Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gotham (FOX) - Original KSiteTV Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of all the shows I think almost all could be tied together Gotham would definitely be the hardest to put into the same universe as the others because of the ambiguity of the timeline but it might be possible.

If not the only way I can see it tied together is to have it be a separate world in the multiverse.

Comment

• Originally posted by maasaloo
      but you're bringing magic and supernatural themes into GOTHAM's universe. Might make it look out of place.
      Not really; the Noir genre is more than compatible with magic and the supernatural. In fact, there's actually a literary sub-genre out there called Supernatural Noir.

Comment

• Originally posted by DigificWriter
        Not really; the Noir genre is more than compatible with magic and the supernatural. In fact, there's actually a literary sub-genre out there called Supernatural Noir.
        Really? I didn't know that.

Can't wait to see James Gordon meeting John Constantine who happens to have demonic eyes and shooting fireballs from his hand.

Comment

Who say's it's linked to one of Arrow/Flash? Maybe it's Constantine. Though that would be even more weird.
          "Arrowverse, etc"... included in the "Etc" is Flash-verse, Constantine-verse, Supergirl-verse or any of the other DC TV universes...

Comment

Really? I didn't know that.
            Yeah. Check out stuff like The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher (the first book is Storm Front), the Supernatural Noir anthology edited by Ellen Datlow and Seanan McGuire's October Daye novels (the first book is Rosemary and Rue) for literary examples, and ANGEL, Kolchak the Night Stalker, Supernatural, and Grimm for filmic examples.

I need to check out more on Constantine to determine if there would be any major aesthetic conflicts between it and Gotham, but, in principle, the idea of the two series being compatible isn't all that unfathomable even if I personally like the idea of Gotham remaining its own separate thing unconnected to anything else.

Comment

• SPOILERS BELOW

Caught the first two on Hulu, available much to my surprise. I like it. It's like Law & Order, plus that element of Law & Order that kept me from watching. Also, as a fan of Arrow, I love that they've already mentioned the Dollmaker. I'm sure it's a coincidence, but it's still fun to pretend.

Jada Pinkett Smith: AMAZING as a new comic character. I mean, wow.

And the fact that they hired Carol Kane to play the Penguin's mother shows someone knows what they're doing.

Comment

• Gotham is getting the nod on several best "new" TV series lists in 2014, Variety and Associated Press. (Variety also included Flash in there).

Gotham has a clear idea of what they want their show to be and overall I think they've done a good job in executing their plan -- Barbara's not-interesting story arc aside. Long may it do its own thing, in its own universe. It's proven that it can do well without having to share universes with other shows/superheroes on other networks.

As a Batman fan, I'm glad it's getting some deserved attention. Robin Lord Taylor has been amazing as the future Penguin.

Comment

• Originally posted by President_Luthor
                  Gotham is getting the nod on several best "new" TV series lists in 2014, Variety and Associated Press. (Variety also included Flash in there).

Gotham has a clear idea of what they want their show to be and overall I think they've done a good job in executing their plan -- Barbara's not-interesting story arc aside. Long may it do its own thing, in its own universe. It's proven that it can do well without having to share universes with other shows/superheroes on other networks.

As a Batman fan, I'm glad it's getting some deserved attention. Robin Lord Taylor has been amazing as the future Penguin.
                  Danny DiVito used to be my favorite Penguin, but Taylor is moving in fast for me. Taylor and Pinkett-Smith make the show for me, and I hope she eventually gets more airtime. I want more Carol Kane too.

I'm glad to see it's getting good press. For me, it's got what Arrow and The Flash don't have, or perhaps it doesn't have the elements that ruin Arrow and The Flash for me: high school cafeteria romance drama. If Barbara has a place on the show, that's where it is, and I'm glad the writers aren't indulging in it.

SPOILER BELOW

I really wish Agnes from Moonlighting (I can think of the actress's name) could have stayed on longer as the patient-nurse. Her character and voice would have fit really well on the show.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎