No announcement yet.

Malcolm Merlyn

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malcolm Merlyn

Does it seem to anyone else that Malcolm Merlyn honestly believed he was doing the right thing, and trying to save the city?

It's almost like the death of his wife drove him into a rage spiral.

His wife dying could've drove him insane and he could've thought he was doing the right thing and that it had to be done.

Comment

Yeah he believed he was doing the right thing or he could've been punishing the people in the Glades as a revenge for those who did nothing while his wife was attacked.

Comment

Absolutely. I think that's why I've loved him so much as the villian, because he was never just doing it for money or power or just to watch the world burn. He was doing it because he believed it was the right thing to do, that the people who watched his wife--a good, kind woman who helped them--bleed to death were like a cancer growing and destroying everything that was beautiful in the world.

Comment

A great villain never thinks that they are the villain & Malcolm was a great villain he was a psychopath who thought he was justified for killing thousands of people.

Comment

The thing is that *I* almost felt he was justified for killing thousands. I got taken in by the sadness. Which is fantastic, because even though I love villains, I've never thought "Yeah, I hope this genocide works out for them"

Comment

It's almost as though the people of the Glades failed him, so he wanted them gone, too.

Comment

John Barrowman's performance was spectacular.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                  It's almost as though the people of the Glades failed him, so he wanted them gone, too.
                  And it's not even much of a stretch. I think most people would be like "Imma kill 'em!" If people literally did nothing while someone you loved bled to death.

Comment

Originally posted by pochemuchka
                    And it's not even much of a stretch. I think most people would be like "Imma kill 'em!" If people literally did nothing while someone you loved bled to death.
                    I think they lost a good enemy in Fyers. He never got a lot of screen time , but he was an interesting 'villain'.

Also is Malcolm actually dead? Has that been confirmed?

Comment

Guys like him, like Ra's al Ghul from Batman Begins...in a way, their motivations could hit the notes of many people and how they'd feel.

I wonder if he's dead or alive though, unless Ollie lied to Tommy and that he indeed killed Malcolm.

Comment

I'm wondering too if Malcolm is dead. They showed Tommy die, but they cut away right after Malcolm said there was a second device never actually confirming he's dead.

Comment

I dont think hes dead. Its too easy to kill the character off and hes a great villain. Plus he needs to stick around and be a thorn in Oliver's side in season 2!

Comment

I don't think his wife's death was entirely the reason he became insane. He wasn't really a husband or father to his family. I think he was/is a power hungry man.

And like must have speculated, we haven't seen the last of Malcolm Meryln

Comment

Yeah didn't Tommy say he disappeared for a time after Malcolm's wife died? I understand that may have driven him completely off his rocker but him leaving Tommy is just borderline abandonment. Not a great parent. Maybe in season 2 we will see that he is crazier than we thought. For all we know maybe when Tommy was by himself Malcolm was in Arkham. We dont know where he was and itd be a great nod to Batman.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎