No announcement yet.

#9.01 "I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
    Good in theory, but Ezekiel is a recurring character so having him "hide" in Sam doesn't make much sense. Death is there for a reason, and more than just as Sam's personal reaper. Death wants order, and right now with angels on earth everything is chaos, and you have Abbadon up to no good and Crowley as more human than demon and severely demoted from Hell's ranks.

Ezekiel could have made a deal with Dean to save Sam, but the end-game is getting Michael out of the cage to restore order in Heaven. Dean would then have to agree to say yes to Michael....

This brings us almost to The End. After all, Samifer said "we will always end up...here."
    Ezekiel is a recurring character, but it could tie into what Jared talked about regarding playing different parts if he's going to be acting as Ezekiel periodically with Dean. And the character is noted in ep 3, but I don't believe the actor is.

And I absolutely agree they are heading us towards an End!Verse-like scenario, so maybe Zeke hiding in Sam makes Sam a target? Depending on who Zeke turns out to be...

Comment

Well the "Dog Dean Afternoon" spoilers do suggest that Ezekiel is possibly inside Sam.

Comment

Comment

Excellent scene. They've given us quite a few previews and promos. I'm guessing it's for the benefit of the internet free publicity because I don't think SPN is featured heavily in the CW previews. I hope it drums up viewers.

On this specific spoiler:
          We see Dean in the iTunes preview is talking to Cas on the phone asking what the hell is going on while at the hospital (and Dean is not yet beat up looking). So I can only presume that Cas calls AFTER Dean's prayer. Which makes me wonder - is that a coincidence or can Cas hear prayers? We know Anna could tune into "Angel Radio" without her grace so there is precedence. OTOH, it makes Cas slightly more useful than "folding laundry" if he can hear what the Angels are saying or hear prayers. I'm kinda hoping Cas can hear the Angels because it'll help him stay safe and it has dramatic potential in terms of him listening to what they are going through. OTOH, I'm not sure how much "Angel Radio" will be operating because they are all on their own. Having said all this, coincidence is also fairly probable. The first call Cas is going to make is to Dean no matter what is happening.
          Last edited by SVFancross; 10-05-2013, 08:43 AM.

Comment

There is precedent with Anna's angel radio, however, in that instance Heaven was still intact. We also saw from Alfie that it can be manipulated, blocked, although very unpleasantly. I do not believe Cas will be able to tune in....the whole idea of him being human was to take ALL power away from him, which was always the problem the writers had with superhero Cas always coming to the rescue. Cas might have insight into his brethren to recognize them as angels, but I'm pretty sure that's about it. Some angels will be fully powered (except being able to go home and teleport) and some will be at half-power or some maybe even no-power, but are still angels, unlike Cas.

I am very eager to see how Dean and Cas' changed relationship develops (and no I am NOT shipping here) as they both adjust to Cas' humanity. And with some spoilers and speculations on whether Sam is now the host of Ezekiel it's almost like Sam and Cas will have switched places. Sam/Ezekiel is now the go-to power and Cas is now the little brother.

I really like how this season is looking....but I wonder if Lucifer isn't a bit annoyed that some upstart angel has hopped a ride in his vessel....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
              There is precedent with Anna's angel radio, however, in that instance Heaven was still intact. We also saw from Alfie that it can be manipulated, blocked, although very unpleasantly. I do not believe Cas will be able to tune in....the whole idea of him being human was to take ALL power away from him, which was always the problem the writers had with superhero Cas always coming to the rescue. Cas might have insight into his brethren to recognize them as angels, but I'm pretty sure that's about it. Some angels will be fully powered (except being able to go home and teleport) and some will be at half-power or some maybe even no-power, but are still angels, unlike Cas.

I am very eager to see how Dean and Cas' changed relationship develops (and no I am NOT shipping here) as they both adjust to Cas' humanity. And with some spoilers and speculations on whether Sam is now the host of Ezekiel it's almost like Sam and Cas will have switched places. Sam/Ezekiel is now the go-to power and Cas is now the little brother.

I really like how this season is looking....but I wonder if Lucifer isn't a bit annoyed that some upstart angel has hopped a ride in his vessel....

The only problem I have with what was otherwise a very good opening episode was the fact that if it was simply that easy to get Sam or Dean to say yes to one another than why didn't Michael or Lucifer come up with that plan when they were begging it before? Is Ezekiel really just that much more the brain trust? Dues Ex Machina I suppose. :-)

Comment

Well for one, Lucifer explicitly said he would not lie to Sam, and Lucifer was being honest so he wouldn't have pretended to be someone else.

And with Michael, there were obviously more hardcore tactics that were used, such as Zachariah threatening to kill everyone Dean loved. Although, in "The Song Remains the Same", it seemed like Michael was wanting the 'yes' in more honest terms as well.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎