasses. Am I the only one wondering how she keps her glasses on while jumping from air planes and smashing through glass windows??? Oliver was gorgeous as usual, but I don't understand why he had to be running around shirtless on the Island...unless it was because he needed to be shirtless for that "half-nekkid Oliver lies on top of Felicity" Olicity moment! Sorry if I offended anyone...I do understand that the writers have come up with these scenes to please the shippers, it's just that the "fan service" becomes a bit too obvious sometimes! I even got a "me Tarzan, you Jane" vibe from this scene, the way Ollie swung from that tree...

4. Laurel and Oliver had a touching moment talking about Tommy's death and how it has affected them, and I felt that Katie managed to convery Laurel's feelings of guilt and regret in a fine way in this scene. Oliver mentioned Sara's death, as did Quentin. These mentions could be seen as a kind of "reverse" foreshadowing, given that Sara/proto-Black Canary turned up alive towards the end of the episode.

5. I found it odd that nobody was really angry or disappointed that Oliver just up and left Starling city after the Glades disaster, rather than staying on and trying to help and comfort his imprisoned mother, his little sister and "the love of his life", as well as his crime fighting partners. I know that the comic book Green Arrow has a habit of retreating/going away when he's in dire straits, but I still think that someone could have remarked or asked why Oliver just disappeared. Instead they were all, for the most part, very forgiving and understanding.

6. Is it my impression or is Slade a bit jealous of the Oliver/Shado romance? Maybe the writers are preparing for a CW love triangle on the Island??? If I may squeeze in another shallow comment here, I have to reiterate my ongoing complaint about Oliver's Island wig....in fact, it looks even worse in season two. I don't know if I will be able ge to get into the Oliver/Shado ("Shaliver"?) love scenes of he is going to wear that thing on his head!

Banned
    Seriously someone gave it a 1 rating? Now I gave it an 8 but a 1 come on seriously was it that bad?

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by maasaloo View Post
    Seriously someone gave it a 1 rating? Now I gave it an 8 but a 1 come on seriously was it that bad?
    Whenever there's a show that a lot of people enjoy, there's gonna be at least one troll who has to try and bring the spirit of the entire show down by rating it badly. My guess: an amateur critic who thinks that giving a show a low rating because its a genre show will somehow make themselves look professional....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast