Constantine (NBC) - Original KSiteTV Forum Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt Ryan is Constantine.

Source: http://www.ksitetv.com/news/matt-rya...aptation/28821

He looks a bit like David Tennant to be honest. Other the hair color which can easily be fixed the guy looks the part.
    Last edited by KSiteTV; 02-22-2014, 12:26 AM. Reason: Lihk to KSiteTV please.

Comment

This casting is from last week but:

True Blood alumna Lucy Griffiths has been cast as the female lead opposite Matt Ryan in NBC’s drama pilot Constantine, from Warner Bros TV. Also cast in the project, based on the characters in DC Comics’ John Constantine stories are Lost alum Harold Perrineau and Charles Halford (True Detective). Constantine centers on John Constantine (Ryan), an enigmatic and irreverent con man-turned-reluctant supernatural detective who is thrust into the role of defending us against dark forces from beyond. When Liv (Griffiths), the daughter of a late friend, is targeted by demons, Constantine steps in to save her. Griffiths’ Liv is an offbeat young woman tired of her ordinary life who comes to discover that she has the ability of seeing the supernatural world among us, which makes her a key player in the battle between good and evil. Liv teams up with Constantine to save lives, master her power, and learn more about her late father.

Perrineau will play Manny, an authoritative angel assigned to watch over Constantine who has the power to step into other people’s bodies, and although he is meant only to observe, Manny will not hesitate to help out if he can save a life. Halford will play Chas, Constantine’s oldest friend and staunch companion who possesses powerful survival skills that might possibly be supernatural.

True Blood alumna Lucy Griffiths has been cast as the female lead opposite Matt Ryan in NBC’s drama pilot Constantine, from Warner Bros TV. Also cast in the project, based on the characters in DC Comics’ John Constantine stories are Lost alum Harold Perrineau and Charles Halford (True Detective). Constantine centers on John Constantine (Ryan), an […]
      Last edited by maasaloo; 03-13-2014, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Sounds like good casting news. I'm not really familiar with Constantine so I don't know how accurate it will be to the source material but I plan on watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
          Sounds like good casting news. I'm not really familiar with Constantine so I don't know how accurate it will be to the source material but I plan on watching it.

It will be fairly accurate but a watered down version. It won't be like the Hellblazer comic version. Like Chas who's been cast is John's best friend so that's accurate.
          They have the look right for Constantine too nothing like Keanu Reeves version.

I've heard he may not smoke though which is a key character trait for him. It's a shame that if its' true.
          Last edited by maasaloo; 03-13-2014, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maasaloo
            It will be fairly accurate but a watered down version. It won't be like the Hellblazer comic version. Like Chas who's been cast is John's best friend so that's accurate.
            They have the look right for Constantine too nothing like Keanu Reeves version.

I've heard he may not smoke though which is a key character trait for him. It's a shame that if its' true.
            I can deal with him not smoking, its not a deal breaker for me.

Comment

Deadline
              At NBC, the McG-directed Mysteries of Laura starring Debra Messing as a homicide detective and mother of twins is garnering early buzz as is comic book-basedConstantine.
              Sounds pretty good.

Comment

At NBC, DC Comics-based Constantine looks solid, as does McG-directed The Mysteries of Laura starring Debra Messing.
                Constantine continues to be in the frontrunner for pickups.

Comment

Constantine get's series order.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/08/nb...ine-to-series/

Comment

Constantine (NBC)

http://www.nbc.com/constantine/video...railer/2781062 Yes YES YES!!!! now start it's forum..!! it'll be here fro awhile

Comment

Heres the main thread for the series.

DC Comics' Hellblazer, John Constantine, had his own show on NBC... and then it got canceled. Now he resides in the KSiteTV Morgue. (Constantine @ KSiteTV)

Comment

First trailer for Constantine on NBC.

Comment

I dont know much about Constantine and never saw the movie so unless its on when nothing else is or i get bored and watch OnDemand i might skip it.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                            I dont know much about Constantine and never saw the movie so unless its on when nothing else is or i get bored and watch OnDemand i might skip it.
                            The movie didn't really follow the comic books.

I think it is confirmed to air after Grimm on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                              The movie didn't really follow the comic books.

I think it is confirmed to air after Grimm on Friday.
                              Oh ok so like it will be the first half with hannibal being the second? if so then ill probably be able to catch it.

Comment

I said before I wanted Fridays at 10 - and we're getting it!! Very excited!

Here are some pics: http://www.ksitetv.com/category/constantine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎