Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 106 to 118 of 118
  1. #106
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Jun 13
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by Ho66 View Post
    Ok I gotta say, I loved this episode, I really hope bloodlines gets picked up, cuz I think it will be awesome, it'll be a different show to supernatural like dabb has said, and that's why it will work. It won't be better than supernatural, cuz supernatural is my favourite show, but I think it has really great potential. I know a lot of supernatural fans hate it, but so what, I think it will attract new fans who don't watch supernatural, and I for one will defo be watching it. But people who don't like it, I hope they don't give people who do like it a load of crap about it, cuz we all have different taste, and if you don't like it, don't watch it. Simple.

    Eh, we're all nerds here man. We all like things that most people hate so it would be pretty hypocritical to slam people for liking this of all things. I'm just very vocal in not seeing the same qualities in it that you do more so in an effort to see if you can convince me otherwise. I just feel this was painful to watch and I don't think I can go through this all again for 10 seasons.

  2. #107
    Onward Season 10! Anno_Domini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Posts
    3,923
    Then don't sit through it for ten seasons, lol. I can't promise that I could sit through ten seasons of Bloodlines, but I'd like to see where it's going for sure. Lately, I've gotten hope in that Andrew Dabb went right to Eric Kripke about the spin-off. If it's got that man's approval, I could see some great things happening to the spin-off. "Bloodlines" the episode was a decent start, but it had so much going for it that I'll be glad to see how it all slowly pans out with the new series.

  3. #108
    Onward Season 10! Anno_Domini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Posts
    3,923
    Well, people liked the backdoor pilot episode as much as people hated it and the latter group got their wish as the CW passed on the Bloodlines spin-off. I hope we get to enter that world sometime during season ten though and at least go through those storylines in a mini arc.

  4. #109
    Season TWELVE!!! SuperSheltie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,398
    Well, at least they picked up the show about an artificially inseminated virgin.....

  5. #110
    Onward Season 10! Anno_Domini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Posts
    3,923
    What can I say…the CW always takes two steps forward and three steps back. You can probably tell which step it was with moving "Jane the Virgin" to series, lol.

  6. #111
    Forum Whiz gmster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Posts
    914
    THR notes that The CW is still open to the idea of a spin-off, down the line.

  7. #112
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Jun 13
    Posts
    533
    I just don't think the Bloodlines idea was fleshed out enough to give it a fighting chance. They had so much back history with monsters, especially the things that make them interesting, as well as characters like The Alpha Vampire and what not to work with and they decided to go with what they did and it just wasn't very compelling at all. I didn't care about once character in the episode and I thought the acting was terrible and the plot predictable. It was the very definition of a filler episode. Unmemorable in the least. They could have changed the game but they decided to go par for the course.

    If they wanted to do something interesting with monsters they should have had them organizing against and on the offensive against Angels, demons, and hunters after the devastation they caused in season 6 and 7 to their kind. Instead of having another group of hunters why not have a group of resistance monsters and have them play on the audience's sympathies instead? Maybe look for a way to avoid purgatory because it isn't their fault they are what they are or something that takes away the automatic disdain we are meant to have for them because Hunters = Good and Monsters = Bad. Look at how well this show can do that with demons like Meg and Crowley and Angels like Cas and Gabriel. And a Vampire like Benny. Benny could have carried his own show easily. Wasted opportunities and terrible contrived writing will get you nowhere.
    Last edited by waynedeath1047; 05-09-2014 at 02:48 AM.

  8. #113
    Forum Regular taftvalue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    somewhere in the desert
    Posts
    362
    ^so much this

  9. #114
    Onward Season 10! Anno_Domini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Posts
    3,923
    Quote Originally Posted by gmster View Post
    THR notes that The CW is still open to the idea of a spin-off, down the line.
    I would hope that there are no more spin-off ideas. The one thing I liked about Bloodlines is that they were new characters and I wouldn't want to see any spin-off ideas using characters that are well known to the mother ship already.

    Quote Originally Posted by waynedeath1047 View Post
    I just don't think the Bloodlines idea was fleshed out enough to give it a fighting chance. They had so much back history with monsters, especially the things that make them interesting, as well as characters like The Alpha Vampire and what not to work with and they decided to go with what they did and it just wasn't very compelling at all. I didn't care about once character in the episode and I thought the acting was terrible and the plot predictable. It was the very definition of a filler episode. Unmemorable in the least. They could have changed the game but they decided to go par for the course.

    If they wanted to do something interesting with monsters they should have had them organizing against and on the offensive against Angels, demons, and hunters after the devastation they caused in season 6 and 7 to their kind. Instead of having another group of hunters why not have a group of resistance monsters and have them play on the audience's sympathies instead? Maybe look for a way to avoid purgatory because it isn't their fault they are what they are or something that takes away the automatic disdain we are meant to have for them because Hunters = Good and Monsters = Bad. Look at how well this show can do that with demons like Meg and Crowley and Angels like Cas and Gabriel. And a Vampire like Benny. Benny could have carried his own show easily. Wasted opportunities and terrible contrived writing will get you nowhere.
    After season six, monsters were looked on as "garbage" to beings like angels and demons, so I don't think a show like that could work with using a resistance of monsters against those kinds of threat. If season six were different, or if monsters were actually looked on as a threat, then I could see it making some sense, imo. Before the sixth season, I could see monsters having their say for once but they were made out to be extremely weak.

  10. #115
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Jun 13
    Posts
    533
    All the more reason to build them back up as a force to be reckoned with. I think the leviathan story line even though we may disagree on how intimidating they were really showed what a monster could do with the right mindset. Even the werewolf cult storyline from earlier this season would be interesting if they told it right. See, that's the only thing that this spinoff had going for it and at the same time didn't take it nearly far enough. The whole 5 monster families were obviously monsters who were smart enough to beat the system. But there was really no x-factor to what their endgame as monsters of crime would be. Now sure, I suppose we would have ti have watched more in order to grasp that concept but there was just nothing more I wanted to see.

    At the end of the day monsters are just humans with powers. We have seen good monsters before. I don't see why a band of wayward monsters who have a purpose couldn't work even in the aftermath of season 6. I am just not convinced someone couldn't amp them up with the right direction. If they did I would certainly like 12 out of 23 episodes per season a whole hell of a lot more.
    Last edited by waynedeath1047; 05-10-2014 at 10:24 PM.

  11. #116
    Madman With A Blue Box Austin 3:16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    7,385
    Im thinking maybe there being 5 monster families was too much. They should have started slower and then could have expanded later on. It was a lot to take in for a backdoor pilot u know?

  12. #117
    Onward Season 10! Anno_Domini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Posts
    3,923
    Quote Originally Posted by waynedeath1047 View Post
    All the more reason to build them back up as a force to be reckoned with. I think the leviathan story line even though we may disagree on how intimidating they were really showed what a monster could do with the right mindset. Even the werewolf cult storyline from earlier this season would be interesting if they told it right. See, that's the only thing that this spinoff had going for it and at the same time didn't take it nearly far enough. The whole 5 monster families were obviously monsters who were smart enough to beat the system. But there was really no x-factor to what their endgame as monsters of crime would be. Now sure, I suppose we would have ti have watched more in order to grasp that concept but there was just nothing more I wanted to see.

    At the end of the day monsters are just humans with powers. We have seen good monsters before. I don't see why a band of wayward monsters who have a purpose couldn't work even in the aftermath of season 6. I am just not convinced someone couldn't amp them up with the right direction. If they did I would certainly like 12 out of 23 episodes per season a whole hell of a lot more.
    "Building them back up" would do more harm than good. After seeing the Alphas and how just of a minor threat they were, the series will never look believable with trying to build them up as threats, ever. Maybe in the first couple of seasons while we've only gotten to demons and the majority that Sam and Dean had to deal with were monsters, but now having gotten to delve into the demon hierarchy, angels and even Leviathans, it would be laughable for the series to actually try to make the monsters much more of a threat than they are now.

    The way you were with Bloodlines, I'd be with this idea for a spin-off, lol.

  13. #118
    Onward Season 10! Anno_Domini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Posts
    3,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin 3:16 View Post
    Im thinking maybe there being 5 monster families was too much. They should have started slower and then could have expanded later on. It was a lot to take in for a backdoor pilot u know?
    I think Andrew Dabb had a feeling that they would get green lit for a series with the idea so he decided to just push everything into the backdoor pilot, but now it hurts the mother ship series with such an odd episode unless they enter that world again in season ten.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •