No announcement yet.

How many seasons will there be?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many seasons will there be?

How many seasons will there be of Once upon a time? Do you guys think? What more can they write about? I think that the Peter Pan story will be the biggest they can do.

There's still plenty of Disney they haven't touched on if they're willing to go there.

Comment

There are definitely more stories to tell. There is a library full of characters they can pull from. It's a matter of what characters they need to tell the story that they want to tell. And as spoilers have indicated [SPOILER] They want to eventually bring Oz to the series too. That alone has dozens of characters they can do a full season about[/SPOILER]

Comment

Originally posted by ArtgirlTexas
        There's still plenty of Disney they haven't touched on if they're willing to go there.
        such as? My disney knowledge is pretty limited I know of Oz and that's something that they wanna touch on

Comment

Since season 3 is upcoming, I would think OUAT has a good five seasons in it. However five years is also a common expiration period for actors contracts, and there could easily be some actors on this show who would be looking for hefty raises or might want to go try something else. I would think this would be the greatest risk. Lack of source material should not be the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by spotteddog
            Since season 3 is upcoming, I would think OUAT has a good five seasons in it. However five years is also a common expiration period for actors contracts, and there could easily be some actors on this show who would be looking for hefty raises or might want to go try something else. I would think this would be the greatest risk. Lack of source material should not be the problem.
            I hope that they go for 5 seasons maximum. No show that has gone over 5 seasons has been that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
              How many seasons will there be of Once upon a time? Do you guys think? What more can they write about? I think that the Peter Pan story will be the biggest they can do.
              I love Peter Pan. He was my childhood hero and I think that the spinoff should be called Once Upon a Time in Neverland instead of yet another Wonderland retread.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                I hope that they go for 5 seasons maximum. No show that has gone over 5 seasons has been that good.
                With the exception of Smallville

Comment

I see them aiming for five to six seasons. I expect at some point, they will ask ABC for an end date a la LOST.

Originally posted by spotteddog
                  five years is also a common expiration period for actors contracts
                  From what I understand, actors typically will sign on for seven.

Comment

I'm hoping for at least five full seasons, but so long as the writing and acting remains this good, I'll keep watching. Last night's episode was really creepy; I'm still getting used to the idea of Peter Pan & Hook switching sides.

Comment

Five seasons is a good stopping point, six is alright, and anything beyond is stretching it a bit.

Look at most shows...heck...look at Supernatural: It had 5 great seasons, 6 and 7 were a bit shaky, and from what I heard 8 was alright, but still not in the calibur of the early seasons. While it's still going, there's still gripe from people about how it compares to the early days (though I've heard nothing about season 9). The last thing I want to hear is about Once Upon a Time having "shaky" seasons, especially since the second half of 2 was already shaky enough.

Comment

I think I once read they had a contract for 6 years. That would mean 6 seasons, I guess.

As long as they keep it this good and don't make it suck with forced 7 - 9 seasons, I will be happy. I am one to prefer quality over quantity. Even this 3rd season has been a little dreary for me in Neverland. I was hoping for more dangerous encounters with the lost boys and possible monsters in the island. But it has been mostly flashbacks and walking around the monotonous landscape. The best parts have been sassy Regina, Ariel & Belle. Also, is it me or is Jared Gilmore (Henry) loosing his acting skills? He was much more credible back in season 1. I know he is still a young actor but I have seen younger kids much more professional in their interpretation. Remember Haley Joel? Or Atticus Shaffer... Good from a young age.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyBlood
                          I think I once read they had a contract for 6 years. That would mean 6 seasons, I guess.

As long as they keep it this good and don't make it suck with forced 7 - 9 seasons, I will be happy. I am one to prefer quality over quantity. Even this 3rd season has been a little dreary for me in Neverland. I was hoping for more dangerous encounters with the lost boys and possible monsters in the island. But it has been mostly flashbacks and walking around the monotonous landscape. The best parts have been sassy Regina, Ariel & Belle. Also, is it me or is Jared Gilmore (Henry) loosing his acting skills? He was much more credible back in season 1. I know he is still a young actor but I have seen younger kids much more professional in their interpretation. Remember Haley Joel? Or Atticus Shaffer... Good from a young age.

He was quite creepy as [SPOILER] Peter Pan in Henry's body [/SPOILER] in Going Home. He pulled it of. Gave me the shivers.

And did you notice that his voice has grown deeper?

Comment

Depends on the ratings, I would not at all be surprised of OUAT gets cancelled during season four with where they're at but I'm going to guess five and it'll be done.

Originally posted by LadyBlood

I agree, he's gotten worse as he's gotten older but I don't think it's his fault and it bugged me a bit but I think believability was part of it, he's noticeably getting older as kids do (checked IMDB, he's turning 14 this year) while still playing character that is still supposed to be 11 years old or 12 by the mid-season end at most. Puberty isn't doing him any favors and it's a standard issue with child actors in a TV series with them rapidly outgrowing their roles, he's grown A LOT since the show started and it's one of those things that just happens when it comes to kids. It's probably one of if not the primary reason for the one year leap forward so he can be a young teenager which should make things easier so he won't be a teenager still playing a 11/12 year old kid, there's just too much development going on there for it to work.

Originally posted by clois4ever30
                            He was quite creepy as [SPOILER] Peter Pan in Henry's body [/SPOILER] in Going Home. He pulled it of. Gave me the shivers.

And did you notice that his voice has grown deeper?
                            Yeah, puberty tends to do that. Calling it now, Henry gets a girlfriend either in the second half of this season or sometime next season.

Originally posted by SuperheroFan87
                            With the exception of Smallville
                            *Removes original text.* I think I'll just say that I disagree.
                            Last edited by PHOENIXZERO; 01-04-2014, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PHOENIXZERO
                              Yeah, puberty tends to do that. Calling it now, Henry gets a girlfriend either in the second half of this season or sometime next season.
                              Maybe Pagie/Grace or [SPOILER]Dorothy.[/SPOILER] They are going to bring in [SPOILER]Oz with the casting of the Wicked Witch of the West.[/SPOILER]
                              Last edited by clois4ever30; 01-04-2014, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎