Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gotham (FOX) - Original KSiteTV Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't he also the voice of Bruce/Batman in the animated Batman: Year One movie?

Comment

Awesome! I've liked Ben McKenzie ever since the O.C. days and really enjoyed him in Southland. I was a bit worried about this show for awhile and honestly wasn't sure what to think. But now that we know a young Bruce will be in it and Gordon being cast with someone I like, I'm all in now . Can't wait for this show.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
        Wasn't he also the voice of Bruce/Batman in the animated Batman: Year One movie?
        Yep

Comment

Weirdly enough, this is the first hiring in quite a while for a DC project that hasn't made me scratch my head. Haven't watched Southland, but going by my OC experience, I think McKenzie is a good choice for the role. Just don't ask him to grow a moustache.

Starting to look forward to this one.

Comment

I'm more intrigued, with Bruno Heller (of The Mentalist and HBO's Rome ) as the creator. Gotham City itself is always a character in any Batman story -- from the moment Bruce loses his parents in Crime Alley to the day he puts on the cowl -- so having Heller in charge gives me some confidence they'll set the right tone.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
              Weirdly enough, this is the first hiring in quite a while for a DC project that hasn't made me scratch my head. Haven't watched Southland, but going by my OC experience, I think McKenzie is a good choice for the role. Just don't ask him to grow a moustache.

Starting to look forward to this one.
              You should give Southland a go, it'll blow your mind. Benjamin is great in it.

Comment

Robin Lord Taylor will play Oswald Cobblepot aka The Penguin described as With the brains of a chess grandmaster and the morals of a jackal, Cobblepot is a low-level psychopath for gangster Fish Mooney, and hides his sadistic lust for power behind an exquisitely polite demeanor.

Sean Pertwee (Alfred pennyworth)- A tough-as-nails ex-marine from East London, Pennyworth has loyally served the Wayne family. Now, in the wake of their tragic deaths, he’s fiercely protective of the young Bruce Wayne — the boy who will eventually become Batman.

Zabryna Guevara has been cast as Captain Essen- Detective Gordon’s boss at the Gotham City Police Department Homicide Squad.

Erin Richards (Barbara Kean) - The fiance of Detective Gordon (McKenzie). A sophisticated emergency doctor, Kean stands by her husband amid the corrupt world of Gotham.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/foxs...th-1201097899/

Comment

Great thespians and isn't Sean Pertwee also the son of Jon Pertwee of Doctor Who fame?

Comment

I've seen two of the actors in previous things. Any fans of the Christian Bale action movie, Equilibrium? Pertwee played Father, the original figurehead leader of the dystopian police state Bale's character worked for. If you're a fan of The Tudors, you might have seen him as King Henry's uncle who lasted all of five minutes before getting assassinated in S1. He's really talented and he's been in a lot more things over in the UK. We've seen Alfred as no-nonsense and army-tough before in the Beware the Batman series, which worked well. I'm really excited with this casting in particular. Not only can Alfred drive Bruce around, he will have Bruce's back in a fight. Alfred's the role any Batman fan would say must be cast well. With Pertwee, I think they've got it right.

I'm not as familiar with Robin Lord Taylor. He played Sam, one half of the young couple Rick and Carol ran into in that subdivision earlier in S4 of The Walking Dead. It looks like he's stepped into a much more demanding role now.

It's interesting they've included Essen in this series. I've read the Batman: No Man's Land arc years ago -- I will say no more.
                    Last edited by President_Luthor; 02-11-2014, 08:15 PM. Reason: the walking dead

Comment

I haven't read any Batman comics in years, so I know nothing about Gordon's fiance or boss, but: Am I the only one who thinks the actor for Alfred looks older than he should be? (Based on the headshot used in TVLine's article)

Comment

Pertwee was also in a movie called Dog Soldiers. Very good movie and thats where I first heard about him. He will knock it outta the park when it comes to Gotham. I hope we get to see him and Gordon working on cases together.

Comment

Since fox's next crime drama gotham already has a brilliant cast and crew assembled around .The world of bruce wayne and.Jim gordan this show will generate big ratings .
                          Last edited by Wellingismysuperman; 02-12-2014, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Donal Logue cast as Detective Harvey Bullock- Gordon's "rough-around-the-edges partner and mentor. Plays loose with police procedure, but he gets results... and he does it with old-school, forceful panache.

The latest entertainment news, TV discussion, and film coverage from UPROXX.

Comment

I like the casting choices so far and can't wait for it to premiere.

Comment

Jada Pinkett Smith will be among the big bads in Fox’s much anticipated Gotham series.

Add more credibility to your site - get a premium domain today. Straight-forward shopping experience.
                                Last edited by KSiteTV; 02-19-2014, 05:17 PM. Reason: Link to the Gothamsite whenever possible

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎