Collapse
No announcement yet.

#9.09 "Holy Terror"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My latest theory-du-jour (strictly read for amusement) based on all the little bits we've seen:
    - The episode will be the reveal that Zeke is working for Metatron (duh...the pics make it obvious) and Dean now sees Zeke as a threat (fairly obvious)
    - Zeke openly states his intention to keep Sam's body. At BurCon Jensen mentioned a cut line about Zeke referring to Sam as his vessel and Dean correcting him..."you mean my brother". Jensen suggested that they didn't want to tip their hand too early. So... that certainly lend support to the Zeke claims Sam's body theory.
    - This is the "game changer" episode so BIG plot muscle movement is reasonable to expect.
    - The cliffhanger is Zeke killing Kevin and taking off with Sam's body. It's appropriately HORRIBLE. Kevin is reading the Angel tablet, perhaps there a de-possession "in case of emergency" instruction. Also possibly a way to stop Metatron (which we know Zeke is working for).
    - Post Hellatus, Dean makes a deal with Crowley to restore Kevin. Rather than trade his soul, Crowley demands help with getting rid of Abbadon (hence the First Born episode with Cain the 'trainer' of the Knights and Dean having an extended fight sequence). Deal details could go many directions (maybe he wants Kevin's blood?) but the point is that killing Kevin makes sense and Crowley is Dean's only hope. Now will Crowley have the juice? IDK. I'm going to say that killing Kevin and leaving him dead seems unlikely. TPTB have no problem dipping into the sacrifice well again IMO. Dean's declared Kevin family and already brought Cas and Charlie back to life. He just won't roll over if Kevin is killed.

Another tangent theory-du-jour:
    - Maybe Sam goes willingly with Zeke to save Zeke from zapping Dean. Jared at Burcon talked about Sam having reached the point of ready to die in EP1 and rightly being pissed at Dean for not letting him. I can see some tense exchange between the two if Dean actually gets to talk to Sam after Sam finds out he's possessed. Extra angst bonus points if Zeke lets Dean say "goodbye".

Comment

Just saw a tweet from Guy Norman Bee (SPN frequent director) who saw Osric at the Vancouver airport. I choose to take it as a sign that Osric is still on the SPN set and therefore Kevin is still alive. So... I'm using this as my comfort blankey for tomorrow night.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SVFancross
          My latest theory-du-jour (strictly read for amusement) based on all the little bits we've seen:
          - The episode will be the reveal that Zeke is working for Metatron (duh...the pics make it obvious) and Dean now sees Zeke as a threat (fairly obvious)
          - Zeke openly states his intention to keep Sam's body. At BurCon Jensen mentioned a cut line about Zeke referring to Sam as his vessel and Dean correcting him..."you mean my brother". Jensen suggested that they didn't want to tip their hand too early. So... that certainly lend support to the Zeke claims Sam's body theory.
          - This is the "game changer" episode so BIG plot muscle movement is reasonable to expect.
          - The cliffhanger is Zeke killing Kevin and taking off with Sam's body. It's appropriately HORRIBLE. Kevin is reading the Angel tablet, perhaps there a de-possession "in case of emergency" instruction. Also possibly a way to stop Metatron (which we know Zeke is working for).
          - Post Hellatus, Dean makes a deal with Crowley to restore Kevin. Rather than trade his soul, Crowley demands help with getting rid of Abbadon (hence the First Born episode with Cain the 'trainer' of the Knights and Dean having an extended fight sequence). Deal details could go many directions (maybe he wants Kevin's blood?) but the point is that killing Kevin makes sense and Crowley is Dean's only hope. Now will Crowley have the juice? IDK. I'm going to say that killing Kevin and leaving him dead seems unlikely. TPTB have no problem dipping into the sacrifice well again IMO. Dean's declared Kevin family and already brought Cas and Charlie back to life. He just won't roll over if Kevin is killed.

Another tangent theory-du-jour:
          - Maybe Sam goes willingly with Zeke to save Zeke from zapping Dean. Jared at Burcon talked about Sam having reached the point of ready to die in EP1 and rightly being pissed at Dean for not letting him. I can see some tense exchange between the two if Dean actually gets to talk to Sam after Sam finds out he's possessed. Extra angst bonus points if Zeke lets Dean say "goodbye".
          Well look how right you were!

I think you just jinxed Kevin dying, lol.

Comment

Kevin will come back. I'm sure of it. Guy Norman Bee saw him at the Vancouver airport a few days ago. I think he'll be brought back by Cas or Crowley.

Comment

Okay... starting to think he may be dead. Apparently Osric may live in Vancouver and between his goodbye tweet and his interview on Winchester Bros radio --- this is either the worst punk ever or he's gone gone.

Comment

I have a theory on that SVFancross and let me know what you think of it.

I mentioned in another thread that since Kevin is a prophet, perhaps there would be an interference to bring him back because of the next prophet "in line". There is an established order of it and bringing back Kevin could disrupt it. I think that could be a fine loophole in it all for not bringing Kevin back.

Comment

And if Dean is given the option of saving Kevin or allowing the next prophet to take his/her rightful place in the grand scheme, I think Dean would always choose to save Kevin.

I fear that Kevin is indeed dead dead, but we also thought that Bobby was truly dead. I mean he is still dead, Bobby, but he made an appearance in episode 1 and I feel he will make another appearance later on this season and no doubt he will be seen before series end. It has been said before, "nobody really dies on Supernatural."

Comment

I mentioned in another thread that since Kevin is a prophet, perhaps there would be an interference to bring him back because of the next prophet "in line". There is an established order of it and bringing back Kevin could disrupt it. I think that could be a fine loophole in it all for not bringing Kevin back.
                    That's fair. I also think the whole angel-smitedness may be a non-started. Not a natural death and all. After finding out Osric lives in Vancouver and his interview on Winchester Bros Radio, I'm now starting to grieve Kevin. I think he may be gone.

As for other prophets... tricky. There are some alive but Kevin was not called immediately after Chuck. So there may be another trigger event to "call" the prophet. Or the prophet may be called but his mission (which is different than Chuck and different than Kevin) could be to commune with the bees for all we know.

Comment

There might be a God tablet. I think in the grande scheme of things, God is still pulling strings. God had Metatron take down His word, but yet Metatron was putting in sidebar comments on the other three tablets. God has his own "great lever" trial, and it could be something still hidden in the tablets that Kevin could not decipher yet that "triggers" another prophet, perhaps even Chuck.

I think Kevin has so much documentation and scribbles and hidden computer files that have ALL of the translations of the tablet and are just waiting for somebody to figure them out, perhaps even Crowley. Cas said the tablets weren't written for the angels and so he couldn't read them. But Crowley can read the ancient language Kevin translated them into.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
                        And if Dean is given the option of saving Kevin or allowing the next prophet to take his/her rightful place in the grand scheme, I think Dean would always choose to save Kevin.
                        As I brought up though, Dean may not even be able to make the choice at all.

I fear that Kevin is indeed dead dead, but we also thought that Bobby was truly dead. I mean he is still dead, Bobby, but he made an appearance in episode 1 and I feel he will make another appearance later on this season and no doubt he will be seen before series end. It has been said before, "nobody really dies on Supernatural."
                        Kevin could definitely show up but still be dead-dead; I'm all for that.

Comment

Originally posted by SVFancross
                          As for other prophets... tricky. There are some alive but Kevin was not called immediately after Chuck. So there may be another trigger event to "call" the prophet. Or the prophet may be called but his mission (which is different than Chuck and different than Kevin) could be to commune with the bees for all we know.
                          I think the switch could be immediate since all the tablets haven't been translated yet. The angel tablet has barely been touched and that could the switch to turn another prophet "on".

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎