Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Wolverine

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

saw it finally aaaaaaand i think...it was pretty good. not a big wolverine fan but this movie made me like him quite a bit. a lot of great character moments in this film. a solid B+ overall

Comment

Originally posted by starflower69
      Well I saw shots of him at the end with his claws out and not the slightest bit of adamantium in them. So I assumed that [SPOILER] the Samurai suit had drained the adamantium out of him when, it hooked into his claws [/SPOILER] but maybe I'm mistaken.
      His skeleton is still inact. They were trying to [SPOILER] extract his healing factor from him somehow, not quite sure how. The Adamantium should still be bonded to him. The only thing they did to his skeleton was cut his claws off, which I'm still at a loss to figure out how, because the movies own canon keeps referencing adamantium as indestructible, but they keep cutting it and blowing holes into it in these solo films [/SPOILER] So yeah, I'm not really sure what to think about that.

Comment

Twentieth Century Fox has begun negotiations with James Mangold to return to direct a follow up to The Wolverine, with Hugh Jackman on board to reprise the titular character for a seventh time. It was assumed that Jackman's role in Bryan Singer's upcoming X-Men: Days Of Future Past might mark the actor's final appearance.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/james-mangold-hugh-jackman-sinking-claws-into-another-the-wolverine-film/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Comment

Okay finally watched it.
          What I liked:
          *The different take on the Silver Samurai
          *The scene were Logan is attacked by the ninja and is taken down
          *The chemistry between Logan and Mariko
          *Every scene with Yukio
          *Jean being in a white room, an illusion to the white hot room

What I did not like:
          *Logan's lack of respect or understanding for Japanese culture, unlike the comics.
          *The fight scene on top of the bullet train. It should have ended with Logan tossing the thugs outside
          *Wolverine' s obsession with Jeans death.I would have added in scenes with Cyclops and Xavier in Wolverine' s dreams. Obviously not in the bed though.
          *The lack of physical damage on Wolverine popping out his claws while his mutant gene is suppressed.
          * Yukio not being in the end tag.

After some consideration, I give this film 7/10. Better then Wolverine: Origins, but still having obvious flaws.
          Last edited by Degobunny; 12-27-2013, 05:04 PM.

Comment

I liked this film, until the twist. It leaves you wondering why the bad guy bothered with this charade, rather than just grabbing Logan, at the first opportunity, rather than pretending to be dead.

Liked the characters of Mariko and Yukio.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎