In His Arms (PG-13) Season 10, during Collateral

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In His Arms (PG-13) Season 10, during Collateral

Greetings, fellow Chlolliers!

So, I saw this amazing still from of Chloe and Oliver from Collateral, and was totally inspired to write this teeny little oneshot. It is, to date, the quickest and shortest story I’ve ever written, but even at just over 800 words, of which only 8 are dialogue, I think it says exactly what it needs to say.

Enjoy!

And I love feedback. *hint-hint*

…and Oliver Queen’s arms. *slurp*

Title: In His Arms
    Author: BabyDee1
    Pairing: Chlollie
    Rating: PG13
    Warnings: None
    Timeline: Season 10 (Collateral)
    Disclaimer: All characters belong to the CW & DC comics.
    Summary: After months of separation, Chloe finally gets to hold her hero again
    A/N: Quick oneshot inspired by the awesome newly-released Chlollie still

Here we can bathe
    In a love that’s divine
    Here we can know
    I am yours, you are mine
    Here in your arms
    That are faithful and strong
    Here with you
    This is where I belong…

- Murlough Bay, by Iona

In His Arms

“Are we dead?”

Chloe stared into Oliver’s eyes as he regarded her warily. Considering that they’d just jumped off a fifty-storey building and plummeted in a head-first free-fall towards the ground, it was a very valid question.

Or at least, it would be if the virtual world Oliver had recently been released from was real.

He stared at her with raised eyebrows, waiting for her answer.

Chloe smiled up at him and lifted her hands, placing them gently on his cheeks. “You tell me.”

She tilted his face down towards hers, also getting up on her tip-toes just in case. It had been a while, but she remembered just how tall he was and knew exactly where she needed to be for this. Their lips met, and her nerves exploded with desire as he claimed her mouth and immediately took control of the embrace, kissing her thoroughly, almost as if he were afraid she might disappear on him again.

Oliver’s lips clung to hers and a languid peace washed over her, making her sigh contentedly into his mouth. Yes. This was what she’d missed, what her heart had craved and sought for so long.

His arms encircled her, lifting her higher until her feet lightly swept the floor and then left it completely. Her entire body was pressed against the length of his; heat rapidly bloomed between them, almost fusing their bodies in its intensity. His tongue swept into her mouth and Chloe moaned with longing; her legs automatically left the floor and found purchase around his waist, locking securely around his hips.

She stroked her tongue back and forth along the length of his and slid her fingers into his hair, pulling him even closer, kissing him with all the passion and yearning that had churned tumultuously in her heart for the last six months. His own body was thrumming, singing the same song as hers.

I missed you.

His hands roamed freely over her back, clearly getting reacquainted with the lines of her body. A burgeoning hardness between her thighs elicited a low moan from her throat, and she reached for the hem of his t-shirt…

…just as the dim thud of footsteps and the chatter of approaching voices sunk into her subconscious mind, shattering the languorous mood.

With a sigh, Chloe slowly broke the kiss and uncrossed her legs from his waist. Oliver gently lowered her to the floor, careful to maintain body contact with her throughout. She could feel the heavy rise and fall of his chest and the solid thump of his heart against her breast, the warmth of his breath making her nerves tingle and the wispy ends of her hair flutter every time he exhaled. His arms remained around her, almost as if he were afraid to let go.

Chloe breathed deeply, inhaling the very essence of him into her soul as she gently caressed the back of his neck, her fingertips swirling in soothing circles on his nape in silent reassurance of her presence.

I’m not going anywhere. I’m home.

The sound of footsteps was closer now, and she knew she had to leave the comfort and security of his embrace very soon. Rescuing Oliver was the tip of the iceberg of a very serious mission. There was a lot more work to be done tonight; the others had yet to be liberated, and Oliver was sure to have questions for her when the night was done.

But for now, it was enough for her that he was here, that he was safe, and they were together.

He stepped slightly out of her embrace but still kept his arms around her. The heat of his palms warmed her back, and she smiled shyly up at him.

“Hi,” she whispered.

He brushed his nose delicately over hers and grinned. “Hi.”

The wait was over.

They were home.

The End.

I just saw this picture yesterday and it is so gorgeous that it made me want to visit some chlollie fics. I hardly ever read their fics, but this picture says so much. When I saw your title, I thought could this have anything to do with that photo of them and it was the first thing I saw when I clicked the link. I love how you have them so wrapped up in each other that the approaching footsteps don't cause them to break full contact. I really enjoyed this, it was just as satisfying as that photo. The picture is just so beautifully intimate. The placement of his hands, that little smile she's giving him and she's so tiny in his arms, I think that's what I love about it most. I've seen how some people have gotten creative (art wise) with this picture,especially with the lighting. I just love how it inspired you to write. Great Job.

Comment

Originally posted by chlarkluva
      I just saw this picture yesterday and it is so gorgeous that it made me want to visit some chlollie fics. I hardly ever read their fics, but this picture says so much. When I saw your title, I thought could this have anything to do with that photo of them and it was the first thing I saw when I clicked the link. I love how you have them so wrapped up in each other that the approaching footsteps don't cause them to break full contact. I really enjoyed this, it was just as satisfying as that photo.
      Thanks so much, chlarkluva! The picture is simply stunning; as soon as I saw it, the story wrote itself in less than 40 minutes. Fastest story I've ever turned out, and I'm very pleased with it. I'm glad you are, too!

The picture is just so beautifully intimate. The placement of his hands, that little smile she's giving him and she's so tiny in his arms, I think that's what I love about it most.
      EXACTLY. The simple intimacy of the hold, the look on Oliver's face and that hint of a smile on Chloe's cheek, like they're in their own little world and nothing else exists...and those arms. Gawd, those arms! Totally swoonworthy. YUM!

I've seen how some people have gotten creative (art wise) with this picture,especially with the lighting. I just love how it inspired you to write. Great Job.
      Thanks again for your review, hun, and your kind words! Much appreciated.

Comment

Wow!!!

Perfect!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mari2Anne
          Wow!!!

Perfect!!!
          I'm so glad you like it, my sweet!

Comment

a simple and nice story.

Comment

Originally posted by trinna
              a simple and nice story.
              Glad you like, Trinna!

Comment

Ahh this is beautiful! I love Chlollie so much and there just isn't enough fic out there for them. Thank you!

Comment

Thanks for your kind comments, meggie! So glad you liked it.

If you're looking for more Chlollie, a good place to start is the Chlollie Community on LiveJournal. There are links to archived works of loads of Chlollie writers. You'll be reading for years to come!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎