Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tomorrow People Spoilers Thread

Here you can post spoilers about the series.

I don't know if this is a spoiler, per se, but meet the new TIM! http://gopha.net/tomorrow/?p=880

Comment

Funny story: I actually know Peter Greenwood, having met him in the TV-DVD section of a Target of all places! (No, he wasn't working there.)

The last I checked with him, to try and confirm the IMDb listing, he said he couldn't confirm anything. It is very possible he did a temp voice and they may get a "name" later... then again, he has done this sort of thing before.

I'm still hoping for John Noble to voice TIM, not that I'd want a job taken away from Greenwood, who is a very nice guy... but just... Walter > Everything.

Comment

I'm new to The Tomorrow People, so who or what is TIM?

Comment

TIM is a "Bio-computer" (steinein can probably explain it better than I can), kind of like a sentient computer, I think. A KITT type thing, or, in Iron Man terms, JARVIS. But TIM came first!

Comment

So TIM is the original wise-cracking sidekick A.I. to the ones must of us are familiar with such as Jarvis and KITT.

Comment

It appears they're not really able to confirm anything at this point (too early), but I do believe he at least did the pilot. I'll go with that till I hear different. Thanks for checking on it though.

As for TIM, he was neither a sidekick nor a wisecracker back in the day. He was quite serious, and even when he did crack a joke he got embarrassed about it. There were two voices for TIM, the original actor was Philip Gilbert, and he voiced the part through the original TV series, and then in the audio series till he passed away in 2004. I never had the pleasure of meeting him but I am told he was a wonderful fellow.

He was replaced for the rest of the audio series by Trevor Littledale... who I have met, and I can tell you he is loads of fun. IMHO he should have been hired to continue on with the CW series.

The physical embodiment of TIM was first a circular casing with domes and tubes which hung from the ceiling. The same design, minus the tubes ended up being made smaller and sat on a pedestal that could move itself around the room. This was reportedly due to a fire on the set during the off season and they ended up replacing everything.

On the other hand, the sentient non-human entity in the Nickelodeon series did nothing but make a loud and annoying mechanical hum, so whatever they come up with for the new TIM will certainly be better than that.

Edited to add: John Noble... good choice. I will have to think of some other good ones as well. It could be quite the lengthy wish list.

Or... ha ha... get Nick Young to play TIM while Luke Mitchell is playing John (Nick was the original John). All of us old time OS fans would freak the hell out every time TIM spoke.
              Last edited by steinein; 05-19-2013, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Nick Young as TIM would be fantastic....he's got the voice for it too.

Comment

Here's a spoiler mixed with some speculation...

So, Stephen's father is an important person in the history of the Tomorrow People... and Stephen seems to have inherited his father's "gifts."

But Stephen also has a younger brother, who I don't think has shown up in the trailers, though I could be wrong. "Luca" is his name, and I'd guess he's 14 or 15 or so.

Could he break out next?

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                    Here's a spoiler mixed with some speculation...

So, Stephen's father is an important person in the history of the Tomorrow People... and Stephen seems to have inherited his father's "gifts."

But Stephen also has a younger brother, who I don't think has shown up in the trailers, though I could be wrong. "Luca" is his name, and I'd guess he's 14 or 15 or so.

Could he break out next?
                    This could just be me but it sounds in a way similar to the role that Robert Queen played in Season 1 of Arrow when it came to the list and The Undertaking etc.

Comment

Maybe.. though I think Stephen's father is a good guy... unless, of course, Jedikiah is a surprise good guy all along.

Comment

Here's another promo with a little more footage:

Comment

Oh yeah. Amell Wednesdays is gonna rock!

Comment

That new promo is amazing!

Comment

Got the chance to watch the pilot today and it was amazing!
                              I didn't like how they ended it that much but it was still awesome.
                              Peyton was, surprisingly, the biggest surprise to me as she was absolutely amazing and Luke Mitchell was incredibly bad ass.
                              There's also a load of shirtless Robbie in the first half of the episode!
                              Can't not give mention to Mark Pellegrino though as he was really good too.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎