Page 1 of 182 123451151101 ... LastLast

Zelda: Ocarina of Time Mafia (Official Game Thread)

A dark time is approaching….dost thou have the courage to survive?

Welcome to….

ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME MAFIA

Oh townspeople of Hyrule, harken to my words, the words of the Deku Tree. Hyrule hath been a land of peace for nearly a decade but I sense a darkness steadily approaching. There art those among thee who serve an evil, far greater than thou can dreamest. Thy task is to stop the evil ones from taking over and corrupting thy beloved Hyrule. Ere the sun sets each day, thy must banish someone to an eternal death. If thou chooseth wrongly, thou will fail.

These are the Hyrulian laws thou must uphold (stolen from Summer and obviously modified):

General laws:
    1. I am the mod of this game. Thou shalt uphold my laws or suffer the consequences. I believe that I am fair in this game but truly I am only a tree. Trees are prone to make mistakes and are not perfect. Thou must promise not to yell at me if I do mess up. My mod color is green. It is mine not thine, do not use it.
    2. Thou art assigned a character and role that will assist thee in the game. At no point, is thou art allowed to share thy role or character with another player (NO ROLE/CHARACTER CLAIMING) in the thread. Aaaaaaaaand NO HINTING!!! If thou role/character claims, thou shalt be subject to modkill. If thou hints or I suspect thee of hinting, thou will suffer the consequences.
    3. The game flows in two stages: DAY and NIGHT. DAY stages will last no more than 5 RL days. NIGHT stages will last no more than 48 hours.
    4. During the DAY, thou must discuss whom thee believes to be of evil. Thou will be able to lynch another player and banish their spirit to the graveyard.
    5. During the NIGHT, those with special abilities must PM their targets to the moderator (that’s me ). The evil ones shall have a chance to kill player ere the DAY breaks. There shall be no discussion in this thread at the time.
    6. Thou shalt NOT discuss the game with another player outside this thread, unless otherwise prompted (such as the mafia).
    7. Upon death, thou art allowed to make ONE farewell post and then thou shalt not speak anymore. Thy soul will be condemned to the graveyard and even then thou shalt NOT discuss the game with any player!
    8. Thou must stay on topic! Fluff posts are to be kept at a MINIMUM!!! I realize this maketh me a hypocrite, but it is truly annoying for players to have to read through many fluff posts. If I feel thou art being too fluffy, I shall give thee a warning. If thou ignoreth my warning, then thou must suffer the consequences. (Note I am not saying you can’t fluff, but please don’t be obsessive.)
    9. Please stay active!! Thou shalt make at least five ON-TOPIC posts each day ere the day ends. If thou art unable to satisfy this quota for personal reasons (sickness, vacation, work etc), PLEASE let me know. If thou don’t comply and don’t give me any notice of thy absence, I shall give thee warning. If thou still don’t comply, I shall have no other choice but to issue thee a modkill.
    10. Thou art not allowed to quote anything outside the thread as evidence. In that regard, thou shall not be discussing the game outside this thread.
    11. Thou shalt not edit thy posts. If thou hast made grammatical errors or formatting mistakes and thou wish to edit, send me thy post via PM and I may decide to let thee edit.
    12. Remember that this is merely a game and no player shall attack another player’s feelings. Thou shall follow all Hylian laws as well as K-Site Forum rules.
    13. The greatest Hylian law is this: THOU SHALT HAVE FUN!

DAY STAGES:
    The DAY stage of the game is when thou must discuss thy suspicions with thy fellow players. Thou must decide whom among thee belongs to the mafia, commonly referred to as “scum”. Thou will have the chance to vote one of thy fellow players to be lynched. The player with the required number of votes will be lynched and sentenced to the graveyard. The game will then enter a NIGHT stage.

VOTING & LYNCHING:
    1. Thou must use the following format to place a vote: VOTE: PLAYER X. Any vote not cast in this format shall not count.
    2. If thou wishes to change thy vote, one must first unvote before voting again. To unvote you must simply say: UNVOTE. (And NO you don’t have to say the player’s name )
    3. The number of votes required to be lynched is a simple majority: “half the number of players” + (1 – if even number of players OR - if odd number of players). The only exception is when a player is listed as “strong” in their role PM. A strong player needs an extra vote to be lynched or a unanimous vote.
    4. Once a player obtains the required number of votes, the lynch shall be final and the game shall enter twilight. Players shall still post during twilight, while I prepare the final lynch results.
    5. If a player does not receive the required number of votes ERE deadline, the required number of votes shall be reduced by half (rounded up if odd number). If there is a tie, then the player who gathered the reduced number of votes first shall be lynched.
    6. If no player receives the required number of votes ere deadline, then no lynch will occur.
    7. Thou shall also be able to VOTE: NO LYNCH, and if a majority of players vote NO LYNCH the day will end with a NO LYNCH.

NIGHT STAGES:
    1. There shall be no posting in the thread during night stages of the game.
    2. Any player with a special ability must send thy night choices via PM by the NIGHT deadline.
    3. If I do not receive thy PM, then thou will forfeit thy ability.

FLAVOR TEXTS:
    At the start and end of each day and in your role PMs, I will supply flavor text (unless I just don’t feel like it ). Flavor text is only there to add to the game and WILL NOT offer any hints or reveal anything that happens in the night stages of the game. They are purely for entertainment value only.

THEME:
    The theme of the game is based on the popular video game The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Although playing the game may help you understand why certain roles are the way I made them, it is not a requirement to play this mafia game.

COMMON TERMS AND ACRONYMS:
    IGMEOY: “I got my eye on you”
    FOS: finger of suspicion
    BWCS: best worst case scenario
    AtE: appeal to emotion
    Hammer vote: a final vote that lynches a player
    L-#: used to describe how many votes a player is away from being lynched. For example: If it takes 5 votes to lynch and a player has 3 votes that player is at L-2
    LyLo: “lynch-or-lose” Used to describe a situation when the town does not lynch or mislynches, they lose.
    MyLo: “mislynch-or-lose” Used to describe a situation when the town mislynches, they lose. However, a No Lynch will usually lead to another round.
    SK: serial killer
    RVS: “random voting stage” – commonly used at the beginning of the game as way to the game going. Players will usually vote each other for random reasons.
    EBWOP: “edit by way of post” – since you are not allowed to edit your posts, if you have an edit you need to make, make a NEW post with EBWOP at the top and state your changes.
    Lurking: Used to describe someone who is online and reads the thread but makes few posts OR someone who isn’t very active. (this is NOT encouraged)
    OOC: “out of character”
    OT: “off topic”
    Fluff: Any conversations that have nothing to do with the game.

STARTING TIPS:
    The big question is: how do you begin? Well a common starting strategy for Mafia is to begin the game in a RVS (see above). People will accuse/vote for other people (often for silly reasons) just to get people talking. Since this is an online game and you can't read facial expressions, the best way to play is to analyze what other people say. Find when other people are being suspicious and when it looks like their hiding something. You have 5 days to get your votes in so don't feel like you have to rush the game. Investigate, dig deep and sniff out whom among you is scum. Remember that you can always UNVOTE if a majority vote has not been reached or the deadline has not passed. Please do your best to participate and stay active, the game is not fun when everyone is quiet.

NOW LET THE GAME COMMENCE!

Those who have survived to take over Hyrule (2):
    Joelle aka Ganon, the mafia godfather and one-shot superhammer
    Pali aka Phantom Ganon, the mafia reflector

Those whose souls have passed to the graveyard (11):
    Jenny aka Darunia, the strong townie killed Night 1
    Summer aka Koume, sorceress of fire, the mafia tracker lynched Day 3
    Lou aka Link, the townie JOAT killed Night 3
    Jeff aka Princess Ruto, the townie lover (with Lou) committed suicide Night 3
    FZ aka Kotake, sorceress of ice, the mafia roleblocker lynched Day 4
    Kitty/Guru aka Impa, sage of shadows, the ninja townie watcher killed Night 4
    Laura aka Dark Link, the survivor lynched Day 5
    E aka Zelda, leader of the seven sages, the townie cop and one-shot governor killed Night 6
    Dylon aka Rauru, sage of light, the townie enabler lynched Day 7
    Ash aka Saria, sage of the forest, the townie neighbor killed in endgame
    Tracey aka Nabooru, sage of spirit, the townie jailkeeper killed in endgame

Those who have been banished to the Twilight Realm a.k.a modkilled (1):
    Munnag aka Navi, the hated townie follower modkilled Day 1

Game Index:
    Night Zero
    Day One
    Night One
    Day Two
    Night Two
    Day Three
    Night Zero/Three
    Day Four
    Night Four
    Day Five
    Night Five
    Day Six
    Night Six
    Day Seven
    End Game
    Last edited by super_j_man; 08-17-2013 at 05:15 AM.

Night Zero

Listen to my words…..the words of the Deku Tree….

It is time…time for the boy without a fairy to begin his journey. I can sense his nightmares growing stronger. An evil threatens this land. This evil…a man from the desert...he came to my forest to steal one of the keys to the Sacred Realm, the Spiritual Stone of the Forest, the Kokiri’s Emerald. Since I refused to give him the stone, he laid a curse on me...a curse that will soon have my life. But do not grieve for me. Ere I pass on, I will send the boy on his quest and give him the stone. I will also send Navi the fairy to guide him on his way. But make no mistake, this man from the desert will not stop at anything from seeing his task complete. His name is Ganondorf. If he is looking for the keys to the Sacred Realm, he must be after the Triforce of Legend. Let me tell you a tale…

Anyone who touches the Triforce will have his or her greatest desires become reality. They will be like a god. The Triforce does not measure good or evil. If an evil person touches it, a darkness will consume Hyrule and the Sacred Realm. Ganondorf must not be allowed to obtain the Triforce or the world will succumb to his evil. Thou must summon the courage to put a stop to his evil. The fate of the world depends upon thee…

Night 0 hath begun! If thou hast an ability that can be used night 0, send me a PM with whom thou wishes to target. Deadline is July 16th @ 5 PM EDT/10 PM BST. Any night action that I do not receive ere deadline will not count. I’m allowing thee to make ONE post of fluffy excitement during Night 0. Once thou has made thy post…..SHHHHHHHHHHHush

One last thing….

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce!

Those currently among the living in the land of Hyrule (14):
    Kitty/Guru
    Summer
    Lou
    Laura
    Joelle
    Jenny
    FZ
    Ash
    John
    Jeff
    E
    Munnag
    Dylon
    Pali
    Last edited by super_j_man; 07-15-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Yyaaayyyyyyy

hmmm i still don't have a display picture.... Stupid update

who should I pick???
    E what site did you tell me to use back awile ago to make dp's??

Any who TIME TO TAKE DOWN GANNON!! or lets hope to take him down even before that stage

Keep Beach City Weird! Embraceurside's Avatar
    Omg yayyyyy!!!!!! Second post!!!!!! Im so glad this is gonna be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Suiko View Post
    Yyaaayyyyyyy

hmmm i still don't have a display picture.... Stupid update

who should I pick???
    E what site did you tell me to use back awile ago to make dp's??

Any who TIME TO TAKE DOWN GANNON!! or lets hope to take him down even before that stage
    Omgggg I don't remember that :eek; that was like a long time ago *cries*

Good game to everyone

Wu needs to know!!!!!! jpfort1957's Avatar
    Good luck to all us townies!!!!

Yay it's on. Good .
    And Jess, you write all the players' names in green? how are we supposed to know who is red and who is really green in that list? ...

Bring it on

Quote Originally Posted by super_j_man View Post

Night 0 hath begun! If thou hast an ability that can be used night 0, send me a PM with whom thou wishes to target. Deadline is July 16th @ 5PM EST/4PM CST/9PM GMT. Any night action that I do not receive ere deadline will not count. I’m allowing thee to make ONE post of fluffy excitement during Night 0. Once thou has made thy post…..SHHHHHHHHHHHush

BTW for those in England its not 9 but 10. I dble checked it with a time zone converter because I was sure it was 6 hr dif between where I live (cst) and those i know who live in the UK. It's only 5 hrs dif during a tiny tiny period because of dst. *eye roll* also..i found out that apparently England isn't GMT during the Summer.. like oooooooooookay!.

Sorry been so quiet Jess. It's not ur game or anything.. i'm battling Migraines really bad currently and just haven't felt up to all kinds of posting.

Whoop whoop let the game begin!! Also jenny I love the profile pic

time for some revenge!!

WOO-HOOO!!!!! SO glad that another game is ready to begin before a new school year starts, while I still have free time on my hands.

Ooh the game started already? Awesome. New game, new avi time And this time, I am doing something that I can't believe. I am NOT using a Clois avi *gasp* But I've fallen in love with a new ship

Quote Originally Posted by Loulou26 View Post
    Ooh the game started already? Awesome. New game, new avi time And this time, I am doing something that I can't believe. I am NOT using a Clois avi *gasp* But I've fallen in love with a new ship
    Am I seeing that avi right???????

Page 1 of 182 123451151101 ... LastLast