Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

#9.07 "Heaven Can't Wait"

Just the title, but an intriguing one at that. And usually, the seventh episodes are pretty big deals too: "A Little Slice of Kevin", "Family Matters", "It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester".

New In Town
    Taking the title from Iron Maiden's "Heaven Can Wait" perhaps? Hopefully they use music-related titles more often.

Two characters that will be in this episode are:

Nora, she is a caring hard working single mother and the owner of a gas station and convenience store. Possibly recurring.
    and

Ephraim, a creepy supernatural entity who believes he is on a mission to help mankind but has power that can be used for evil.

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty30 View Post
    Taking the title from Iron Maiden's "Heaven Can Wait" perhaps?
    My first thought, upon seeing the title, was that there's a movie titled "Heaven Can Wait" and thought they were doing a riff on that (which they've done before). Maybe it's a play on both?

Tyler: The wait for the new season of Supernatural is getting pretty unbearable. Got any spoilers to tide me over?
    In episode seven, which is titled "Heaven Can Wait," fans will be me meeting two new characters: Nora, a cute hardworking single mother who owns a convenience store, and Ephraim, a creepy supernatural entity that thinks he can help people, but his powers can also swing the evil way. Viewers can expect to see Nora pop up more than once in season nine. (Anyone else's love interest senses tingling?)
    Old news, but still....I had a thought.

What if Nora is Castiel's love interest?

Could be.....it would be fun to see how Cas interacts with a child, especially if the child is "difficult" like Dean.

Could a mod change the episode number? It has been changed to be the 6th episode now.

http://www.ksitetv.com/supernatural/...ant-wait/25640

CASTIEL GETS A JOB --- Castiel (Misha Collins) gets a job at a Gas-N-Sip and actually starts to enjoy life as a human. A headline in the local newspaper about some disappearances in the area catches his eye, so he calls Dean (Jensen Ackles) to help him investigate the case. Dean knows he needs to keep Sam/Ezekiel (Jared Padaleck) away from Castiel, so he tells Sam that he and Kevin (guest star Osric Chau) need to stay and work with Crowley to decipher the tablet. Crowley agrees to help Sam and Kevin but in return he wants one phone call to hell. Rob Spera directed the episode written by Robert Berens (907).
    This is the episode where he starts to date a single mother, yes?

Sounds like....obviously, for Cas to call Dean, they didn't part on bad terms.....wonder who Crowley will call?

The ghostbusters.

No, but in all seriousness...I think it would fit into Supernatural's cheeky humor that Crowley calls upon a demon lawyer, lol.

And yes, you are correct...it would seem that Cas and Dean did not part ways on bad terms. Wonder what that conversation was like though on why Dean needed Cas to leave.

No I wouldn't think that they would part on bad terms. Why would Cas hold a grudge against Dean? I would still think that he's sad that he threw him out. I hope they at least adressed it.

So is this episode 6?

We all know how demons call hell. How or who does Crowley get the blood from?

So is this episode 6?
    Yes. And I wonder if we will see Cas between now and then. I hope so. OTOH, it kinda seems unlikely. The interview in Vancouver from 2 Oct suggests that they "catch back up to him" in EP 7 (which was the original episode number). So I could see them expositioning his departure next week, casual referencing to him in EP 5 and then he's back on screen. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the driver for shifting this episode forwards was to GET Cas back on-screen. "Bad Boys" seems Winchester-brother stand alone that is not driving the season plot (but IS character important).

With these thoughts, I can kind of live with no Cas until "Heaven Can't Wait" because I suspect that Cas is heavily involved in the resolution of the Metatron arc. So we'll definitely see him in at least EP10 and likely EP 9. That leaves EP 8 to ponder. If they are building up to a choice for Cas in the mid season cliffhanger, I would think we'd see some more of Cas' normal life before then. So maybe EP8 has a split story (like the premier). If not, then that leaves a more Cas-heavy back half of S9 -- which would be good. I really want Team Free Will together for more than 30 seconds.

And Team Free Will needs to now include Kevin. Dean made that pretty clear earlier about him now being family. I also get the feeling that Charlie will be more involved in the back half of the season....I am not sure about Garth's reappearance i.e DJ Quails' availability, but they might be priming Charlie to be the new Bobby or perhaps even Kevin. They might not have a new "Bobby" per se, but just the person(s) manning the fort. With all the technology in the bunker, and Kevin's being able to pull off the fake FBI call, makes sense for a computer geek to be required.

Crowley.....oh, what about Crowley? Love this character. I'm undecided if I would like to see him as 100% on board as part of the team with no agendas or back to the Crowley we first saw who was helping the boys keep Lucifer in his cage, obviously with his agenda of becoming King of Hell. Maybe helpful, but mostly not? How "cured" is he, really? Super excited to get more Crowley maybe next week.

As far as seeing more Cas, I'm thinking you are probably right....didn't spoilers also say that Cas' girlfriend would probably be recurring periodically? Cas is integral to restoring Heaven, Bartholomew is hell-bent on killing Cas, and not sure right now what Ezekiel's master plan is....and I don't think it's a good one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast