No announcement yet.

metatron as the big bad for season 9

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metatron as the big bad for season 9

seems our next villan is another angel this time its metatron the scribe of god
    Last edited by dekabreak1000; 05-15-2013, 11:53 PM.

Ehhh, maybe.

Abaddon is still around. If anything, next season could be a season with multiple big baddies.

Comment

can they for once not have an angel that turns out to be a douche i would say cas is one but he did do some douche type things

Comment

Joshua.

Comment

It seems to me like everything is getting set up for the season 5 episode "The End" to take place. Cas is mortal. Sam is dying and he might have to make a deal with Lucifer to stay alive. The Angels might literally not be able to care or just give up in general in trying to be angels. Also we don't know the consequences of what Metatron really did are. Since Lucifer is the original falling angel does this make him more powerful? Will the Angels seek to unlock the cage to free Michael which may be the only true Angel left due to being in the cage and possibly shielded from the spell?

Man I can't wait for September. But for now I'll settle with Saturday and Doctor Who. :-D

Comment

Unfortunately, we have to wait until October now...plus Supernatural has been moved to Tuesdays behind the new The Originals. Gonna miss that one-two punch of Arrow and Supernatural....

I do think that somehow the need will be urgent to unlock the cage...I think at this point both Michael and Lucifer need to regain their rightful roles as the leaders of their respective homes. Restore order.

I am EXTREMELY curious as to how they are going to deal with Crowley. I am going to have to listen to his babbling while being cured again, but I thought I heard him say "Anna" ... is that the Angel Anna? or I misheard? Fantastic scene with him....I also thought I heard him without his accent. Just love that man.

One thing that I didn't get was in the bar, Cas was looking through the personals and said, "A good friend of a friend" taught him how to do that." Who? Bobby? Was there any episode where looking up the personals was done?

I did have a sad moment when the boys were looking at Bobby's car. Sigh....

So Metatron is the big bad....and yes, the Leviathans were pretty obvious in the opening, but that could just be that they seemed to be the ones getting ganked in Purgatory more than anything else. And I had to rewatch to get a millisecond glimpse of Benny. That didn't seem right, considering the scene with Dean trying to stop Sam from curing Crowley had a big nod to Dean's friendship with Benny.

So is Heaven's Gate closed? or can souls still enter/stay in? Is it just Angels that were kicked out? The statement Metatron made to Cas about when he dies, to find him and bring his stories. I'm thinking Cas will die in order to go to Heaven and have to do something to open the gates, maybe with Michael's help. Might be another way to bring Bobby back in the picture, as for all intents and purposes, he should still be in Heaven. He was not an angel.

And we never did find out who was watching the house....maybe that whole story arc disappeared once Amelia left. Really a big waste of episodes dealing with her. It wouldn't have been so bad if this was explained as part of the main arc.

Bored now.....sigh

Comment

I had a theory..What if they decided to restore heaven at some point and the angel tablet said that only a "son of god" could reopen it...I seem to like this idea myself. Good way to get Luci and Michael back in the story. Restoring heaven sounds like an endgame since Supernatural is about family and all. Helping Lucifer and Michael get along as a family to do what they were meant to...But in order to get them out the cage they need new vessels...Which brings us back to Sam and Dean

Comment

i forgot all about joshua with all angels on earth maybe they can get gods gardner back for a few episodes

Comment

I am pretty sure the focus of Season 9 will be restoring Heaven, and that most definitely will require Michael. Michael already has his vessel in Adam. Sam, on the other hand, is still Lucifer's vessel, and Mark Pellegrino is the ONLY one who could be Lucifer in this show...period. We have already seen Jared playing Lucifer, but we haven't seen Jensen playing Michael...that might be an interesting twist, and certainly Jensen could handle that role. Just one episode please, as Dean always needs to be "Dean." Crowley could play a big part in the restoration of both Heaven and Hell. Seasons 4 and 5 were the best of the series, and it looks like they are heading back in that direction; however, I don't want a total redo of those story arcs. Is Crowley now semi-cured? good? Perhaps Crowley the King of Hell is back to being just plain old Fergus the witch (I guess that's what he is but doesn't explain his relationship with Naomi). Naomi definitely saw more in Metatron than just what she told Dean and Cas.

I know the show runners pay attention to what the fans are saying. They have SO MANY directions they can go in with this finale. Still several plot holes to fix, but some may never be fixed.

Human Cas is something that is long overdue but I just hope they do it right. First off, they need to retire the trenchcoat while he is human. That is symbolic to the difference between Castiel and just plain Cas. This could totally set the stage to 2014. Sam and Cas need to deal with the sibling rivalry they have when it comes to Dean too.

There will be repercussions to Sam not completing the trials, as closing the Gates of Hell were definitely trials, not a spell. There are angel trials on the tablet. And I think there are other tablets as well.

Either way, long boring summer up ahead until Comic-Con in July *sigh* then more boredom waiting now until OCTOBER! grrrrr.....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
                    I am pretty sure the focus of Season 9 will be restoring Heaven, and that most definitely will require Michael. Michael already has his vessel in Adam. Sam, on the other hand, is still Lucifer's vessel, and Mark Pellegrino is the ONLY one who could be Lucifer in this show...period. We have already seen Jared playing Lucifer, but we haven't seen Jensen playing Michael...that might be an interesting twist, and certainly Jensen could handle that role. Just one episode please, as Dean always needs to be "Dean." Crowley could play a big part in the restoration of both Heaven and Hell. Seasons 4 and 5 were the best of the series, and it looks like they are heading back in that direction; however, I don't want a total redo of those story arcs. Is Crowley now semi-cured? good? Perhaps Crowley the King of Hell is back to being just plain old Fergus the witch (I guess that's what he is but doesn't explain his relationship with Naomi). Naomi definitely saw more in Metatron than just what she told Dean and Cas.

I know the show runners pay attention to what the fans are saying. They have SO MANY directions they can go in with this finale. Still several plot holes to fix, but some may never be fixed.

Human Cas is something that is long overdue but I just hope they do it right. First off, they need to retire the trenchcoat while he is human. That is symbolic to the difference between Castiel and just plain Cas. This could totally set the stage to 2014. Sam and Cas need to deal with the sibling rivalry they have when it comes to Dean too.

There will be repercussions to Sam not completing the trials, as closing the Gates of Hell were definitely trials, not a spell. There are angel trials on the tablet. And I think there are other tablets as well.

Either way, long boring summer up ahead until Comic-Con in July *sigh* then more boredom waiting now until OCTOBER! grrrrr.....
                    "No matter what path u go or whatever u alter, u will always end up here"

Comment

Yup....still sends chills

I am wondering now that with Mark P. doing that new show for the CW (name escapes me at the moment) that he might be able to sneak over to the Supernatural set and do a cameo or two....

Comment

since the dude who plays Metatron is the voice on Dan Vs the season 9 premiere episode title should be called Dan Vs The Angels.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie

Yup....still sends chills

I am wondering now that with Mark P. doing that new show for the CW (name escapes me at the moment) that he might be able to sneak over to the Supernatural set and do a cameo or two....
                          Mark will be on "The Tomorrow People"

Comment

I really hope the 2014 scenario plays out...Dean vs Lucifer..But god interferes and takes Lucifers powers away to make it a fair fight. This scenario brings back memories of (Dropping another shows name) Lost when Locke aka Man in Black lost his powers...Honestly Id love to see this..Dean vs powerless Lucifer would be epic..God made humans for angels to worship, and one of the most powerful angels is powerless just to show how much god loves his human creation

Comment

As a graduate of annoying catholic schools (agnostic now lol! Go figure...) Nothing would be cooler for Lucifer to be released from the cage but it would be way too predictable, cliché, and after a while... kinda lame. I don't know what to expect but Anno is probably correct as usual. It will include several baddies fighting for power... Castiel might actually try to be human but eventually want to regain his angelic status (not in that order necessarily), Kevin will find some cool stuff to help on the angel tablet, Crowley/Abaddon fight (Will Crowley have any humanity left or will it just dissipate since he wasn't completely cured), and fallen angel hell on earth. Sure some MIGHT want to free the archangels but that won't happen. Raphael already wanted to do it and it probably will just be a brief mention by a handful of angels in one episode or something. The big question is... Are all the angels fallen (without grace) or are they still supercharged. With heaven closed, will they have power or will their batteries drain quickly? This season could suck very easily if too many mistakes are made but I trust the writers since 8 was pretty darn good after the partial mess of 6 and 7.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎