No announcement yet.

Gotham (FOX) - Original KSiteTV Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KSiteTV
    I doubt there will be any Arrow/Flash connection, especially since I'd imagine this takes place in a different time period. Unless it's a Bates Motel kind of prequel that takes place in present day.

I'd really like the DC TV series to line up with Marvel's, but I am wondering more if that's even possible.

I just hope FOX gives this one a better chance than Human Target got. A WB property that should have had it all, but then didn't. Still, interesting there was a bidding war. The last time that happened for a DC property was 2000, for Smallville. FOX offered a six episode pick-up; WB offered 13. WB won, and the rest is history.

Also - AWESOME that this DC/WB news came out RIGHT as Marvel/ABC just got done showing S.H.I.E.L.D.. Totally took their wind away. lol. Playing hardball I see!
    Lol yeah that can't be a coincidence. I have to admit. The idea sounds intriguing. Not sure how it will play.

Comment

As for who could play Commissioner Gordon, not sure. Oldman did a good job but I don't see them getting him again.

Comment

Got this bit from TVLine's article on the news:

the one-hour drama series promises to explore “the origin stories of Commissioner James Gordon and the villains that made Gotham famous.”
        So, are we getting people like The Joker and Catwoman or what? Interesting that they don't want a full-fledged Batman, but are considering only villains as characters. I don't really see what the difference would be since either one (Batman or the villain) would be wearing a costume.

My perception of this working as a series or not really changes when I think about Birds of Prey. That show used a lot of popular, established characters from the comics, yet it still failed, so I'm not sure this would last if they only focused on Commissioner Gordon -- who is probably known more as a supporting character to Batman than anything else (sort of like Catwoman).
        Last edited by Aries83; 09-25-2013, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Yeah I'm not sure how that is going to work with super villains but not Batman. Then again if you go with some versions of the Joker before he became The Joker, you could delve into organized crime and his eventual descent into madness. You could also have more gradual evolution of Harvey Dent into Two face.

Comment

I'm also wondering what role costumes will play in the series, if any. I'm guessing they want something "dark and gritty." If that is the case, then I wonder how seriously people would take the show if they had some actor gallivanting around town in an outlandish costume.

Comment

This sounds close enough to Gotham Central to make me happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
                Got this bit from TVLine's article on the news:

So, are we getting people like The Joker and Catwoman or what? Interesting that they don't want a full-fledged Batman, but are considering only villains as characters. I don't really see what the difference would be since either one (Batman or the villain) would be wearing a costume.

My perception of this working as a series or not really changes when I think about Birds of Prey. That show used a lot of popular, established characters from the comics, yet it still failed, so I'm not sure this would last if they only focused on Commissioner Gordon -- who is probably known more as a supporting character to Batman than anything else (sort of like Catwoman).
                What I got from that is the Commish will encounter Batman's rogue gallery before they are notorious/infamous. So Victor Fries aka Mr Freeze when he's a scientist who's just about to begin dabbling into bad things.

I wonder if we'll see Barbara Gordon and James Jr? or maybe this is set before all that.
                Last edited by maasaloo; 09-25-2013, 04:36 AM.

Comment

There are all the possibilities in the world for this to be good.

Comment

I'm interested in the show I hope it gets picked up and will be good.

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
                      This sounds close enough to Gotham Central to make me happy.
                      I would love a full-on Gotham Central series.

Or Nightwing.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                        And I didn't really know this site was more DC over Marvel. I mean, I can see why the beginning would be that way as this site was started just because of Smallville.
                        I like both universes... comics-wise I've been more into Marvel lately, actually... but what I mean is that the visitors to this site started off as Smallville fans (well, a lot of them) and many are into Arrow, etc... so they tend to veer toward the DC stuff.

Comment

OK if this isn't set in the other DC universe's could this be a period piece? Say it's set in the late 80's/early 90's.

Comment

I would watch the hell out of a series like this!!!!! I think it has potential. Gordon is a compelling enough character and with good writing and structure it could work. My idea for it would be to have Batman play a vital role but from the shadows, like we just hear his voice or see a shadowy glimpse of the cowl. Maybe Gordon talks secretly to him via red cellphone (homage to the 60s show) and then the final episode shows him lighting up the Bat Signal for the first time and we get a full shot of Batman as he lands on the roof!

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                              I like both universes... comics-wise I've been more into Marvel lately, actually... but what I mean is that the visitors to this site started off as Smallville fans (well, a lot of them) and many are into Arrow, etc... so they tend to veer toward the DC stuff.
                              I think I enjoy the idea that DC has much more mythological superheroes(Superman, Doctor Fate, Green Lantern) and Nolan even made his version of Batman very mythological, but I prefer the Marvel Universe because it feels so much more tied in at times, unlike DC. I mean...the Infinity Gauntlet is so much better than anything DC has done, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by gmster
                                If you've read Batman Year One, there's a lot of storytelling opportunities with this.
                                Exactly my thoughts when I read the premise, if done right I think it would be a very interesting p.o.v.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎