Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Supernatural: Bloodlines (Was Tribes, Spin-off Series, #9.20 Backdoor Pilot)

http://tvline.com/2013/07/21/supernatural-spin-off-cw/

Angels aren’t the only heavenly things coming our way in Supernaturals ninth season. The CW is developing a spin-off of the long-running drama, TVLine has confirmed. Executive producer Bob Singer first announced the project during a press event at Comic-Con on Sunday.
    Details are few and far between right now — it’s still early in the process — but here’s what we’ve gleaned: A new character will be introduced in or around Episode 20 (which will serve as a planted pilot for the new show). That character will then anchor the spin-off.

While the Winchesters are fond of running around the great outdoors, we’re hearing that the new endeavor will have a more citified feel.
    Well. That happened.

Not really sure I'm that exicited. Just another way to milk money.

how would they spin it off? unless its a prequal spin off but seriously the did a semi spinoff for smallville and the vampire diaries. they need some original stuff and im not talk the VD "Original" spinoff lol.

Not really excited for this. Supernatural should end where something has a long-lasting feeling, perhaps of everything majorly evil being dead and gone.

Straight from the source.

Seems like Robert Singer wasn't supposed to let it slip so prematurely. I'll reserve my judgement on the potential of a spin-off until I see the backdoor pilot.

Forum Whiz
    I wouldn't mind an Angel spin-off or even better they finally own up to Aliens existing somehow. That would make for a good spin-off.

Quote Originally Posted by waynedeath1047 View Post
    I wouldn't mind an Angel spin-off or even better they finally own up to Aliens existing somehow. That would make for a good spin-off.

Ummm didn't one of the Ghostfacers crew tweet that they were coming back this season? What's more likely than a series that is already established and has a fan base and a website and a miniseries already? They'll introduce a more serious character, and then it'll be The Ghostfacers show

Forum Regular samwinchestermustdie's Avatar
    I'm not sure I like this idea. I'll give it a shot though. Hopefully they don't taint the already existing greatness of SPN. I'm hoping for something like Frasier( not that I ever liked Frasier I'm just putting a successful example out there ) being a spin off to Cheers as to That 80's Show or Baywatch Nights. Not asking for much just make it watchable Mr. Singer.

Madman With A Blue Box Austin 3:16's Avatar
    I hope this happens! Especially since if it is a spinoff that means they can always so crossovers and have Jared, Jensen, Misha and others show up too.

I always thought that Supernatural had the ability to at least attempt a spin-off. I think with the Originals that the CW might have faith in the attempt at such. The only scenario I could see is the introduction of an angel faction that would bring in the audience that the Vampire Diaries has. Which of course I will watch at least giving it a chance, but I will wait and see. I am not a fan of VD and cringe at even the commercials for Beauty and the Beast, but being a fan of SPN for now going on 9 years, I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but please no Castiel show. I love Cas and Misha but their awesomness is in SPN, not a tweeny show....JMO

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotaris View Post
    Ummm didn't one of the Ghostfacers crew tweet that they were coming back this season? What's more likely than a series that is already established and has a fan base and a website and a miniseries already? They'll introduce a more serious character, and then it'll be The Ghostfacers show
    It was more them tweeting as a suggestion to come back. I haven't found anything to substantiate them actually doing so.

A Ghostfacers spin-off could work...if they did it as a half-hour mockumentary style.

New In Town
    It's supposed to be anchored by a brand new character--so nobody we aleady know.

Before season eight, I would have loved to see a spin-off during the old western days as was brought up once before during season three I think. Post season eight, I would love to see a series set during the prime of the Men of Letters, but now...I just don't know what a spin-off could be like. If everyone else besides hunters start to realize that the supernatural exists starting with the falling of the angels, what if a spin-off details on a group of X-Files-like agents? This also makes me speculate the idea of a spin-off being about a group of agents and what not:

we’re hearing that the new endeavor will have a more citified feel.

Madman With A Blue Box Austin 3:16's Avatar
    Could it be with those kids that were hunting vampires in season 8?

Nevermind I just read itll be a new character. I was kind of hoping those kids would get their own show. That was a cool ep.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast