No announcement yet.

Chloe - the best fit for Lex?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chloe - the best fit for Lex?

I just rewatched the entire show and, particularly during the middle seasons (4-6-ish) I thought Chloe had a really great dynamic with Lex. Setting aside any remarks about chemistry between the characters, I just liked seeing Chloe stand up to Lex in a way that others didn't. Maybe it's just me but I also felt like Chloe got under Lex's skin more than anyone else who stood up to him. With Clark (in the beginning), he just got sad whenever Clark got mad at him, and that eventually turned into bitterness and resentment. With Lana, he either felt guilty and apologized or just blamed her insecurities on Clark/bulldozed over her. Ex: when she says she wants the cameras removed in the mansion and he says, 'not happening, deal with it.' Or when she has all these insecurities and he says, 'I'm done paying for Clark's mistakes.'

With Chloe, it's different. She finds out he may be dating Lana and storms into his mansion and tells him to be careful and he gets so irritated that he goes and complains to Lana? Is it just me, or is that somewhat non-Lex-like? It's not completely non-Lex-like in that he's still being manipulative and pitting friends against each other so that, at the end of the day, he still gets Lana. But a more Lex-like response would be being glad that even Chloe saw the potential in Lexana and just gloating about it. But Chloe got under his skin so much that he felt like he had to do something to make her regret giving him the ultimatum.

And when he personally comes to the DP to warn Chloe not to publish the article about how he was holding her mom hostage? Again, he deemed her a worthy enough opponent that he took the time to come threaten her face-to-face.

After all of that, I just have to wonder what would have happened between the two characters if they'd had more face-to-face time. The romantic in me wants to believe that Lex would eventually realize what an awesome person Chloe is and stop trying to hurt her. The more realistic side of me makes me think Lex would probably kill Chloe and get it over with. If we were to go to the extreme side of fantasy-land, I feel like a Chlex relationship may have actually turned Lex around. After all, she's the only character who wouldn't ever let Lex manipulate her into doubting Clark (which was Lana's flaw), and who would give him enough crap to make him seriously question his own poor choices (which Clark could never do).

What do you guys think?
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎