Collapse
No announcement yet.

Constantine (NBC) - Original KSiteTV Forum Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am totally unfamiliar with Constantine in the comic, and did see the movie, although it kind of confused me....BUT I just watched the trailer for the series and I am very excited about this show.

Very "Supernatural" feelings to it....

I liked when he said "bollocks".....

Comment

I am defiently giving this show a try, I was hesitant before but the trailer gives me hope. My one minor quibble would be I wish that Constantine could smoke. I really like the actor for Constantine though, and from what I seen as far Constantine in the comics the characterization is good. I can't wait to see what Massaloo thinks. I think he is the biggest Constantine fan on this site.

Comment

That trailer was awesome.

For those who are not familiar with Constantine i urge you just forget the film the only thing they borrowed from the Hellblazer comics was that he smoked and was called John Constantine.

Matt Ryan looks like he stepped out of the Hellblazer comics. The look is spot on now we need him to act like him and from the snippets I've seen so far so good. Looks like it will be darker than I was expecting it to be but that makes it better.
        Last edited by maasaloo; 05-11-2014, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maasaloo
          That trailer was awesome.

For those who are not familiar with Constantine i urge you just forget the film the only thing they borrows from the Hellblazer comics was that he smoked and was called John Constantine.
          Yeah my main familiarity with the character is Sandman an Justice League Dark. What other DC characters do you think will pop up? Also are there any Hellblazer storyarcs that might be good to read going into this series?
          Last edited by Degobunny; 05-11-2014, 12:47 PM.

Comment

I hope Zatanna shows up. Anyone know what Serinda Swan is up to?

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
              I hope Zatanna shows up. Anyone know what Serinda Swan is up to?
              Yeah I would love to see Zatanna. I only read the first arc of Justice League Dark but it looked like her and Constantine had quite the history.

I would also love to see any of the Sandman family, but whether they would be allowed to use those characters is a good question.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny

Yeah my main familiarity with the character is Sandman an Justice League Dark. What other DC characters do you think will pop up? Also are there any Hellblazer storyarcs that might be good to read going into this series?
                It depends I'm not sure if they will borrow mostly from the Hellblazer comics or from the New 52 when DC integrated him into their universe.

The New 52 Constantine is watered down version of Constantine. So Zatanna I'm expecting to show up eventually and I guess people would be familiar with her as the love interest. Unless the bring in Epiphany (Yes that's really her name) his future wife from the Hellblazer comics. Emma, Angie, Dani and Zed have been on his list, Maybe the woman we see with him is supposed to be THE love interest I think I've heard she's supposed to be a combination of a few his conquest's from the books.

As for books a decent introduction of him would be the first arc of the New 52. The collected book (Issues 1-6) called the Sparks and the Flames.

As for the Hellblazer comics there's many Brian Azzarello run in the 2000's was very good. Hellblazer: Good Intentions is the book.

Hellblazer: Original Sins is the collected editions of his debut and early adventures.

Newcastle: A taste of Things to Come will give you an idea of why we see John in a home for the mentally ill in the trailer.

Those are off the top of my head there's many more that i have which are in storage.
                Last edited by maasaloo; 05-11-2014, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
                  Yeah I would love to see Zatanna. I only read the first arc of Justice League Dark but it looked like her and Constantine had quite the history.

I would also love to see any of the Sandman family, but whether they would be allowed to use those characters is a good question.
                  Ahhh I'd love to see Death somewhere. Even in her own show.

Comment

Here is a clip from the Pilot when Constantine first meets Lucy Griffiths character.

Comment

Not bad. I mean it's not quite the cable show adaptation of Hellblazer that the character really needs but still, better than I expected. The casting is visually very great; let's see how well it goes. Nice to see things like Ravenscar from Hellblazer show up. One thing irritates me though: two adaptations and they STILL can't get the pronunciation right. I mean really, how hard can it be?

Comment

I've given up on them getting it right Ex just accepted that's how it will be pronounced. Craig will this show get it's own forum or do you think it won't generate many posts on Ksite ?
                        Last edited by maasaloo; 05-12-2014, 06:22 PM.

Comment

i think the show would catch up soon but for now its like a cult favorite, so its not generating as much buzz as gotham or flash.

Comment

Anyways, would we be getting a sub forum for Constantine?

Comment

Originally posted by Qcore
                              Anyways, would we be getting a sub forum for Constantine?
                              Sooner than you think. I hope.

Here's some REALLY cool art from a future Constantine comic:

Last edited by KSiteTV; 06-02-2014, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Constantine will premiere on Friday, October 24th at 10PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎