Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about: Smallville's best quotes/lines elimination game?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about: Smallville's best quotes/lines elimination game?

Hey,
    I haven't been in this section for a while, but I kind of miss it
    I had an idea for a game, but I don't think I can arrange it. It's up MrsK's and Skully's alley. If one of you wants to take it up, it would be great.

Since Smallville had so many good lines, I think there are enough for the elimination game. How about it?

Sounds like a great idea, fz. We are a third of the way through the Worst Moments Elimination game, so maybe once we've finished it we can move onto your idea. I'll give this one some thought and post my ideas.

Comment

Great! Thanks Skully

Comment

I have already been giving it some thought. I think I'll approach it exactly the same way I have with these latest elimination threads. Up to 10 quotes per episode, so a max of 220 quotes per season, then whittle them down to the best (or most memorable) 5 quotes of each season, then have a final 50 for the 10 seasons and eliminate them down to the Top 10, Top 5 and then most memorable quote of the series.

Comment

I'll start work on Season 1 as soon as I can, but there's a lot of work in putting a single season of "items" together. So while I'd happily run this great idea in parallel with the current Worst Moments thread, I think I'll struggle to find the time to do a Most Memorable Quotes game together with the current elimination thread. As an indication, we are probably 2 weeks from finishing Season 3 in Worst Moments game, but I am only up to Bound (ep 9) in putting the S4 Worst Moments list together. About 2 episodes a night (when I get the time - maybe 2 or 3 nights a week) is about the rate I can go at.
          Last edited by skully; 09-10-2013, 03:58 PM.

Comment

First of all, it's okay, no hurry. I have quotes I remember, but I don't have the full episodes memorized like you and MrsK , so if you want to give me specific episodes, I guess I can view them and write down quotes I find memorable. Not sure I have much time for it, but since I assume you're just as busy as I am, if you're willing to put so much time into it, how can I refuse
            Anyway, let me know if I can help.

Comment

No, that's fine, fz. What I normally do is compile a season list, then put it up with the rider that I'm happy for people at suggest any additions in case I happen to miss any "items". So by all means make a list of your favorite quotes ready for cross checking with my lists once posted (some time in 2014!!).

Comment

I can certainly help with these efforts as well! I rewatch the episodes enough times anyways. fantom zoner, do you think it would be easier if you and I split up the episodes in Season 1 to begin with? Or shall we--all three of us--come up with our own list? Of course, that's only if you guys think it would be helpful to have another hand in this kitchen.

Comment

A joint effort sounds cool. I have had an initial stab at the early eps of S1, and am happy to PM it through for consideration by fz and C.L. I think the main issue will be keeping the quotes per episode at a manageable level. In the other Elimination games I have attempted to average no more than 10 Moments/items per episode. That limits the starting list per season to around 220 quotes.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎