Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12th Doctor to be revealed this weekend. OFFICIAL BBC STATEMENT!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12th Doctor to be revealed this weekend. OFFICIAL BBC STATEMENT!!!

Here we go again.

Comment

It's Peter Capaldi (who appeared in Fires of Pompei).

Comment

Good choice and he was the favourite in the betting.

Comment

So cool and he kinda looks like David too! Congratulations to Peter Capaldi and I cannot wait to see him as our dear Doctor.

Comment

He was in Torchwood

Comment

Nice! Liana will be happy: this guy is basically as old as Hartnell was when he took on the role. I was thinking of an older Doctor as well so that's good. You know, since they went in that direction, I wonder what it would have been like if say, John Noble had been cast? I kept thinking he would be a good Doctor when I watched Fringe.

Comment

When Zoe Ball was introducing him she kept going on and I honestly thought she was going to say she was the new Doctor. Anyone else think that?

When Peter was standing there after being introduced I think he couldn't believe it. He looked like he was shocked too like the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
                  Nice! Liana will be happy: this guy is basically as old as Hartnell was when he took on the role. I was thinking of an older Doctor as well so that's good. You know, since they went in that direction, I wonder what it would have been like if say, John Noble had been cast? I kept thinking he would be a good Doctor when I watched Fringe.
                  You are right, Ex. I'm so happy with this choice you can't even begin to imagine! I was positive they would go with a young doctor, and I'm glad I was wrong. And he looks like he could be a great doctor.

Comment

Some people on the DW Facebook page said that officials confiscated phones before they did a rehearsal earlier today. So I wonder if word started to circulate through the crowd as they waited outside or something. Pretty smart they thought to do that.

Also did anyone notice that when the show first started on BBC America they had a still shot of the other Doctors and were saying stay tuned for the live announcement of the 12th Doctor? It stayed on for about 30 secs. Why did they do that? Were people still entering the building and getting seated or maybe they were giving last minute instructions to the crowd about what to do and not do?

im just wondering if maybe that same shot was on BBC One before it started. Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
                      im just wondering if maybe that same shot was on BBC One before it started. Anyone know?
                      Wasn't on the BBC One feed.

Comment

Ok ty gmster. Wonder if they were trying to perfect the feed to BBC America or just getting everyone settled with last minute instructions. It was right after the credits for The End Of Time rolled.

Btw I noticed that there was a DW marathon planned today. Originally The Eleventh Hour was slated to air but it was changed to the live special on Fri or Sat. Is this just a weird coincidence or did someone at the channel maybe know an announcement was forthcoming?

Also once the special was done they said we were going back to regularly scheduled programming but it went to The Doctors Revisited: The First Doctor. I thought it would've aired The Eleventh Hour instead. The rest of the day was the other Revisited eps which is pretty cool.

Is Matt ok? When he gave his taped speech to Peter Matt seemed distracted. He looked like he was shivering a little. Maybe he was sad or something and I just hope hes ok.
                        Last edited by Austin 3:16; 08-04-2013, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Capaldi is a great choice. I know Matt Smith has an army of fans, but personally I've never warmed to him as the doctor - I hope Peter C. makes the show a must see for me again, as it was a few years ago.

Comment

Yep, he works for me. He should start filming soon. Can't wait to see what he'll be wearing.

Comment

I kinda hope the outfit he wore for the reveal is kinda what he will wear as The Doctor.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎