Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"City Of Heroes" Countdown /LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anu
    Yeah but I doubt that one could find a show more cheesy than Arrow and the acting is just horrible. I mean Katie is a good actress but oh so miscast in this show.
    Really? Calling Arrow cheesy compared to Smallville? Just quit while you're ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by gmster
      Really? Calling Arrow cheesy compared to Smallville? Just quit while you're ahead.
      Alright, alright. Both are bad shows.

Comment

LOL

But let's stop arguing now.

3 months, 3 days...oh too much math for me

Comment

This is really the wrong thread, but I'd just like to add that there is "good cheese" and "bad cheese" (and I'm not talking about the ones you eat!), and as far as I'm concerned, "Arrow" is "good cheese" most of the time. Marc Guggenheim admitted in a recent interview that "Arrow" has quite a lot of melodrama mixed in with the superhero action, and I personally don't mind, as long as it's well done. I only watched "Smallville" sporadically, but it seems to me that SV was more teen-oriented, at least in the early years. In "Arrow" the younger characters are in their late twenties, which means that even their relationships are a bit more "mature" than the ones in "Smallville". Also, surprisingly enough for a youth-oriented network like CW, there are quite a few middle-aged and even fifty-something characters in the main cast: Diggle, Moira, Walter, Merlyn..If you add that "Arrow" features a hero who has no qualms about killing, I would say that the overall feel of "Arrow" is quite different from the feel of "Smallville" (again judging from what I've seen!). As for the relationship drama... my impression is that the focus of the show is not really Oliver's love affairs, which gives me hope that the "Arrow" fandom won't get involved in the endless debates about relationships ("who is the bestest girl for Oliver?") that plagued parts of the "Smallville" fandom. In "Arrow" romance is more like the icing on the cake, rather than the main hub around which everything evolves, regardless of which woman Oliver is romancing. Although I would like to see Laurel/Oliver united sometime in the future, I'm looking forward to the appearance of the mysterious Lisa, who reportedly is going to wreck havoc with Oliver's heart. There are speculations that she might be Cupido-and if she's anything like her comic book alter ego, I think we're in for an interesting ride!

I should add that these comparisons don't imply that "Smallville" is a lesser show than "Arrow", just that it's different.

Ah, and I think we still have almost three months of hellatus before the season premiere!
          Last edited by evaba; 07-09-2013, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by evaba
            Also, surprisingly enough for a youth-oriented network like CW, there are quite a few middle-aged and even fifty-something characters in the main cast: Diggle, Moira, Walter, Merlyn..
            I think one of the reasons is the CW has been among the few networks to really go for superhero dramas until recently (ABC's Agents of Shield is the first sign of other networks being interested), so it kind of got drafted into that network by default. I think it could easily move to another channel without issue, but the fact is plenty of people watch CW even if they're not teens. In fact, I'm almost 30 but I still enjoy a lot of shows (finished, current, and future) from the CW. As for the older cast, well, this first season I think was about Oliver confronting the sins of his father, and his father's allies in those sins. To commit an act such as the Undertaking, one has to have to experience that comes from running a business for years, such as Merlyn, Robert, Moira, etc.

Smallville was a great show... for a teenage audience. But comparing the two is a completely stupid move. Smallville was a teen drama ala Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but instead of twisting an old mythos they twisted a comic book mythos. It was a coming of age story. Arrow is a dark, edgy drama that gives a realistic edge to why someone would do what Green Arrow does, and how people may react to them. Now, he might not be 'Green Arrow' yet, but he is by no means on a 'journey where he comes of age'. If anything, the flashbacks to the island are the 'coming of age' bits.

Speaking of the flashbacks, I've been thinking and I might be wrong, but is Shado's actress a regular next season? Because if she isn't, I'd say Slade will show up in Starling City. I mean, those three are clearly going to be working together on the island, so why would only of the trio be advanced to series regular? Technically she's been in the series as long as Slade has....

Comment

[SPOILER]the first episode of season 2 is called City of Heroes [/SPOILER]
              Last edited by Sugar; 07-16-2013, 09:49 AM.

Comment

That's not really a spoiler dude...

Comment

the name of the second episode is called "Identity" this is from this site http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-se...isode-is/14635
                  Last edited by KSiteTV; 07-25-2013, 11:10 AM.

Comment

74 days, 8 hours, 15 minutes, and 16 seconds
                    Last edited by Halberdier17; 07-27-2013, 08:46 AM. Reason: I was off in my countdown

Comment

74 days, 00 hours, 34 minutes and 00 seconds for Season 2!

#Arrow

Comment

This is to the east coast premiere.
                        Last edited by southrnbygrace; 07-30-2013, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Thanks for posting that countdown.

Comment

No problem. I like that it's counting down. I am so beyond ready for season 2!

Comment

ugh... two more months! So do not want to wait that long... Just rewatched all of season 1 again, now what do i do for that time???

Comment

44 days, 14 hours, 12 minutes, 40 seconds

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎