X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it still coming out October 25th?

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
      Is it still coming out October 25th?
      Yes both Arkham Origins and Arkham Orgins Blackgate come out on October 25th.

Comment

I didn't get to play the game, but I watched the entire walkthrough on Youtube. I was not impressed with the story.

Comment

So I've been playing this game on the PS3. I even purchased the season pass for $20. I'm hoping the dlc starts to come out soon, because I'm already done with the main story and the challenge maps aren't that impressive. The story mode to this game is the shortest of all the Arkham games. But you'll probably have a lot still left to do after the story mode is over with all the side missions and extra bad guys that you go after.

I'll probably play the plus mode soon after I find all the Enigma Data packs that are laying all over Gotham. Enigma as we know is The Riddler. Of course since this is a prequel he's not known as The Riddler in this game. Much like in the other games you have to search all over the place for these green colored data pack that you have to figure out how to grab. You know all those pressure pad and password locked places. But they also throw in these Comm Station towers that Enigma has hacked into that prevents you from doing fast travel through the city. You have to figure out how to enter these towers and hack them to disable them. Enigma has a hq that you find right away near the start of the game. Only you can't really do anything in there until you hack all the comm towers. Even then your not done yet. in order to go through the door that is in there you have to find all the data packs.

So the game is basically about Black Mask hiring all these assassins to find a kill The Batman. Although there's a little bit of a plot twist on this whole Black Mask thing. Most of the bad guys are not impressive. But I will say that some of the boss battles are awesome. I enjoyed fighting Deathstroke, Firefly and Bane. I think I got a little bit of a panic attack during the final Bane battle. But after a few tries fighting him he turned out to be a little easy. You fight Bane several times.

The game plays exactly like the past two games. The gadgets are all the same except for a few new ones. Some of these new gadgets make the game way too easy to play. Especially those electrical gauntlets you get from the Electrocutioner. You can pretty much take out groups of bad guys quickly with them, especially after you upgrade them. there's another gadget as well that makes the game too easy. One of the coolest new features allows Batman to re-create crimes scenes using his detective mode. Where is this function in Asylum and City if this is a prequel. I would thing Batman would continue using them. Using clues found at crimes scenes you can re-create crimes and make them forward and reverse to find clues. Then figure them out and find the suspects.

Things I didn't like about the game. They reuse some of the lower maps sections of Arkham City. Such as the Bowery and Industrial District. They connect this section of old Gotham with New Gotham via a long bridge, that for me was annoying. Although this bridge plays a big part in the game where you have to find bombs and disable them. The outcome is the Firefly boss battle. Good thing is that there is fast travel. As already mentioned you can only use fast travel to certain areas once you deactivate Enigma's comm tower within those areas. When you use fast travel you just go to the map and click over the arrow symbol in that section of Gotham and you get a cutscene of Batman traveling to that location.

Another thing I don't like, glitches, glitches and more glitches, including slow frame rate, freezing, getting stuck and phasing through objects. No this is not just a PS3 thing. The PC and Xbox version are also experiencing many of these things. I believe a patch was released but there is still frame rate issues and other annoyances. The frame rate problem happens when you're speeding through Gotham. In other words zip lining, or gliding. It gets choppy and will occasionally freezes up. There are a few areas that Batman will get stuck and not be able to move out of. Not only that but some, including myself have reported the game starting up and Batman being phased halfway into the floor. There are also some weird things that happen if you respond to criminal activities. These criminal activities happen randomly through the game. Police dispatch report them and it's up to you as to whether you want to respond or not. It does help with building up the xp. But some of the problems that happen are beating up criminals and suddenly being told that you have solved the problem when you haven't. You get the xp, so I guess you can leave, but that's gotta be a glitch. another problem is the bad guys suddenly doing nothing, they just stand there.

So the game isn't a great game. It's good and if you enjoyed the previous games and wanted a little more you'll enjoy it but hopefully the glitches get fixed so that people can really enjoy the game. It's the same old thing, nothing new.

Comment

I didn't get the game yet.

Comment

So I've been playing his game again, especially because of the new Cold, Cold Heart dlc story. Obviously about Mr. Freeze and his origin. The story takes place right after the game ends. It's an actual fun game. Actual time to finish it is 1 hour and 30 minutes. Even with the bonus stuff they throw in there. One of the best uses of the detective mode in this game is re-creating the explosion that turned Freeze into who he is.

The game starts at Wayne Manor where Penguin's thugs burst into the place thanks to Freeze's freeze blast gun. Freeze is after Ferris Boyle. As Bruce Wayne you have to defeat the goons and eventually change into Batman to follow Freeze to his hideout...The Gothcorp building. You can get yourself a trophy if you manage to get through the entire Bruce Wayne segment without taking a hit. Soon after Freeze and Penguin have a fallout. You have to deal with Penguin and his goons and then later in the finale you battle Freeze. the battle itself is pretty much the same as it was in Arkham City only you can actually repeat the same attacks on Freeze. Plus the area you fight him in makes the boss battle a little more difficult.

Other bonuses in the game have you going after Anarky's goons again and stopping the bombs they've planted, stop them all, get a trophy. A new Batsuit allows you to go into places you couldn't before because of freezing. The gloves on this suit allow you to thaw out cops that have been frozen around the map and within buildings. Thaw them all out and you get a trophy. There are also more Anarky tags around the city to find in detective mode. Find all, get a trophy.

My biggest problem is that there is no fix for the frame rate lagging. It's still terrible as ever. there are places you're zipping through or gliding through and everything slows down, skip around and gets close to freezing up. It's ridiculous. there are places that as you enter a room filled with thugs, everything starts to lag again.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎