Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ackles teases Deans "Secret" about Sam.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ackles teases Deans "Secret" about Sam.

Someone’s got a secret on Supernatural, and it’s a major one. When the CW series returns Tuesday, Oct. 15, the Winchesters will have to band together like never before to deal with the aftermath of Metatron’s actions in Heaven, not to mention handling Crowley and his ilk. But all of that may prove difficult when […]

Someone’s got a secret on Supernatural, and it’s a major one.
    When the CW series returns Tuesday, Oct. 15, the Winchesters will have to band together like never before to deal with the aftermath of Metatron’s actions in Heaven, not to mention handling Crowley and his ilk.
    But all of that may prove difficult when a key piece of intel threatens to pull the brothers apart.

“They’ve got angels, they’ve got demons and all the other stuff in between to now deal with,” star Jensen Ackles previewed at Comic-Con. “They’ve got to figure out how to navigate the terrain with all the new elements. They’re really going to need each other more than ever at this point, and they’re going to have to rely on each other more than ever, which is going to be difficult because there’s a secret that Dean is harboring right now from Sam.”
    So what is this hidden info, which Ackles called “one of the bigger issues of the series” and “a massive wrench” in the brothers’ relationship?
    “It really heavily involves Sam,” revealed his costar Jared Padalecki. “It even has a lot to do with why Sam’s still alive.”

While the outcome of the secret is good – Sam’s still here, after all! — the elder Winchester is not feeling so great about keeping it under wraps. “Dean is continuing to lie to Sam, and he’s hating it every step of the way,” continued Padalecki. “And Sam can’t really tell. Sam’s like, ‘OK, I remember our conversation about teamwork, so I’m going to take you at your word.’ But when Sam finds out, s–t’s going to hit the fan.”

Padalecki, however, is optimistic. “I hope Sam will understand,” he said. “I’m sure there will be a time when he does not, when he’s upset just because Dean begged him to stop something and offered honesty and partnership and then, right off the bat, is keeping a secret… I like Sam being alive, so I hope he forgives the guy.”

In the meantime, the Winchesters will find themselves fighting side by side. “Given the fact that the brothers chose each other, essentially, instead of closing the gates of Hell, that has now given them a lot to deal with,” teased Ackles, adding that the enormity of their new fallen angel reality means “they’re really going to have to unite… For right now, they’re on the same page. We’ll see how long that lasts.”

I was a bit annoyed when I first read this since it's the same as always. One of them keeping a secret from the other and then getting mad. We've been seeing this since Dean kept that "save him or kill him" secret from Sam in S2.

Especially, as Jared says, since they had that conversation in the chapel. I thought every single issue they had had since Sam drinking demon blood was fixed and that they would be 100% with each other in this season.

But hey, if it really is that big, let's see what happens. I have to say I'm truly excited to find about.

To me, it smells like Lucifer not letting Sam die.

Comment

I'm like... "Again?" How many times have gone thorugh this?

Comment

I really am getting tired of the secrets between the brothers. It NEVER ends good. I don't see where in Sacrifice that Dean would have had any opportunity to consult with Lucifer or anybody, but hey that's what recons are for....

But I'm 100% on board with any story line that will bring Lucifer back.

I just hope it's not something lame like Dean let Sam be the one to do the trials.....

Comment

Also:

"There is a situation that is happening that Dean is aware of and is having to keep quiet about and it's a very substantial secret," Ackles said. However, it sounds like fans won't have to wait long to get the dirt on what Dean is hiding. "There's a real surprise in the first episode that no one's going to see coming. There's going to be a few gasps," executive producer Robert Singer said. "It's something new for them. We've never done it before. I've never seen it done before."

Comment

I wonder if it is God....? God is the one thing that they have danced around on this show. Chuck had originally been God I believe, but this has been changed a bit because of the comments about the succession of prophets, etc. Castiel mentioned that Chuck must be dead if Kevin is now the prophet....he wasn't totally sure. Kripke had intended Swan Song to be the finale (at least under his watch) and Chuck was God...but then with the after-Kripke incarnation of the show, this is now muddied. God and Chuck are referred to as separate entities....

Sam was/is/always will be Lucifer's vessel and permanently associated with him and we have seen Lucifer in much detail on this show. Dean was/is/always will be associated with Michael...but what if, in actuality, it is God? Hell and Lucifer, Heaven and God....you think of God when you think of Heaven, not Michael.

It certainly would be new.

What would totally rock the boat is Jesus.....

Comment

I hate the secrets between the two and the fact they are going to drag it out for most of the season.

Comment

Whatever is mentioned on Comic-Con should just go on that one thread for Comic-Con spoilers, but aside from my little nitpick...I have no idea on what Dean does to cure Sam...I don't think someone like God would make a deal for someone to be cured, unless that deal is for Dean to save Heaven. Who knows, maybe that could be a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                  Whatever is mentioned on Comic-Con should just go on that one thread for Comic-Con spoilers, but aside from my little nitpick...I have no idea on what Dean does to cure Sam...I don't think someone like God would make a deal for someone to be cured, unless that deal is for Dean to save Heaven. Who knows, maybe that could be a possibility.
                  This wasn't published until Monday after con. I missed the small part where it said it was at comic con but that thread is getting large and this is big enough for it's own thread

If I feel something deserves it's own thread that's where it's going go. This isn't my first message board rodeo. When you have threads that get to be packed with messages important stuff often gets overlooked.
                  Last edited by waynedeath1047; 07-25-2013, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Someone had this idea that it could be Dean secretly feeding demon blood to Sam. Which would be HUGE considering how mad Dean was about the whole demon blood thing. And also because of how bad the withdrawal was for Sam.

Could the demon blood heal him? I guess that would open the doors for Lucifer and The End in 2014...

Comment

WOW, that is totally out-of-the-box thinking! I really like this.....Dean was okay with Sam drinking gallons to throw Lucifer back in the cage, but this is a whole new Dean here if he is slipping the blood to Sam. Might be an underlying reason why the names of demons is key to the boys at first, or at least to Dean.

The demon blood would heal Sam, no doubt, it is a part of him, has been since a baby more or less. Sam getting weakened and sick from the first two trials, only to start kind of tripping on the fact that he was being "purified" and now obviously at the end of Sacrifice being pretty much stomped upon....nice theory!

However, this whole "keeping secrets" from each other is like beating a dead horse. It's been overdone IMO. It never ends well, and it's starting to get annoying, regardless of what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by waynedeath1047
                        This wasn't published until Monday after con. I missed the small part where it said it was at comic con but that thread is getting large and this is big enough for it's own thread

If I feel something deserves it's own thread that's where it's going go. This isn't my first message board rodeo. When you have threads that get to be packed with messages important stuff often gets overlooked.
                        I sense it is your first rodeo because that one thread isn't packed at all, so you're just blowing smoke my friend. It's better to compact one thread when it pertains to a weekend event like Comic-Con then clutter up the first page of threads that all have one thing in common such as Comic-Con

Comment

Originally posted by Uve23
                          Someone had this idea that it could be Dean secretly feeding demon blood to Sam. Which would be HUGE considering how mad Dean was about the whole demon blood thing. And also because of how bad the withdrawal was for Sam.

Could the demon blood heal him? I guess that would open the doors for Lucifer and The End in 2014...
                          It could heal him in the effect that, while Sam said the trials were purifying him, the end game would be the trials ultimately killing him as well, so feeding him demon blood could reverse the trials effects maybe.

Very nice idea though! I like it.

Comment

Jim Beaver spoiled on twitter he's in the premeire...he's on the set now--could Bobby's appearance be tied to Dean's secret and Sam's cure?

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                              I sense it is your first rodeo because that one thread isn't packed at all, so you're just blowing smoke my friend. It's better to compact one thread when it pertains to a weekend event like Comic-Con then clutter up the first page of threads that all have one thing in common such as Comic-Con
                              One was a PANEL and the other was an separate interview done by a separate outlet.

No one is giving a two craps but you. So while you keep playing "King and Lord Ruler of the Message Board" I'll just not care and do what I want within the parameters of the rules. You dig?
                              Last edited by waynedeath1047; 07-26-2013, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎