No announcement yet.

Gotham (FOX) - Original KSiteTV Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotham (FOX) - Original KSiteTV Thread

Sorry to all of you who rushed to make a thread, I get dibs on it as the admin. Plus, I wanted to be sure to link to KSiteTV:

So. A Commissioner Gordon TV series. Thoughts? Casting? Ideas?

No problem Craig.

Sounds interesting and the Commissioner meeting Batman's rogue gallery before they become who they're meant to be.

I wonder if this will be set up in the Arrow/Flash DC universe?

Comment

No doubt WB/DC trying to mirror what Marvel/Disney have done with Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D.

Originally posted by maasaloo
      I wonder if this will be set up in the Arrow/Flash DC universe?
      I certainly hope so.

Comment

Meh!!!... I have come to feel that way about prequels of any sort. We know how it turns out. Do we really need to see how he becames Commissioner Gordon.
        Last edited by darkphoenix21; 09-24-2013, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
          Meh!!!... I have come to feel that way about prequels of any sort. We know how it turns out. Do we really need to see how he becames Commissioner Gordon.
          If you've read Batman Year One, there's a lot of storytelling opportunities with this.

Comment

Originally posted by gmster
            If you've read Batman Year One, there's a lot of storytelling opportunities with this.
            I've never read comic books/ graphic novels It's not about the material to support the series. Its just a character I have no interest in, especially knowing it would an origin story.
            Last edited by darkphoenix21; 09-24-2013, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I don't think this would be set in the same universe as Arrow and Flash:

1) If this is the origin of Commissioner Gordon, then technically, Oliver and Barry would be either teenagers or kids at that time.

2) If FOX is developing it, I don't see a chance at all for a crossover or shared universe because why would FOX, a big network, do that with The CW which is a small network?

3) Since we still don't know if Arrow and Flash will be set in the DC Cinematic Universe, I'm not even sure if the Gordon that we may see on this show will eventually end up being the Gordon in the movies.

I personally think this isn't a good idea at this point and I kind of hate the fact that Warner Bros. had to announce it like three minutes after Agents of SHIELD had aired: I know from a business stand-point, this is the kind of thing that one company does to compete with another. But I guess we will have to wait and see what happens...not thrilled though.

Comment

We want a toddler kick ass Barbara Gordon!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB
                  I don't think this would be set in the same universe as Arrow and Flash:

1) If this is the origin of Commissioner Gordon, then technically, Oliver and Barry would be either teenagers or kids at that time.

2) If FOX is developing it, I don't see a chance at all for a crossover or shared universe because why would FOX, a big network, do that with The CW which is a small network?

3) Since we still don't know if Arrow and Flash will be set in the DC Cinematic Universe, I'm not even sure if the Gordon that we may see on this show will eventually end up being the Gordon in the movies.

I personally think this isn't a good idea at this point and I kind of hate the fact that Warner Bros. had to announce it like three minutes after Agents of SHIELD had aired: I know from a business stand-point, this is the kind of thing that one company does to compete with another. But I guess we will have to wait and see what happens...not thrilled though.
                  I don't expect them to crossover, just hoping for a subtle hint that it's a shared universe. A Starling City namedrop will do.

Comment

I doubt there will be any Arrow/Flash connection, especially since I'd imagine this takes place in a different time period. Unless it's a Bates Motel kind of prequel that takes place in present day.

I'd really like the DC TV series to line up with Marvel's, but I am wondering more if that's even possible.

I just hope FOX gives this one a better chance than Human Target got. A WB property that should have had it all, but then didn't. Still, interesting there was a bidding war. The last time that happened for a DC property was 2000, for Smallville. FOX offered a six episode pick-up; WB offered 13. WB won, and the rest is history.

Also - AWESOME that this DC/WB news came out RIGHT as Marvel/ABC just got done showing S.H.I.E.L.D.. Totally took their wind away. lol. Playing hardball I see!

Comment

Originally posted by gmster
                      I don't expect them to crossover, just hoping for a subtle hint that it's a shared universe. A Starling City namedrop will do.
                      Maybe we can see young Quentin Lance as played by Golden Boy's Theo James!

Kidding. With the different networks, I'm not expecting anything.

BTW, a Gotham City-set show is awesome, but I'd still rather have Nightwing.

Comment

If you ask me, and let me know if you agree with me(and you should! lol), I think Gotham could indeed have a role in WB's DC Cinematic Universe, but what the CW is doing...I feel like Arrow, and its spin-off take on Flash, will be part of its own universe.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                          Also - AWESOME that this DC/WB news came out RIGHT as Marvel/ABC just got done showing S.H.I.E.L.D.. Totally took their wind away. lol. Playing hardball I see!
                          Difficult to say it took Marvel's wind away...there is an announcement of a series about Gotham that specifically stated that Batman won't be involved...don't know if that is something that could take anything away from tonight's outing from Marvel and ABC.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                            Difficult to say it took Marvel's wind away...there is an announcement of a series about Gotham that specifically stated that Batman won't be involved...don't know if that is something that could take anything away from tonight's outing from Marvel and ABC.
                            I don't know, that TV show about Marvel without the Avengers seemed to do fine... and more people have seen Jim Gordon than have seen Phil Coulson... can't deny that of ALL times to let the news drop, now was a great time.

And maybe, again, it's this site being more DC than Marvel, but the news about Gotham has done a lot better than any SHIELD stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                              I don't know, that TV show about Marvel without the Avengers seemed to do fine... and more people have seen Jim Gordon than have seen Phil Coulson... can't deny that of ALL times to let the news drop, now was a great time.

And maybe, again, it's this site being more DC than Marvel, but the news about Gotham has done a lot better than any SHIELD stuff.
                              S.H.I.E.L.D. is a powerful force to begin with though; it's a great group in itself. I don't think Gordon would be all that interesting by himself without showing his relationship with Batman. I mean, Oldman is great, but would people watch a movie with him as Gordon and no Batman? Would people watch a S.H.I.E.L.D. movie without the Avengers? I think that relays back to television; just thinking a S.H.I.E.L.D. series would be better than a show just about Gordon. Not saying I wouldn't watch it, only that I can't find how an announcement of a series just around Gordon would take away any wind away from the pilot of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

And I didn't really know this site was more DC over Marvel. I mean, I can see why the beginning would be that way as this site was started just because of Smallville.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎