No announcement yet.

9.02 "Devil May Care"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9.02 "Devil May Care"

Apparently they are shooting this episode first before the premiere. This is the only little spoiler I could find so far: It will feature Tracy a gorgeous bad-ass Hunter, and Irv, a manly Hunter who is an old friend of the Winchesters.

Okay, anything with the word "Devil" in it makes me excited!

Comment

Any bets on this episode being Crowley-heavy? He could slowly start to act human, or at least start to feel emotions in this episode. While he didn't fully turn human, he did get all those blood transfusions.

Comment

I did enjoy the early Crowley when he was pseudo-working with the Winchesters trying to keep Lucifer in the cage. I LOVE Crowley....but when he is totally bad, there's nothing to make me scratch my head and wonder if he is being totally honest. Snarky Crowley is always fun, but a bit going back to the original would be welcome.....

Comment

An interview with Guy Norman Bee who directs this episode and while most of it is about Guy wanting to be a director and what not, this is a nice tidbit about the episode:

Q. What can you tell ‘Supernatural’ readers about episode one of Season 9 – ‘Devil May Care’? Can you spill a little something to get us through this hiatus?

A: Although I got the honor of directing the first episode of Season 9 it will air second due to actor availability (one of the guest stars was only available the first 2 days of the episode so we had to shoot him out) - It picks up right where the season premiere leaves off, and the season premiere picks up right where the season 8 finale leaves off! (unlike the one year gap between S7 and S8). Sam has been "cured" and the boys resume their lives as if the trials that Sam endured in S8 never affected him. We'll find out how he made this miraculous recovery in the premiere episode. The boys get word of a few of their hunter contemporaries that have been taken hostage by a familiar face from Season 8. He/She leads them to a spot outside Eugene, Oregon so He/She can get info about where Crowley is. How He/She is able to take hunters as hostages is a big part of the episode; by the recruiting of demons and getting them to "Be All That They Can Be!"
          Last edited by Anno_Domini; 08-01-2013, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Abbadon?

Comment

Woah, hunters getting taken as hostages and recruiting demons! I wonder if it's Abbadon whose behind it all

Comment

It's not very subtle. There's noone else it can be. They may just be throwing the He/She thing out there because Abbadon may change sex?

Comment

I think the idea is to let the viewer guess on that specific demon, but for anyone paying attention, it'll definitely be Abaddon. And Abaddon could definitely use a guy as the meatsuit since we've seen it before with both demons(Crowley controlling Kevin's mom for a bit) and Raphael during season six switching from a male vessel to a female vessel.

Comment

And Meg also possessing Sam.....

Comment

Oh yah!

How could I forget that when Dean even mentioned a girl taking over his body

Comment

A demon taking over Sam and Dean is a little different and was inevitable. Who know's what that sex that the demon we call Meg truly was aside from Azazel claiming he was his daughter and that she was dead which every time I watch that episode boggles my mind
                        and seemed as though it was far more of a distraction then a truth,

It was far more different than a demon taking over a mystery guest star type person though. That was a one off story to where Raphael and Lucifer using the corpse of Nicks dead wife, and now seemingly Abbadon possibly switching sexes could be a season long endeavor.

Comment

Who knows what any demon's sex is though, besides Crowley as we know he was a man named Fergus and Lilith who we know was a woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                            Who knows what any demon's sex is though, besides Crowley as we know he was a man named Fergus and Lilith who we know was a woman.

According to this story Alaina Huffman will be returning as Abbadon. But I still wouldn't rule out her possibly returning to the corpse of the woman she possessed and deciding to upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                              Well considering all demons are actually witches in death one could gather what sex they may be. Perhaps when Azazel said Meg was his daughter and the other demon they killed was his son they really were a family while alive in a coven.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎