Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural: Bloodlines (Was Tribes, Spin-off Series, #9.20 Backdoor Pilot)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It says Jared and Jensen would be in the episode that is in effect the pilot for the spinoff....I highly doubt they would be in the actual show, or just the first episode....

So....are we talking hybrids? Interesting....

And I'm all for Supernatural continuing!! I love this show.

Comment

Heard about those details....don't really buy it. I mean, on one hand you have Jared that seems thrilled for more seasons of SPN and could easily want to show up on the spin-off, and on the other you have Jensen that apparently banged his head on the table when asked about more seasons after ten for SPN at Comic-Con.

Or the brothers could also die by series end, so who knows.

Comment

It was kind of hard to tell if Jensen banging his head was a "dude, you aren't supposed to talk about seasons after 10...." or "dear God please no more after 10...."

But yeah, in all the videos/you tubes I saw from SDCC 2013, Jared was way too excited about everything, Jensen was very low-key....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
          It was kind of hard to tell if Jensen banging his head was a "dude, you aren't supposed to talk about seasons after 10...." or "dear God please no more after 10...."

But yeah, in all the videos/you tubes I saw from SDCC 2013, Jared was way too excited about everything, Jensen was very low-key....

Does anyone remember where the kid hunters lived in the episode where the guy was training the chick from "Adventures In Babysitting"??

Comment

No, sorry....but Singer did say they were totally new characters. And apparently might be hybrids according to the last info from I forget where....it's in another spoiler thread....

Comment

Just the way Jared was towards seasons beyond a tenth one, it really felt like Jensen banging his head on the table was because of the thought of more than ten seasons. I could be mistaken, but I mean, I don't think he would've done that if there was supposed to be zero mention of more seasons beyond a tenth.

Originally posted by waynedeath1047
              Does anyone remember where the kid hunters lived in the episode where the guy was training the chick from "Adventures In Babysitting"??
              Kansas.

No, sorry....but Singer did say they were totally new characters. And apparently might be hybrids according to the last info from I forget where....it's in another spoiler thread....
              There's this:

Season nine will also include an anticipated backdoor pilot for a series spinoff. WhatCulture! reports that episode 20 of season nine, which will be near the end of the season, will set up a story arc for a spinoff series that will include something a bit different: human/monster hybrids. Producer Jeremy Carver told Entertainment Weekly that they plan to have "main characters who are both human and monsters" to have both "families of monsters and families of hunters."
              But it really sounds like the article is getting confused on what Carver is trying to say. He's mentioned that the series will deal with an ensemble cast that deals with both hunters and monsters. Also, there can't really be human/monster hybrids anyways. I mean, if you take a monster and have it procreate with a human, won't the outcome still be a monster by looking at shapeshifters and rugarus from past seasons of SPN.

Comment

It says Jared and Jensen would be in the episode that is in effect the pilot for the spinoff....I highly doubt they would be in the actual show, or just the first episode....

So....are we talking hybrids? Interesting....

And I'm all for Supernatural continuing!! I love this show.
                That quote kind of sounds like they would be involved past just the backdoor pilot to be honest though.

Comment

Come to think of it, I still think the article's writer was confused, but after thinking about it it could also mean the series would deal with monster/HUNTER hybrids. As in, monsters who are hunters. We've never seen that before.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                    What hunter in the Old West do you mean? Are you referring to someone that was in "Frontierland"?
                    No, I was talking about the unnamed hunter. When John first tells the story of the Colt and it's history he mentions that Samuel Colt gave the weapon to a hunter (I think we see him on a rearing horse or something?). The hunter is never named and we don't ever find out anything more about him. I was just saying that, since we know the Campbell family are a long line of hunters, it would make perfect sense for that one to be a Campbell.

Comment

Oh, that hunter. I totally forgot that John mentioned Samuel Colt made the gun for a hunter.

It would have definitely been fun to see who exactly that hunter was indeed. I suppose one could say "Frontierland" retcons that since Samuel Colt has the gun with him in that episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                        It would have definitely been fun to see who exactly that hunter was indeed. I suppose one could say "Frontierland" retcons that since Samuel Colt has the gun with him in that episode.
                        It would have, I agree. I always wondered who he was (what hunter was so smart or so important that Colt crafted the gun just for him?) and would have liked for them to work it in Frontierland. As for that ep., some have speculated that Colt gives the gun to 'the unnamed hunter' after he meets Sam, which is possible I guess. Still, it does open a few possible plot holes.

I still just wish that we'd gotten the Colt/Old West spin-off rather than this Chicago thing (though I realize it would be tough for the J's to guest star on that show--but then we time travel at least once a season now, it seems!).

Comment

I think, if anything, the gun is given to that Elkins guy at that bar(perhaps he becomes a hunter) or maybe he gave the Colt to a hunter way before the events of "Frontierland" before Samuel Colt even created that railroad pentagram. But I will always be on the side that would prefer that Old West prequel. Just something about this new spin-off idea has rubbed me the wrong way. I don't know if it's because I think a spin-off is a terrible idea this late in the game or that I have a feeling the CW pressured them into creating an idea for a spin-off because the CW only has a few hits nowadays.

Comment

Jeremy Carver offers up some details.

Let’s talk about the spin-off. It’s still slated for episode 20, correct?
                            That’s about as much as I can tell you, but yes. It is episode 20.

Have you started writing it?
                            Yes I can say that, yes! We’re excited! We think the fans will be excited.

What has been the biggest challenge with writing this new world?
                            We’re on a show that’s in its ninth year, so one significant challenge is, “How do you create an entirely new show that feels like its related to your existing show but [is] carving out a new sort of universe of stories as it were, so you feel like you’re not having to repeat yourself?” Because after nine years, you’ve covered a lot of territory, so I think everyone here is very excited that we’ve done that. We’ve created a world that feels like the Supernatural world yet has so much more story to be told that doesn’t trample on the mother ship’s terrain. You’ve got two shows that are going to be able to exist in total harmony, I think.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/01/14/su...ural-season-9/

Comment

My idea of spinoff....I saw guys said on crytics that they are still not confirmed for next season, and they sounded like they won't and they don't want. To be clear, a supernatural without Sam and Dean ain't supernatural anymore and I would probably stop seeing the show. I think it is very bad idea,the spinoff, because the main plot is going on so well and also thera are so many other ways to create season 10, like topic about God, Lucifer and Michael out of cage working together,all monsters out from purgatory, all demons on earth,all angels on earth...the real apocalypse...but doesn't matter
                              For me possible scenario for season ending:
                              Sam closing the gate of Hell, sacrificing himself.
                              Dean closing the gate of Paradise, sacrificing himself.
                              Castiel killing Gadreel and Metatron, and proclaiming himself the new leader of Paradise.
                              Crowley killing Abbadon, king of hell.
                              Return of God to revive Winchesters, but they refuse, so he makes them not to know anything about Supernatural, so they can have a real and a normal life.

Comment

Originally posted by grakic
                                My idea of spinoff....I saw guys said on crytics that they are still not confirmed for next season, and they sounded like they won't and they don't want.
                                Actually there's an almost certainty that the show will return for Season 10. Mark Pedowitz, the head of the CW, was recently heard saying that as long as the ratings stay good (and they have been very good lately) the show will continue. I believe the J's are both signed to do Season 10 already as well. So Season 10, barring complete disaster, is pretty much going to happen (though, of course, we have to wait for official word). After that, however, no one is quite sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎