Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of 0-8-4?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't care about the accents of the actors in real-life, I'm talking about the accents of the characters on the show. If they have British accents on the show it's because they were cast that way, because the creative staff wants it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
      There are many ways for a star to explode. However, since we have no idea what the tesseract is (correct?), and we know that the Sun is not going to go supernovae since that would be a boring series finale, let's just go with it.

A star exploring because of iron is referred to as a type II supernovae, or at least that's the theory atached to the observation. There are other ways for a star to explode. If the Tesseract was "the most powerful object in the universe" yeah it would blow up the sun. But we don't know what this thing was, so again, let's not worry :-)
      It will burn up first before it would have a chance to go off. This idea of it somehow blowing up the Sun is ridiculous like majority arguments I have heard against the show. I mean I know this is traditional DC comic fan site, but I guess it is too much for people to judge the show fairly, this marvel v DC fan war stuff is getting old fast.
      Last edited by Degobunny; 10-06-2013, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
        It will burn up first before it would have a chance to go off. This idea of it somehow blowing up the Sun is ridiculous like majority arguments I have heard against the show. I mean I know this is traditional DC comic fan site, but I guess it is too much for people to judge the show fairly, this marvel v DC fan war stuff is getting old fast.
        The metal casing will melt, yes. Was there a little tesseract cube inside? That wouldn't melt. That's what I might worry about if this were real life:-) In the context of a cheesy show, it's fine.

Look... I really dont think anyone here is thinking "marvel vs dc"... I for one will keep watching.
        Last edited by DA_Champion; 10-06-2013, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
          The only reason I brought that up was because I heard about that from watching the Universe on History and I didn't get all the details.

I do like this show even if I'm more of a DC fan than a Marvel fan even though I like both.

Comment

The metal casing will melt, yes. Was there a little tesseract cube inside? That wouldn't melt. That's what I might worry about if this were real life:-) In the context of a cheesy show, it's fine.

Look... I really dont think anyone here is thinking "marvel vs dc"... I for one will keep watching.
            There was no tesseract cube inside since there is only one which Thor brought back to Asguard at the end of the Avengers. There is yesterday based technology which is different from having the actual cube.

I disagree about the Marvel v DC. People on this site are attacking the show with bias against a comic book publisher. And arguments like this just confirm it.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
              The only reason I brought that up was because I heard about that from watching the Universe on History and I didn't get all the details.

I do like this show even if I'm more of a DC fan than a Marvel fan even though I like both.
              Then you misunderstood what the documentary on history channel was saying. It took me 5 minutes on the internet to understood what you were trying to say and realize that you were wrong. In order for a Sun to die via iron is it has to stop fusing hydrogen into helium. Your comment made about as much sense as chucking an iron frying pan at the Sun and saying the Sun would blowup. Sorry if I am coming off harsh but these sorts of argument against a perfectly good show really irk me.

You want to have actual debate about the theoretically impossible, then why not bring up the raft plugging the hole in the plane. Normally it would be impossible, we can only assume the raft is made of special material designed for just an event, that and the plane was depressurized enough for the raft to plug the hole. That at least I have suspend some disbelief to believe.
              Last edited by Degobunny; 10-07-2013, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by super_j_man
                I missed a good bit of this episode thanks to Breaking News about a evacuation at the Jacksonville Airpot but from what I saw, I was a little unimpressed. I guess I still need to give it a few more episodes and I need some more reasons to care about these characters. *shrugs*

6 out of 10
                Jess you should have watched the whole episode Skye and. Coulson both got great character development in this episode.

Comment

We're almost 3 episodes in and I think that Melinda is kind of a b!t&h. Anyone else feel this way? I'd call her The Cavalry all the time just to agitate her.

Comment

'0-8-4' is a good episode. The agents of SHIELD try to get an alien device, but their so-called allies want it for their country. I also like the cameo of Nick Fury at the end.

Comment

Overall this was a better episode than the pilot. Loved how the airbus was utilized in such a visual way with dudes flying out. The team got to shine too. I think I'm getting a handle on Skye as a character. She's certainly the most relatable to me. Coulsen's cool but I'm not sold on him as the leader just yet.

I really don't like the scientists. They're such archetypes. They're the shortest and most socially awkward characters on the cast. There's one biologist and one engineer or something, which is so stereotypical, and Pacific Rim did the same thing.
                      While the characters don't really bug me I agree with you on them being nerd archetypes. It was pretty surprising considering the connection to Whedon. Willow and Xander Fitz-Simmons ain't.

Comment

the right balance of humour an action looking forward to the next week!

new zealand holidays
                        Last edited by davidwatkins; 03-28-2014, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎