No announcement yet.

An outside the box theory on Bobby's return

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An outside the box theory on Bobby's return

Could he be Metatron's vessel or at least a vessel for Metatron as a way of spying on the boys and seeing what their plans are for trying to bring him down?

Marv is Metatron's "vessel" .... so Bobby will be Bobby I'm sure. The only "out of the box" I can think of for Bobby would be the vessel for God....and that's a huge box

You know, everybody is thinking that this is a huge deal, that the writers have never done this before and oh wow! what a surprise....what if it's just the Bobby comes back like he did in Swan Song? Simple...no fanfare....just "I'm baaack....."

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
      Marv is Metatron's "vessel" .... so Bobby will be Bobby I'm sure. The only "out of the box" I can think of for Bobby would be the vessel for God....and that's a huge box

You know, everybody is thinking that this is a huge deal, that the writers have never done this before and oh wow! what a surprise....what if it's just the Bobby comes back like he did in Swan Song? Simple...no fanfare....just "I'm baaack....."
      So you're thinking Jim and the producers may be overblowing the whole thing Sheltie? I could see that. :-)

Comment

Wouldn't be the first time Jim teased something in a tweet. The "we've never done this before, ever!" line could be a red herring. God I wish there were more bonafide spoilers

Comment

So much out of the box that it would just screw up everything regarding the whole bloodline being necessary for an angel's vessel and all. Doubt that Marv guy and Bobby would end up being brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
            So much out of the box that it would just screw up everything regarding the whole bloodline being necessary for an angel's vessel and all. Doubt that Marv guy and Bobby would end up being brothers.
            I now we have seen a pattern of Bloodline to Angel w/Jimmy and his Daughter, Adam, Dean,John. However, Nick and Sam didn't have any blood relation. In fairness his body was deteriorating. I know we have seen a Castiel did however say that if Sam didn't drink the demon blood than he wouldn't be able to sustain Lucifer.

Weren't you also arguing that Naomi wasn't IN a vessel while she was hopping from heaven to earth and back? Also Raphael may have been black both times he was in a vessel but there was no mention of a family tie.

So while there might be evidence in the affirmative that it must be blood related it seems as though 1. There are exceptions and 2. There hasn't been any CONCRETE evidence that it is a law that bloodline is critical.

I know this is a way outside the box theory but hey, this is half the fun kids.

Comment

Originally posted by waynedeath1047
              I now we have seen a pattern of Bloodline to Angel w/Jimmy and his Daughter, Adam, Dean,John. However, Nick and Sam didn't have any blood relation. In fairness his body was deteriorating. I know we have seen a Castiel did however say that if Sam didn't drink the demon blood than he wouldn't be able to sustain Lucifer.
              The bold. Yes, Nick and Sam have no blood relation, but Lucifer could have picked any "Plan B" vessel as long as they drank huge amounts of demon blood since Sam has to do the same even with that Cain/Abel bloodline that was so special with the Winchester brothers. You're saying Metatron would be similar? Would someone have to drink angel blood or something?

Weren't you also arguing that Naomi wasn't IN a vessel while she was hopping from heaven to earth and back?
              I was the one saying it WAS Naomi's vessel that was shown on Earth as it is is Heaven since we also saw Metatron's vessel Marv in Heaven, and Raphael's first vessel. You were the one saying she didn't have a vessel yet.

Also Raphael may have been black both times he was in a vessel but there was no mention of a family tie.
              It's not hard to think of that as truth, though. To question something like that would be to question anything shown on Supernatural.

So while there might be evidence in the affirmative that it must be blood related it seems as though 1. There are exceptions and 2. There hasn't been any CONCRETE evidence that it is a law that bloodline is critical.
              What we have seen in Supernatural is that yes, there has to be a bloodline, or why would it even be mentioned by Michael? What you bring up isn't concrete enough to say otherwise.

You say it's a fun thing to discuss, sure, if you think so. I'm just adding my two cents that is more than likely fact that your speculation won't happen and can't since it doesn't fit the perimeters of SPN's mythos and lore.
              Last edited by Anno_Domini; 08-18-2013, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Who says they have to be brothers and not just relatives of some sort. I apologize for forgetting about Michael but Cas was able to use Jimmy's daughter. For all we know Marv could be a cousin. Blood is blood right? Just saying.

Although I am kind of liking Sheltie's idea of Bobby being God's vessel. Really kind of sums up the show IMO. If anyone has the juice to really bring him back it's THE MAN.

Comment

It most certainly has to be a kind of bloodline that's relatively close, such as siblings, or father and son/daughter as we've seen with Jimmy's daughter being used as a vessel and Dean's father, John, being used as a vessel. But once again, I highly doubt Marv and Bobby are related at all.

If God were to use Bobby for a first time this season, then I can take that. I would have much preferred "Bobby" just being a vessel of God throughout the earlier seasons which is then revealed during season five when Dean's amulet became special since Bobby did give Sam that to give to John, knowing John wasn't going to end up getting it in the end.
                  Last edited by Anno_Domini; 08-22-2013, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎