No announcement yet.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Pilot Ratings Predictions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Pilot Ratings Predictions

For the past few weeks, I have seen a lot of talk online about SHIELD: most of it is positive buzz as heck while there is a group of people that are doubting it for different reasons and one of the concerns I have seen is: will it be able to pull in the numbers that it needs?

I'm not concerned for the show at this point that much because I got to see the pilot at Comic-Con (won't say anything here) so I know how I feel about it but I have been curious over what kind of numbers SHIELD will have to get each week to be seen as successful by the ABC Network, critics and the audience members. I know NCIS will be it rival and that it pulls in about 20+ millions every week but does SHIELD have to get over that kind of number or be somewhere close to it?
    20+ Million Viewers
    0%
    18-19 Million
    0%
    16-17 Million
    0%
    14-15 Million
    0%
    12-13 Million
    0%
    10-11 Million
    0%
    8-9 Million
    0%
    6-7 Million
    0%
    4-5 Million
    0%
    Under 4 Million Viewers
    0%

It will need a 3.0 + in the 18-49 demo. Networks seem more concerned with the demo versus total viewers. I do see AOS taking away viewers from NCIS, especially the younger crowd. Me personally, I will be switching between AOS and B99(Brooklyn nine-nine).
    Last edited by Degobunny; 09-18-2013, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
      It will need a 3.0 + in the 18-49 demo. Networks seem more concerned with the demo versus total viewers. I do see AOS taking away viewers from NCIS, especially the younger crowd. Me personally, I will be switching between AOS and B99(Brooklyn nine-nine).
      That's definitely what it needs for success, and considering how much money they are pouring into things like shooting in another country, it cannot be a cheap show to produce.

I don't know if it will be as big as we all thought it would be, though. Maybe huge numbers for the pilot, but then it may drop off. I hope not, but it just seems like interest is fading. I've seen more people excited about Arrow which is three weeks away over SHIELD which is only 6 days away.

Comment

I agree to a certain degree with you regarding the interest fading away but I don't think it has faded away that much.

Well, yes people may be more excited about Arrow because there has been so many announcements regarding casting and this is not me slamming Arrow at all because I love that show but the major reason why there might be "more" excitement for Arrow is mostly because of the casting announcements, and now most recently those poster. But in all fairness, SHIELD is still a very buzzed show, still seeing incredibly positive words from critics and let's say that the pilot perhaps gets somewhere between 15-20 million viewers: obviously there is going to be a little drop-off but that could be only one-two millions less.

The problem SHIELD is having at the moment is that it's being kept under wraps so much and this is just my speculation but I think that what could potentially be a ratings-boost for most of their episodes is when they eventually play their Marvel-card aka introducing characters from the comic books. It's still going to be a big show and on the subject of how much money they are spending on this series: I could see SHIELD having 13 episodes per season in order to save money and so on but that may just be me.

Comment

I'm going to go on a limb here and suggest there is no way they'll have 15-20 million viewers. 10-12, maybe, at best, and that is being generous. 15-20, those are numbers new shows rarely get.

Comment

True, for most new shows yeah but this is a Marvel show that is based and set in The Avengers, one of the highest grossing films ever so I don't think it's unrealistic of me to think that. At least for the pilot I think it might end up on a number like that. I'm willing to do a bet on that.

Comment

I like that Shield is not getting spoiled much compared to Arrow. I want to be shocked by seeing Marvel comic characters on the show. I think people are excited about Arrow because this is ksite (a site dedicated to Smallville) , and there are some hardcore DC comic lovers on this site. I think I am rarity along with one or two other on this site that perfer Marvel.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB
                True, for most new shows yeah but this is a Marvel show that is based and set in The Avengers, one of the highest grossing films ever so I don't think it's unrealistic of me to think that. At least for the pilot I think it might end up on a number like that. I'm willing to do a bet on that.
                Even with the amount of people that saw Avengers in the theater, it might not have been 20 million people, at least not in the U.S., and that had real superheroes in it... and Robert Downey, Jr.

Comment

Any more predictions on how it will do?

Comment

11.9 million viewers! Looks like I was right when I suggested "between 10-12 million."

It did well in its demographic, though.

Comment

It got 11.9 million total viewers while scoring a 4.6 rating in the coveted 18-49 demo — aka this fall’s highest-rated drama debut to date, if not the most watched. UPDATE: It also stands as all of TV’s best drama launch in four years (since ABC’s own V).

More ratings details:

Last edited by KSiteTV; 09-25-2013, 09:09 AM. Reason: Link to the related site when possible. Otherwise no link needed. TV Line gets enough traffic lol

Comment

I hear it beat NCIS! Its also being reported that numbers will increase once DVR showings r added in. Also it will be repeated on Thursday night in the same timeslot.

Comment

It didn't beat NCIS in total viewers, just in the main demographic, where it was pretty even with The Voice.

All shows get a bump from DVR.

Comment

Oh well still in the demo they wanted thats good. Plus even though NCIS won the night I heard their ratings were down from last yr. Looks like Coulson and company have the best Tuesday in 4 yrs debut for abc so theyve gotta b loving it.

Comment

I might start watching the show now that Ziva David character no longer is going to be in the show (NCIS).

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎