Man of Steel Clark/Lois Relationship Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WendySue
    ^ I have been, staring non-stop....
    I don't blame you. It's mesmerizing, lol.
    I love how she touches his face and runs her fingers through his hair, while he squeezes her tight.

Comment

I'm so excited for this new dynamic, it's something you never get to see on films, Lois knowing his identity before he becomes Superman and all that
      I'm so glad they did this in the first film!!!

So many scenes reminded me of Smallville! that moment in which they both meet in front of Jonathan's grave is amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Sharingan
        I would've liked to see it develop in the sequel. As with most comic book films, the forceful injection of romance really doesn't feel natural despite that I think Amy Adams and Henry Cavill have great chemistry. I simply think Goyer always rushes the romance element too much. It would've been perfect if there was no kiss.
        Sadly, I agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rianna
          I'm so excited for this new dynamic, it's something you never get to see on films, Lois knowing his identity before he becomes Superman and all that
          I'm so glad they did this in the first film!!!

So many scenes reminded me of Smallville! that moment in which they both meet in front of Jonathan's grave is amazing
          They are ridiculously cute together

I think that scene was done on purpose as an homage to Smallville. At least I like to think it was I mean, they are way too similar!

As for Lois knowing, I will definitely miss the triangle for two. I hope we at least get some of their trademark banter in the sequel

Comment

I won't miss the triangle for two..

Comment

Originally posted by WendySue
              I won't miss the triangle for two..
              I know most people won't

I just enjoy the comedy that it brings to their interactions, and I find beauty in the fact that Lois ends up loving the two sides of the same man without even realizing it. Plus, it's fun to anticipate the moment when he'll finally tell her

Comment

hiddlesy

"This is Clark Kent."

hiddlesy

Comment

they're already making gifs? can't stop staring

Comment

Originally posted by KatherineKent
                    hiddlesy

"This is Clark Kent."

hiddlesy

It's so easy to get lost in them

I love the surprise look that Lois gives in the second gif. It's like she can't believe he's there - wearing glasses! - and at the same time she can't help giggling at the sight of him

And THAT KISS!

Comment

Comment

I have a feeling I'm all alone on this one, but I would love to see a Superman movie WITHOUT Lois Lane.

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlin
                          I have a feeling I'm all alone on this one, but I would love to see a Superman movie WITHOUT Lois Lane.
                          The problem I have with that is two-fold:

1: Clark Kent and Lois Lane are kind of the mother and father of the modern day superhero myth. For me, and I realize this is probably personal taste, they go together. Seeing one without the other feels wrong.

2: It's Hollywood. They want a romance angle. Building off point 1, if I see Clark Kent kissing someone other than Lois, at this point it almost feels like he's cheating. It worked for Smallville because he's just a kid in that show. I don't want to see adult Clark with anyone else.

Comment

No thanks...

Comment

Lois Lane is integral to a story in every way not just as a love interest. Also see BG's first point.

You said you hate Lois Lane earlier so your maybe not wanting out her out for storyline maybe more because of personal taste.
                              Last edited by maasaloo; 06-29-2013, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maasaloo

That was a really excellent scene.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍