Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Welling as Lex Luthor in Man Of Steel 2?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Welling as Lex Luthor in Man Of Steel 2?

does anyone think Tom Welling could pull off being Lex Luthor in Man of Steel 2?

No.

Comment

I don't want him near that crapola...blah. Tom, to me, has always been about substance and not flash.
      Last edited by wellinglover66; 09-01-2013, 06:07 AM.

Comment

It's not that I feel it's crapola; just, if the guy's not going to put on a costume he's surely not going to try to have anything else to do with Superman anytime soon. I also think it would be confusing to the audience, if the guy who used to be [sort of] Superman is now playing his arch-enemy.

It's happened before, I'm sure; but I don't want it here. An actor with the ability to stand up to Henry Cavill's Superman and Affleck's Batman is needed... and I don't think Tom is really at that level, even if he had put out some very good performances in Smallville at times.

Comment

I'm so glad Tom wasn't in MOS since they made bad choices in that movie which I didn't like. I'm glad Tom is going a different direction in his career. Looking forward to seeing his movie, Parkland which is coming soon. Please Tom, stay away from the Man of Steel sequel. I don't have a good feeling about it.

Comment

MOS was not a movie that I could imagine Tom taking part in....he's so much better than the rubbish that was served up in the move. People panned Smallville but at least it held on to the integrity that will always be part of the Superman Universe.

Comment

^^Definitely, Smallville is my Superman origin of choice.

Comment

Originally posted by starflower69
                MOS was not a movie that I could imagine Tom taking part in....he's so much better than the rubbish that was served up in the move. People panned Smallville but at least it held on to the integrity that will always be part of the Superman Universe.
                Except in the series finale, which could only give us a tiny CG Superman. Your mileage will vary, but I was very disappointed.

Man Of Steel made some creative choices I did not care for but I'd hardly call it rubbish. Henry Cavill in particular was fantastic.

But I would love to see Tom trying new things, new genres... new roles that can show off what every Smallville fan knows he was capable of, maybe beyond being white-bread Clark Kent. Look at Tom's performances in episodes like "Transference" and you'll see he definitely has it in him. He just needs the right vehicle to shine more. Me, personally, I'd like to see him on TV again, but considering all of the long days he did for TEN YEARS I respect it if she would choose not to. I can't help but think, though, of several shows that would have been a lot better with Tom over the actors they did get. :-X

Comment

I guess that's why we debate how we feel about our favourite shows as I think that Tom held the show together and considering some of the story lines he was given to work with he did a fantastic job and yes Transference is one of my favourite episodes of Smallville. Tom acted his socks off.

MOS upsets me to even think about it and again yes Henry Cavill was fantastic as I knew he would be but the creative choices such as Lois finding Clark so easily and her finding out his secret and Clark trusting her so easily didn't sit well with me.

Tom will have a fantastic career in whatever he decides to do and I can't wait to see his new movie Parkland and whatever he is in next.

Comment

i'd be interested to see him in that role i think he'd pull out a surprise preformance as lex but i do completely understand why he wouldn't in the movie it's just 10 years as clark i'm curious what his take on lex would be

Comment

Tom could pull off anything... but the question is does HE want to and do WE want him to.

I agree with the folks that say STAY AWAY FROM MOS, TW! I found the movie to be extremely tedious and totally random at times. It would have been much better if they had taken the time to develop the characters and the situations, etc. Maybe they thought we all knew the CK story (which we do) but there still was no build-up at all. Tom's acting skills would be wasted in such a series that clearly was made to be visually pleasing and is hardly anything else.

I would love to see Tom do different roles though... perhaps an evil role sometime soon. Like a hardened criminal in a prison or a bad-ass action hero! Actually, more than anything, I want to see him in a movie where he's smiling and grinning a lot! I feel like we don't get enough of that. :P And no, I don't just mean "*sigh* I wanna see Tom Welling's gorgeous smile" (although that's part of it)! I actually mean I want to see him in a lighthearted, happy movie. Like a rom-com!

But it really doesn't matter, I just want to see him in more movies and (if he's up for it) shows! What a fantastic actor!!

Comment

No but I wouldn't be opposed to him doing a small cameo as Otis

Comment

Didn't know there was a sequel on the way. The first one was pretty good

Comment

I doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎