Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #9.04

#9.04

No title, but I can't believe no one has mentioned this before. Charlie's returning in the fourth episode...an episode detailing the ORGINS of the Men of Letters!

Felicia Day will reprise her role as Charlie on Supernatural in the fourth episode of Season 9, the show's executive producers revealed Sunday.

...showrunner Jeremy Carver shed some light on her episode in later interviews. "We're going to see her early on in a really fun episode that delves back into the earliest days of the Men of Letters. Literally, the first two Men of Letters turning the key into a bunker that's never been used before in 1935," he said. "The first case they're coming up against involves The Wizard of Oz in a way that we've never really seen that story approached before."

I'm very excited for this episode. I love the Men of Letters and Charlie is one of my favourite characters. I think she'd be great as a Woman of Letters! Carver also said that they have big plans for her this season. I'd die to see Charlie working with Kevin, Garth and Castiel! :P

Interesting....I wonder if this is another time travel episode? So, I guess the Wizard of Oz was a real person and was the first Man of Letters? or something like that.

So did anybody ever hear if DJ Quails was returning as Garth or is Charlie the new "Bobby?"

Forum Whiz
    I am thinking perhaps she takes up Sam's offer to go through the archives and get a flashback/flashforward episode. Time travel might make it murky unless they go with a predestination paradox. Good idea for an episode though. I do with they would have brought back the Alpha Vamp for Halloween but I can dig this.

They could still bring back the Alpha Vamp for a Halloween-esque episode because the earliest that would be would be the fifth episode and the latest would be like the seventh episode or so.

And I think the episode will definitely start as a flashback and then show Charlie entering the bunker to check out the archives as you brought up. Highly doubt it'll be a straight time travel episode. The only time I want to see time travel be used is Sam and Dean going back in time during their father's childhood. I would love if they had John bullied as a kid which is similar to Sam as he was bullied when he was a kid too.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSheltie View Post
    Interesting....I wonder if this is another time travel episode? So, I guess the Wizard of Oz was a real person and was the first Man of Letters? or something like that.

So did anybody ever hear if DJ Quails was returning as Garth or is Charlie the new "Bobby?"
    The Wizard of Oz could definitely be a real person...it would be cool that Oz is an actual place too, lol.

And Garth could still show up...would be interesting that fairies kidnapped him because wasn't his first assignment as a hunter was killing the Tooth Fairy? Lol.

It will be a flashback episode:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/08/01/nc...s-la-spoilers/

That Men of Letters stuff is just the gift that keeps on giving. It’s no secret that I was a big fan of the introduction of this mythology last year, and EP Jeremy Carver told me this week that they intend to ride the MOL train into this season. “We’ll be delving a lot more into that,” he says, “and in fact we’ll be seeing the very first two hunters to ever be stationed at the men of letters bunker. That’s a really, really fun episode we have coming up early in the season where we will be flashing back to 1935.”
    Going by that site, I wish I knew what episode is all about Doctor Dean-Little....

Title is "Slumber Party".

The episode will feature a flashback to the 1930's with a character called Haggerty. It will also feature a huntress called Dorothy.
    Dorothy? And this episode deals with The Wizard of Oz? LOL.

Yes, THAT Dorothy(apparently):

Casey: Supernatural scoop, pretty please, with sugar and a cherry on top?!
    Fine, but only because we're hungry. Prepare for flashbacks to the ‘30s in episode four, which is titled "Slumber Party." In the same episode, we'll meet a young new hunter named Dorothy, who is from a very far away land that is supposed to be fictional. Keywords here: "supposed to be."

Forum Whiz
    Maybe this is tied into an over-arching plot on where Angels and Demons go in death. Maybe she used a God weapon and somehow got blasted to Oz. Now this really isn't all that bad of an idea. Execution is crucial though.

At least in this episode hopefully we'll find out "where did they get those wonderful toys?"
    Last edited by waynedeath1047; 08-11-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Forum Whiz
    Or perhaps we are they going to rehash the Tulpa? I have been kind of working on an end game theory regarding whether they are really going to pull the trigger and actually introduce God. It all revolves around the what we saw in "The French Mistake" in that there is a different kind of universe out there and it can be bent by those we in the end put in power and the quote "If God didn't exist then man would create him." Perhaps things are getting so absurd that it's time to start seeing behind the curtain?

Haggerty has been cast. And it seems like a odd choice, imo.

The CW is adding a dash of ABC's Whodunnit for its upcoming ninth season. Gildart Jackson, the host of the freshman murder-mystery reality competition, has landed a guest gig on the upcoming season of the CW's Supernatural.

The actor, who plays Butler Giles on the summer series, will play Haggerty, a veteran member of the Men of Letters, and appear during a 1930 flashback. Jackson will first appear in the fourth episode of the season, titled "Slumber Party," with an opportunity to return later this season.
    Last edited by Anno_Domini; 08-12-2013 at 04:25 PM.

Forum Whiz
    Good casting.

http://www.ksitetv.com/supernatural/...icia-day/25229

FELICIA DAY RETURNS AS CHARLIE/SAM, DEAN AND CHARLIE MEET DOROTHY FROM OZ --- Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) discover that the table in the Men of Letters house (the one that lit up like a Christmas Tree when the angels fell), has an ancient computer attached to it. They figure if they can get the computer on, they can track the angels. Who better to call for help than the best IT girl there is, Charlie (guest star Felicia Day)? While moving the massive computer, they dislodge a hidden hexbag that unleashes a magical green-webbed wall. Sam and Dean break through it and discover the one and only Dorothy (guest star Tiio Horn) from Oz. She had trapped herself and the wicked witch (guest star Maya Massar) in the web years ago to stop the witch from finding the key that would open the gate that connected their world with Oz. With the wall broken, a massive and magical fight ensues that threatens to destroy the Men of Letters house. Robert Singer directed the episode written by Robbie Thompson(#904).

Holy Awesome Batman!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast