X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Thought the episode was weak. We probably haven't seen the last of those kids or their YT-2400 freighter. Just hoping it doesn't come to the point, where the show gets rid of the Ghost and starts using the UT-2400 freighter as the show's main ship. You know... just because it's Star Wars doesn't mean everyone has to use YT series freighters (it's bad enough that TFA had the resistence be x-wing exclusive).

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

According to CBR, [SPOILER]Saw Gerrera[/SPOILER] will be appearing on Rebels.

Comment

Comment

I've caught up on Rebels. I forced myself to watch in spite of struggling to stay awake on countless occasions.

The best episodes are those involving Ahsoka Tano, Darth Maul, Grand Admiral Thrawn, and Darth Vader. I don't have a hard time staying awake for those. What this shows is that the show works well when it imports mythology from the greater, more interesting star wars universe.

Within Rebels, they have not established anything that is independently interesting. It's just a gang of misfits on a millenium falcon.

I hope there's a payoff eventually.
                        Last edited by DA_Champion; 01-02-2017, 07:59 AM.

Comment

i hope the series ends with them going to Alderann to meet up with bail organa and Obi-wan kenobi.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue screen of death
                            i hope the series ends with them going to Alderann to meet up with bail organa and Obi-wan kenobi.
                            Everything about the recent Maul storyline suggests that we're eventually going to get a showdown between Kenobi and Maul.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
                              I've caught up on Rebels. I forced myself to watch in spite of struggling to stay awake on countless occasions.

The best episodes are those involving Ahsoka Tano, Darth Maul, Grand Admiral Thrawn, and Darth Vader. I don't have a hard time staying awake for those. What this shows is that the show works well when it imports mythology from the greater, more interesting star wars universe.

Within Rebels, they have not established anything that is independently interesting. It's just a gang of misfits on a millenium falcon.

I hope there's a payoff eventually.
                              I think the Inquisitors are mildly interesting, but it stands to reason that a cartoon for children is unlikely to add anything revolutionary to a universe about which Disney wants to release a new film every year. I know there's still room in there for more interesting stories, and I agree with your assessment that a lot of the episodes are rather dull, but sometimes you get stuck playing with someone else's toys and you can't hand them something different when they ask for them back.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                                I think the Inquisitors are mildly interesting, but it stands to reason that a cartoon for children is unlikely to add anything revolutionary to a universe about which Disney wants to release a new film every year. I know there's still room in there for more interesting stories, and I agree with your assessment that a lot of the episodes are rather dull, but sometimes you get stuck playing with someone else's toys and you can't hand them something different when they ask for them back.
                                If I understand you correctly, you're saying the show can be dull because the storyline takes place in the suburbs of the star wars universe, as only the movies can change the overall plot. Is that correct?

I don't think that's true, it's a big galaxy so there's plenty of room to evolve the storyline. I'd give you counterexamples, but I'm not sure that many analogies are available. Don't the Marvel netflix shows manage to have good storylines in spite of taking place in the suburbs of the Marvel universe? Meanwhile, Agents of Shield is boring, truly boring. It has the same storytelling constraints, probably just weaker writers.

There are some great kid's shows out there so I don't buy. I think The Last Airbender is a great example, one of the best shows I've seen honestly, and it's perfect for those aged 6-12. Alternatively, we've both watched the justice league cartoons. I found JLU a lot more watchable than JL (I think the writing improved due to there being fewer characters per episodes), but within both there was great variation in the quality of the episodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎