Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussing That Really Big Spoiler At The Finale's End (SPOILER WARNING)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussing That Really Big Spoiler At The Finale's End (SPOILER WARNING)

Don't want to put "Tommy death" or anything like that in a subject, so I'm beating everyone to it.

While I'm glad the show is avoiding the Osborn trope of the son replacing the father, I'm going to miss Colin Donnell. He really gave depth to a character who started out with very little depth. He's also a very nice guy, but that's beyond the point. I'm sure he's going to be doing some amazing things and I can't wait to see what those things are.

Oh, and doing it to save Laurel? SO not worth it. ;p

Still, a powerful ending and great performances, especially from Colin and Mr. Amell.

Now there is one question: did Oliver lie to Tommy to protect his feelings in his last minutes or was he being honest about his dad?

Word btw: great performances by Donnell and Amell.

Comment

I kinda wish Oliver wasn't lying, though it did look like Malcolm died. And since Merlyn/Dark Archer is character from the comics, I really don't see them killing him off.

As much as I hate to see Tommy die, I'm just glad they didn't make him a villain like a lot of people thought! It wouldn't have made any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB
        Now there is one question: did Oliver lie to Tommy to protect his feelings in his last minutes or was he being honest about his dad?

Word btw: great performances by Donnell and Amell.
        I think Ollie lied since Malcolm appeared to die after he was talking about having redundancies since he is a businessman.

Comment

Yeah, but his death is kind of a trope, too, though admittedly not as common a one. I mean, many people said he'd go evil, and more than a few said he'd die - but how many thought it even possible that neither would happen? I'd much rather he be dead than evil, but I'd still rather he be alive and not evil.

I thought he was lying for Tommy's sake. Of course, that leads to "who is Merlyn" (unless they just aren't having one anymore at all, which is possible, I guess - how big a villain is he in the comics?). I really don't care about Malcolm - the only reason I wanted him alive was because it would make him, not Tommy, the villain. Without Tommy, I don't care. Yes, Tommy was pretty much my favorite character.
          Last edited by Liriel; 05-15-2013, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
            Oh, and doing it to save Laurel? SO not worth it. ;p
            Totally agree!

Comment

"Who is Merlyn," if both of them are dead? Maybe there's a back-up Dark Archer out there?

I don't think Malcolm will "stay dead," if he is. Nanda Parbat = Lazarus Pit and all that. Heck, for all we know, couldn't he revive Tommy? Though I think they don't... that might be too sci-fi for Arrow right now.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                "Who is Merlyn," if both of them are dead? Maybe there's a back-up Dark Archer out there?

I don't think Malcolm will "stay dead," if he is. Nanda Parbat = Lazarus Pit and all that. Heck, for all we know, couldn't he revive Tommy? Though I think they don't... that might be too sci-fi for Arrow right now.
                Until they introduce the super-aspect - if they ever do - it seems that both are dead. I'm asking myself the same question Craig; who is the Merlyn of the show now? Maybe he is in Nanda Parbat? I'm going to miss both the actors though, so weird seeing Barrowman die for once; so used to seeing him coming up for air every time he gets killed. #CaptainJack

Comment

I didn't think about the Lazarus pit, though I did think of clones (did Lex do that - some villain did). But I thought too outside the scope of the professed "realistic" nature of this particular show. But I thought of it especially in terms of Malcolm talking about redundancy. Still doubt he's got another son out there, and it wouldn't have the same emotional weight if he did, anyway. So I don't know what to think. Will Merlyn, the enemy, just be dead and Oliver have someone new next season?

Comment

Tommy is really dead: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...hats-next.html

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB
                      Until they introduce the super-aspect - if they ever do - it seems that both are dead. I'm asking myself the same question Craig; who is the Merlyn of the show now? Maybe he is in Nanda Parbat? I'm going to miss both the actors though, so weird seeing Barrowman die for once; so used to seeing him coming up for air every time he gets killed. #CaptainJack
                      He could be somebody that knows Malcolm Merlyn and found he is dead. He could be at Nanda Parbat maybe it is a relative that Tommy and Ollie don't know about maybe Malcolm had another son that was raised in Nanda Parbat.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                        He could be somebody that knows Malcolm Merlyn and found he is dead. He could be at Nanda Parbat maybe it is a relative that Tommy and Ollie don't know about maybe Malcolm had another son that was raised in Nanda Parbat.
                        I don't think Malcolm has another son but that is possible but I could see the man that trained Malcolm being the "Merlyn of the series" but that is just a theory.

Comment

Originally posted by biarpcalb
                          Not a shocker - I never considered he wasn't until I saw posts by others speculating. As I said, it's a shame for me, because he was my favorite. But I'm vindicated, but I've been arguing on his behalf, saying he wouldn't be a villain. Unless they decide to bring him back three seasons from now, of course.

Comment

Well, Barrowman had said about filming in July, so I'm guessing he's still amongst the living

Comment

Originally posted by pochemuchka
                              Well, Barrowman had said about filming in July, so I'm guessing he's still amongst the living
                              Or it could be flashbacks.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎