Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    A Deadline slip-up reveals the title of the spin-off is Supernatural: Tribes.

Surprised it's going to keep the 'Supernatural' name and be subtitled. But after last night's episode, the idea of little packs of monsters living and working together may be fun and could also bring in past characters such as that werewolf from "Bitten".

I think the best way to introduce this new world is having Sam and Dean getting involved in a case that has the Alpha Vamp leading the monster's side of things in Chicago, trying to find peace after that entire chaotic Leviathan business that happened in season seven.

According to THR and Deadline, Eric Kripke will return as EP for the spin-off alongside Andrew Dabb, McG, Jeremy Carver, and Robert Singer.

Robert Singer is also directing.

I knew it was going to keep the title. The series isn't going to have characters we know. It's not like The Originals or Flash.

I really want to hear some cast news!

New In Town
    It will be called Supernatural : Tribes

And i vote no to spinoff...I like this God, Hell,Heaven stuff..mora than hunting monsters

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    When I read the title all I could think was "Supernatural: Survivor, then"?

Quite a lineup for this new show....!! Actually looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSheltie View Post
    Quite a lineup for this new show....!! Actually looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

For some reason I am not really interested at all. As I said before in another thread with everything going on on Earth the monster is becoming an endangered species. While monsters have been some fan favorites on Supernatural and were what made the show early on within the first few seasons the whole revelation of what they really are in Season 7 and 8 has really diminished my overall interest in them. I honestly think at this point Supernatural could survive without having Vampires, Ghouls, Werewolves, Shifters, etc etc.

Call me no fun but I am really at this point interested centrally on only Angels vs Demons and moving that overall storyline forward to it's endgame and while I say that as though it sounds like I want this show to end I infact don't but I als can't bring myself to be naive enough to try to say that this show has another 9 seasons in it because let's face it, I really think if it goes past 10 without good reason it might only overestimate the shows half life. Although one can hope that some of the throw away episodes like The Purge can be better suited to this new show so Sam and Dean can be more centrally focused on Heaven VS Hell. But it does raise a question in if the show ends w/ Armageddon Part 2 then what is Tribes going to do? Relegate itself to being a spinoff but prequel to the end of Supernatural?

I don't know. It's going to have to have really good characters and really good writing for it to win this fan over. But then again with how terrible "The Tomorrow People" is and IMO "Vampire Diaries" and "The Originals" as well as a lot of other tv shows not within the CW brand this show might be the best show on TV considering who is running it afterall.

never liked the whole monster stuff.. but I will give it a try ofc

After certain lackluster storylines in season six with the monsters trying to rebel, I wouldn't mind seeing a series dedicated mostly to monsters and their own beliefs and what not.

Forum Whiz
    Yeah but this really runs the risk of turning into Supernatural: Twilight. If there is one reference to a bitter war between Vamps and Lycans I am out right away. This needs to be more like a Being Human kind of situation. Kind of have like a UN for Monsters or something that's a little less sponged off of.

The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar
    Character details from TV Line:

http://tvline.com/2014/02/02/superna...tribes-the-cw/

I guess this is why some of the monster characters don't seem to be part of iZombie Either way, sounds intriguing but I REALLY kind of wish they'd just start a spin-off AFTER Supernatural has finished its whatever-seasons-long run. Or as a limited series during repeat time or something.

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    I have to admit, while I was never that thrilled with the idea of this spin-off, the more I hear/read about the more my enthusiasm dwindles. And this latest bit? Does not help.

My very first thought is, if these families are so powerful why haven't Sam and Dean heard of them and ganked them (or at least tried to)?

Tribes really has a sound of what could be a crime thriller kind of saga, but with monsters. Monster families, cops and hunters both being involved…if done right, it could be executed very, very well and I don't care if there's some West Side Story twist of lovers from different families….this idea could become extraordinary if done right and thought outside the box.

Quote Originally Posted by waynedeath1047 View Post
    Yeah but this really runs the risk of turning into Supernatural: Twilight. If there is one reference to a bitter war between Vamps and Lycans I am out right away. This needs to be more like a Being Human kind of situation. Kind of have like a UN for Monsters or something that's a little less sponged off of.
    How would a bitter war between vampires and lycans be something like Supernatural: Twilight? SPN's versions of both vampire and lycanthropes/werewolves are nothing like Twlight and would actually feel more like Underworld than Twilight.

And I don't think something like this would've gotten Sam and Dean's attention, Welling_is_pretty. I think Sam and Dean always focus "on the now" cases. And as those character details mention, the families probably assumed roles of more like gang/mob families rather than monsters until that event, whatever it was, caused for them to actually act like monsters again.
    Last edited by Anno_Domini; 02-02-2014 at 12:14 PM.

I'm all for it. Shapeshifters as main characters? Awesome. That could give a lot of possibilities.

So, five families, right? One family of werewolves, one of shapeshifters. I'm guessing one of vampires, probably one of Djinns. And I'm not sure what other monsters could have families. As long as there isn't one of skinwalkers, i'm all in. And I hope there isn't one of witches, you would already have the three classes of monsters that run New Orleans in The Originals.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast